October 20, 2014 | 2102 users online

Eyes - E.L.F. - 32 shadow palette

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2013 12:24:00 AM More reviews by kirito

I picked up the 32 warm color palette for $5 at Ross about a year ago. At the time, I just learned how to use eyeshadows, so I didn't want to splurge on the Naked palette yet. I love the colors! Pretty much all of them are so wearable, and there's a good mix of shimmery and matte colors. It's such a great bargain, and I believe there are a handful of dupes for the colors in the Naked palette. I use this palette everyday, and even when I pick up the Naked palette in the future, I'll still use the E.L.F palette.

The only problem I had with this was the packaging. One of the hinges snapped, so when I open the palette, the lid hangs to one side. Not a big deal though, so overall, great product!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/12/2013 6:51:00 AM More reviews by littlelushaddict

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm normally a big fan of elfs blushes and brushes so I thought I'd check out their eyeshadow palette, I brought the naturals palette and i have to say I was disappointed. although I like some of the shimmery eyeshadows, the matte ones pretty much have no pigment at all, the eyeshadows I do like also tend to fall off so I end up with eyeshadow all under my eye I don't mind putting up with that though as the colours are pretty. The packaging itself is not bad but I find my lid doesn't quite close properly, sort this out elf! Overall not a terrible product i'm just disappointed as I really wanted to like it as its only £5

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2013 4:31:00 PM More reviews by mschristinaann5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am Elf's biggest fan! I have to say they have amazing products and the 32 piece collection is an amazing palettes, great for beginners to collectors. I have to admit the first couple werent that great but w/ each new one, i think they keep getting better and better!
~~~~~~~~~ PRICE & AVAILABILITY ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Elf 32 Piece Collection palettes can be found on the eyeslipsface website. Ive also seen them at Target, Big Lots and at some Ross stores. They have released a few different palettes over time so each set may not be available now. The price is great, only $5 or less for 32 shadows is a really really GREAT deal!
~~~~~~~ SHADE/ FORMULA/ PERFORMANCE ~~~~~~~
Elf 32 Piece Collection is a great palette to reach after for a variety of reasons, daily use & great for travel. Depending on which palette I use, so many looks can be achieved. I have the 1st palette that was released up to the most recent, i have to say the formula is far superior now. The eyeshadows keep getting better in quality. The last few i purchased have been great. The colors are very beautiful & soft, creamy. I will briefly say that the first few weren't that pigmented, a little on the hard side & blended & faded away somewhat but the newest ones are way better. The shadows are soft, smooth, apply evenly & blend nice as well. The colors are pigmented & show up great. I use the Elf $1 primer under & sometimes a cream base if i can which does help w/ pigmentation. I have a few palettes to pick from & so many gorgeous colors. The great thing about these are within the collection, Elf includes matte, semi- matte, pearl, metallic & shimmer shadows. With different finishes, i find i can complete a look w/ dimension. I dont have to bring different shadows for brow bone or darkening the crease, its all right there. The price makes this even better. I have 5 or so of these palettes & daily i reach for one of them. I have Warm & Cool sets & all of them have some favorite shadows. The lighter shades are great for highlighting brow bone, inner corners, a wash on the lids. The mid tones are great for blending & crease work & the darkest shades are great for outer v & crease work as well as lining the eyes. I say if you were disappointed in the first sets, maybe give a new one a try. I think they are great.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~ PACKAGING ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Elf 32 Piece Collection comes in a nice sleek flat black rectangular compact. The palette is great for traveling since a variety of shades are offered, so many looks with these sets. The compact is made of sturdy hard plastic that is durable & resistant to packing them up and banging them around a little bit. Included on the lid is a mirror that is convenient if needed. The front lid has a see thru peep window, which ilike since i have a few & i can tell which colors are inside. The elf logo is located on the front in glossy black lettering. Included is 32 small squares of shadows. I havent had any problems w/ any coming loose or falling out but nothing glue cant fix. 2 double ended foam applicators inside. I like how simple & cute these look & it keeps the product protected too.
Overall, the Elf 32 Piece palettes from Elf are a fav of mine. I collect them & use them all the time. I have some favorite eye shadows within these. They have included gorgeous, unique shadows that anyone can enjoy. I have bought palettes from the more known brands online & have to say I reach for these more often. Less bulky big packaging, these are small enough to fit in a bag & yet I dont feel guilty if i dont use a shadow or two. These are a true bargain but def worth much more. I will def repurchased, already have over the years. I have my own little Elf collection & these are probably one of the top 5 i reach for. I recommend for those who are beginning in makeup since you will get all the colors you need, from neutrals to colorful, day and night time colors for a fraction of the cost. I love too that the different palettes accommodate alot of makeup lovers needs.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/8/2013 3:14:00 PM More reviews by lara90

Got this one in natural. The colors are kind of 50/50, a few are extremely chalky with bad color delivery, and because of that I gave it a 3 instead of 4, it was close though. I do like elf eyeshadows in general, especially the small essentials 4 piece pallettes, so I decided to give this a go. I really love some of these, but as I said, color delivery and chalkyness does vary greatly between all these colors, and some of them will obviously crease. I think it was worth the money, but I really hate the packaging, its extremely difficult to get it open and I wont be using the applicator at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2012 10:39:00 PM More reviews by loudmouth

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have three of these, so obviously I like them lol. I have the warm one (neutrals and plums), the cool one (greens, pinks, and neutrals), and the colorful one (brights and a few neutrals). Surprisingly, my least favorite is the warm one, which I wouldn't really recommend (but even then it has a few stand out shades). The other two are fabulous though! One thing to keep in mind with these shadows is that they cost $5. They're probably not going to be rivaling MAC or Urban Decay anytime soon. But with a primer and in some cases a white base, these shadows pop. The colorful shades are the best, they're usually pretty pigmented in my experience. The matte shades can be a bit chalky, but they're workable. The warm palette gave me the most trouble, since half of the shades hardly show up, but the other two palettes are a joy to work with. There really is a good variety in these palettes, though a few of the grays end up looking the exact same when in use. With a primer they last pretty much all day. The packaging is very horrible indeed, I broke the lids on my warm and cool ones within a few weeks of purchasing them. Then again, they were only $5 dollars each. All in all, I wouldn't recommend the warm palette, but the other palettes are great! It's a great cheap way to try out a bunch of shades you never would've tried otherwise. These would also be a great stocking stuffer for any kid starting to get into makeup!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/26/2012 9:38:00 PM More reviews by metroplum

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The e.l.f. 32 piece warm eyeshadow palette is a dream come true for women who are into the natural look. Being a dark skinned woman of color, finding eyeshadow colors that are not chalky to the skin tone is difficult. However, the pigmentation of the eyeshadows in this palette is not chalky, but soft and pronounced. I can create a variety of nice boho chic looks for the day. And, at night, I can create various smoky eye looks. It is a beautiful palette that is a must try!

However, one issue I do have with the palette is the design. There needs to be more spacing between each eyeshadow dish. The spacing could reduce the amount of eyeshadow cross spillage that occurs between neighboring eyeshadow dishes.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2012 12:26:00 AM More reviews by Elizadang

I have the warm palettes. I have the older version which has more deeper pinks and plum colors, and the newer warm palette that contains more browns and tope colors. I really adore these palettes because they make traveling so easy and they contain the basic shades that anyone would ever need. Some shades are a bit more pigmented than others, but hey it was only 5 dollars. I think it was worth the money because you do get some really great eyeshadows that are very pigmented. The applicator that it comes with isn't too great, but using the elf eyeshadow brush works perfectly. All in all, I love this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2012 8:29:00 AM More reviews by Siringo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought the warm palette. I don't use it too often, as I'm a makeup rookie, but this is exactly what I needed to experiment without throwing away much cash. I would say it's much higher quality than other cheap alternatives, however the colors do come on much lighter than they appear.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/7/2012 12:35:00 PM More reviews by sassylass11

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this free with my first E.L.F purchase. Rather than impressing me I was really disappointed. At the time I was looking for a nice matt beige/neutal eyeshadow (tried sleek in the end) and used the peach eyeshadow first. It disappeared one hour after applying- this was indoors at home on a cool day it wasn't like the heat melted it or anything. I used the golds too and it was the same. Ironically this free gift almost turned me off buying any E.L.F products again, I was about to purchase 2 of the beauty encloypeadias, thank goodness i didn't. However I kept it thinking that it would stay on with a primer. I'm using ELF mineral primer and it's lasting most of the day which is good. I've tried the pink, browns, greys but yet to try the blues, the glittery ones (which doesn't really appeal to me) and rest of the palette.

I would say that the design of the palette is fairly good- it's not flashy and i didn't find it hard to open at all and it has the bonus of a mirror placed on the lid at eyelid level which is very handy. It's also quite light to lift and carry. The colours are generally placed together in colour groups ie all the greys silvers toegther.

What I have found is that the quality of the eyeshadows is fairly poor-they are chalky and powdery (I got eyeshadow in my contact lenses which has only happened 3 times in 10 years.) The chalkiness makes it look cheap too. I was using a flat brush to pat down the eyeshadow on the lid which is a good method to adopt but you have to use more eyeshadow that usual to build up the colour. Also most of the colours have a silver sheen to them which i quite like but was not expecting.

I'm glad I didn't chuck this out as there is a good range of colours but I would recommend others to check out MUA shadows which are really cheap 1 an eyeshadow and 4 for a palette and much better quality. I won't be buying their powder shadows again but like their studio cream eyeshadows.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2012 7:36:00 PM More reviews by Reservechic

I happen to have purchased this in the Everyday Basics Eye Edition. The colors in the palette weren't what I would normally called everyday wearable colors. However, the palette was still workable nonetheless.

I found that some of the eyeshadow colors were more pigmented than others. Unfortunately, there ere some that hardly gave off any color payoff at all. The case that it came in was rather cheap looking. And it felt like it would easily break. Which is why, I had to be extra careful when handling it.

Overall, this palette really didn't impress me. Which is why, I will certainly think twice before ordering any more 32 pc. eyeshadow palettes from E.L.F. again!