E.L.F. Flawless Finish Foundation

3.6

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Octyl Salicylate 2%, Titanium Dioxide 5.5% INACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Water (Aqua), Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Sorbitan Sesquiisostearate, Butylene Glycol, Talc, Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Magnesium Sulfate, Glycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Synthetic Beeswax, Potassium Sorbate, Propylene Carbonate, Boron Nitride, Barium Sulfate, Caprylyl Glycol May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

on 7/31/2015 11:22:00 PM

Let me start by saying that I have very pale skin and it's hard for me to find any foundations that match. I usually get by with "it's close enough" shades.

I have this in the lightest shade (Porcelain, I believe) and when I bought it, I had a feeling it would be too dark. But, in the weird lighting inside, it was hard to tell. It is too dark in the winter, but it's close-ish in the summer. The problem is the serious orange tone this stuff has going on. I don't know what it is about super cheap foundations, but every kind I've tried has been very orange, like bad fake tanner.

Pros:
-It has SPF (only 15, though)
-Other than the weird orange tone, it actually looks ok on my skin
-It's pretty cheap ($6 or so, I think)
-Isn't oily and doesn't dry out my skin

Cons:
-Very limited shade selection (I only saw 6)
-Orange tint
-The SMELL! It's so strong, like super cheap sunscreen and melting plastic
-It feels super heavy on my skin (but doesn't look that way), like I have on three layers of foundation and powder, even though I applied a very light layer of this
-I get itchy within a few minutes of applying this stuff (I think it's the sunscreen, but I'm not sure)

on 7/17/2015 1:28:00 PM

This foundation gives a light to medium coverage on me, depending on whether I use a brush or a beauty blender. It gives a beautiful smooth look. I would definitely recommend this if you're looking for a good product for little money.

on 7/10/2015 12:22:00 PM

This is not a great product for me.

It does not cling to dry skin, but it does not look like skin and feel rather heavy on the skin.

It provides good, medium coverage. But there are other foundations that provide good coverage that last better and look and feel better on the skin.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Too thick, and the lightest color (Porcelain) is still too dark/orange for me. The pump broke in the first couple of uses.

I actually like the smell. It almost smells like plastic, though, so I can see why everyone else doesn't.

If you want something heavy and it comes in your color you might like it. It at least stays put.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have mixed feelings on this, it is very nice for a medium coverage but it smells! I am used to high end products so when i took a wiff of this I was imediately turned off. I have oily combination skin so my skin changes but with this foundation I was oily ALLLL DAY! I kno peps the struggles!!1

I bought the light shade, porcelain. Its slightly a shade dark for me but gives me lots of coverage and is very buildable. Its very easy to apply and blends really well. Did leave me a little shiny after wearing it all day. I started putting a little bit of power to see it and that fix the problem. I love the packaging that it comes in. The only thing i would change about it is the making it a shade lighter.

on 6/4/2015 11:17:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have tried a TON of different liquid foundations since I like long-lasting, fuller coverage, and a dewy finish... all three of those things are hard to find in one product especially at a decent price. I decided I would try this foundation in buff... buff was much too dark so I tried sand... and it is PERFECT! I would say it is at least medium coverage if not more, very buildable, and gives a very dewy finish. I would say it is comparable to mac's dewy finish liquid foundation... I can't think of the exact name, just a little bit thicker. I would say that if you have oily skin, I would steer away from this product, but my skin is somewhat dry to normal so it worked perfect. it doesn't feel like it has faded at all which is what I'm wanting. I will definitely continue to buy this stuff and keep recommending it to other women who want the same three things from their foundation. it also came in beautiful packaging I would say... for ONLY $6!!

I love this foundation soooo much! I've tried a bunch of different ones just to see if maybe I liked something else better, but nothing has compared to this one yet. I find it amazing that a foundation which costs $6 works even better than ones I paid $10-$40 for!! I bought the Kat Von D Lock It Tattoo Foundation for $42 because I got a Sephora gift card, and I ended up just going back to this one. Sometimes less IS more(price wise). I just can't stress enough how much I love this . It is a bit shiny when first applied, and feels oily, but that goes away after a setting powder or spray. It has SPF 15, it's lightweight & NEVER has it looked cakey, even after putting multiple layers. It stays in place, it looks very natural and definitely flawless like it claims. I'd recommend this for people with dry or combo skin. Even tho it says oil free, I feel it would be too oily for someone who has oily skin already cuz like I said it does give a shiny effect. I have no issues with the performance of this product, however, the pump can be a little agitating because once you start to run low, you have to pump like 5 times and when the product finally comes out, sometimes way too much squirts out, I've had it squirt out onto my clothes, etc. So be careful with that. I hope this helped! XOxO😊
(forgot to mention- I find this foundation to be a medium to full coverage, definitely very build able. I apply my fav concealer then this and it gives me great coverage. I really don't understand how anyone(except if you have a difficult skin tone to match or are very oily) could ever say anything negative!! Why spend so much on foundation just cuz it has a high end name when you can spend SIX BUCKS on something that will do the SAME thing but BETTER !?)

I'm obsessed. 💋

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I must say E.L.F. impresses me every time. I love E.L.F. Flawless foundation the light shade/porcelain shade as it says on the bottle fits me, and I would say the bottle is a good size, plus it had a pump(good for mess reduction). The bottle is it comes in is looks nice. I like the rectangular shaped bottle.

Remember everyone, less is more. I suggest before using it put a bit of moisturizer on the skin then use about two pumps/drops of the foundation on a make up sponge. Then spread the the foundation evenly on skin.

The price was so right and it works beautifully. I have sensitive and a fair shade of skin and I did not have any reactions to this product at all. It gives me great coverage and it did not make me look like an orange. The foundation had a nice thick cream texture to it, kind of like toothpaste texture. Also as for the smell it smells like sweet vanilla sugar cookies to me, I liked it. Great product!

on 2/20/2015 7:39:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Ok, I love this foundation and would've given it five stars, except that the lightest shade is too dark for me. I kept on using it because the coverage and finish are beautiful(medium coverage that glided over my blemishes and a slightly dewy finish) but eventually I realized this just didn't match my ghostly pale skin. If you don't look like a ghost, this is a wonderful foundation to try.