April 16, 2014 | 1510 users online

Liquid - E.L.F. - Flawless Finish Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 4/3/2014 9:06:00 PM More reviews by diosmar82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Grey

Price: at 3 bucks, not a bad product for on the go.

Package: Glass bottle with pump, feels like quality. However I hate that the cap kept coming off in my toiletry bag.

Product: well, like I said, not bad for make up on the go. Definitely not a HG product thats for sure. E.L.F has a lot of work to do before they perfect a product as finnicky as foundation. Won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2014 4:14:00 PM More reviews by fmoosa80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

So, I first bought this in almond and found the shade too dark for my nc40 ish skin tone. But then I found a much lighter foundation just collecting dust in my drawer so I started mixing the 2 and using up the lighter foundation. I also now have a darker foundation to use when I do go away on holidays. So then I ordered the next lighter caramel foundation. As usual I use my beauty sponge to blend the foundation. I always apply it over my spf moisturizer and then hard candy or elf primer. Let me tell you this thing glides FLAWLESSLY and gives beautiful coverage. I personally go for light coverage on a daily basis and this is just right for that. I do suspect it's a hairline, tad bit darker, but it's so minimal it's totally workable. I am just wearing a little blush here. I do have some acne that I haven't bothered to cover. This is only to show you the color/skin tone caramel will work on; and the kind of coverage it gives. I have it on with an ever so light layer, but I can tell this is totally buildable and will give more coverage. This foundation is so amazing as in I feel like it glides like butter (exxagerating I know, but I do like it). The staying power as tested I'll say is atleast 10 hours. Although I had it on for about 15 hours, and towards the last 3 hours, I felt it kind of oxidized; but again for a $3 foundation 10 hours is remarkable. Plus I extremely rarely have my make up on for that long. So if you are on the fence, the only side of the fence you should be on is if the color works.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2014 8:43:00 PM More reviews by sweetagirl19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The first thing you wonder when looking at the $6 pricetag is "I wonder if this is a good foundation?" Well let me tell you that I am sooo happy with this foundation. It is good for oily skin and is good for full coverage!

I use the Sand color on my olive tone skin and it matches perfectly!!!
I was using Makeup Forever foundation for years and was so unhappy about the $40 price point, so I'm definitely content to switch to E.L.F flawless finish foundation and pay only $6!

This foundation lasts for hours!!!!!! It's surprising but give it a try and don't be shy. Lol. It really is a tremendous product :)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2014 10:02:00 AM More reviews by cblazer973

I love this foundation. I purchased a higher end foundation but didn't want to use it all right away and this is an exact shade match to the sephora foundation I have. It blends easily with my beauty blender and holds well. I only gave it 4/5 because there's a lack of colors. I picked porcelain and lucky I did because it's definitely darker than porcelain it's more of a dark ivory.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2014 2:02:00 AM More reviews by laurenoquinn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's a good inexpensive foundation you could use year round.

It won't totally cover major acne or dark circles, so if you're looking for full coverage this won't do. It's medium or light when applied with a sponge, and I use primer underneath and concealer on my circles and redness around my nose. Apply with a chisel brush/ flat top for better coverage and blending.

It seems to stay pretty well. For the price it's a keeper! I would use this one over Covergirl Clean liquid any day of the week. It's not pinky and doesn't oxidize like CG and coverage is better.

I have dry skin, so I'm not sure about this one for oily skin...

rated 1 of 5 on 12/29/2013 1:11:00 AM More reviews by lovelylucy88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i dont like this. there isnt a variety of shades to choose from and its oily. i have normal skin and it still looks oily even after i powder. i hate this smell on foundations. the smell stays for a while.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2013 10:22:00 PM More reviews by pmburk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this a while back at Target for my travel kit. I am NW15 and bought Porcelain. This is a medium to full coverage foundation with a satin finish. I didn't have any issues with weird scents or breakouts, and I found that this lasted very well through a workday for me. Blended easily, no fading or settling into pores. For an inexpensive foundation, this definitely gets the job done. My skin tends to be dry, so I didn't have any issues, but this may be a little too "dewy" for those with oilier skin types. Overall I thought this was a "just fine" foundation, although nothing truly outstanding or amazing about it. I keep all drugstore products in my travel kit, so for that, I would definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2013 1:33:00 AM More reviews by MadchenRogue

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have read the reviews, but still wanted to give this foundation a chance. I purchased 2. one in porcelain and sand. my skin complexion is fair with yellow understones (colorstay in buff, loreal true match w2-sorry i dont wear mac foundation). the texture is gel like, not quite but like garnier bb cream 1st formula (Not the oil free one). since i do have oily skin, with this foundation i skipped my oil free moisturizer...and dotted my forehead, nose, chin and cheeks (used have a pumps worth). for me this foundation acted like an overall corrector. it made my skin look seamless, i was surprised. i used my nyc loose powder to set it and my goodness, my face looked like i spent 50$ in a foundation! no cakeyness...no streaks.... wear time for me was my usual 5 hours...but with a clean tissue paper i blotted my face....it looked as if i freshly put makeup on. after reading the reviews here, i can see why people were disappointed. but as a 35 let me tell you....with time you will know your face. in my case i knew i have oily skin, i knew what i can and cannot do. if you have oily skin. you can still pull this off....you just cannot slatter on with this foundation...less is more. you have redness around ur nose, or face? this covers some, but not all..you will need to use a corrector. im extremely pleased with this foundation. highly reccomend!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/16/2013 9:42:00 AM More reviews by hellerenee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have a love/hate-relationship with this foundation. On days I want full coverage, I LOVE it. On days I don't, it's the worst foundation ever. 'Cause it is full coverage. It doesn't really look natural. Also, it has a slight perfumed smell. It does tend to settle into my dry spots (I happen to have really dry skin above my top lip because of eczema, so that doesn't look too attractive).

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2013 5:42:00 PM More reviews by angellove1705

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have known about E.L.F for years, but I have not really used much of it. I found this at Target one day and needed foundation anyway. I like the look for the bottle. It has a higher end look to it and has a nice feel in my hand. The foundation has a thicker consistency to it and I liked that it did not seem too thin. The coverage is pretty decent and gave me a dewy cover. The problem for me is the shade. Despite my having this in Porcelain it is way too dark. I would describe this as a dark ivory. So this is no where close to a Porcelain. Even in the warmer months this is a bad match for my very fair skin. If they could fix the shade on this I would bump it up on lippies.