December 20, 2014 | 944 users online

Lipstick - Wet 'n' Wild - Mega Matte 907C Mauve Outta Here

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2014 9:12:00 PM More reviews by Sunnydelite62901

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

No, not because it's not a good product but just because I have a million mauve lipsticks. I got this on sale at walgreens and its a nice matte mauve, you can warm it up or cool it down depending on the lipliner you use, on my NC 40 or BB warm natural skin tone its nice.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2014 8:01:00 PM More reviews by sunkiss3d

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I never really liked matte finish lipsticks because I have dry lips. However, I found wet n wild mega matte lipstick to have a more satin finish that's not as drying as your regular matte lipsticks. Mauve Outta Here is a cool toned medium pink with a hint of lavender, kind of like barbie pink but more subtle/wearable. It is (unexpectedly) compliment my tan skin (NC40), and I love how it looks more lavender than pink on my lips. Perfect for spring/summer, but I also think it is wearable throughout the year. Since I don't live in the US, I got mine online from beautyjoint.

Pros:
- The color payoff and staying power are really good. It lasts 4-5 hours on me without eating. I usually put 2 layers, blot the first layer, and apply another one. After I eat, it's not completely gone but looks like I'm wearing a lipstain
- Less drying compared with other matte lipsticks that I have
- Despite its matte texture, it glides smoothly on my lips
- Very affordable

Cons:
- I'm not a fan of wet n wild lipsticks' packaging. I know the lipsticks are inexpensive, but Wet n Wild could really improve the quality of the packaging

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2014 1:25:00 PM More reviews by kinkaju

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

As previous reviewers have said, this isn't really mauve. It's a cool, blue toned orchid color. The picture here looks way more warm toned and actually looks just like the shade called Wine Room. I always wear bold lipstick colors and this is one of the very few I can actually wear full strength and it doesn't feel garish, even though it's very pimented and opaque. I also love that this has no scent or taste and is very comfortable to wear -- no burning, peeling lips, no dryness. It also wears for a long time and fades evenly, so I don't end up with a ring around my lips. I am cool toned. I own many of these Megalast shades and they're all great and this one is no less so.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/21/2014 7:27:00 PM More reviews by fairbrownblue

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Well it's definitely NOT an MLBB. It's an oddly bright lavender-ish mod pink. The formula felt heavy, a little sticky and the color was just not a flattering color on my cool, fair skin. Even though it was only $2.39 I didn't want it cluttering my collection so I returned it. While I have an appreciation for WnW blushes and eye shadow, this was my first foray into lipsticks. It will take a groundswell of MUA recommendations for me to sample other WnW lipsticks.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2014 10:47:00 AM More reviews by Rubyredpumps

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This shade is the prettiest purply pink color. I wouldn't call it mauve at all, it's much closer to orchid. This is a great lipstick. The shade is gorgeous, the texture is perfectly smooth and pigmented. I chose to depot this one because I don't like the packaging. I prefer to apply lipsticks with a brush. I get so may compliments on this when I wear it. Regardless of price, this is a great lipstick. The fact that you can get it for a couple bucks is just awesome!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2014 7:21:00 PM More reviews by gemini12

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm not sure why this is called "Mauve" since on the lips it's a fairly bright raspberry pink color that is a tad bright for my fair skin. I usually wear this as more of a stain--either by blotting it down or, more often, by applying with my finger for an "I just ate a red popsicle" stain to my lips. It has great staying power and is a steal, especially since W&W products are frequently on sale at drugstores.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2014 12:02:00 AM More reviews by danceintherain55

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Aside from the pretty awful packaging choice which you can't even really complain about when you see the price, Mauve Outta Here is the MOST AMAZING $2 LIPSTICK I HAVE EVER USED. In fact, it is one of the most amazing lipsticks I have ever used, period. I use drugstore, MAC, YSL, Tarte, etc. and this gives every single one a run for their money. I would buy this for $30 and I an amazed that it is only $2. Beautiful color. Amazing texture. Amazing staying power/staining. Amazing.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2014 4:37:00 PM More reviews by Courtney16

I bought this for 2$ at CVS. It is a beautiful shade. I didn't expect it to last long. Normally when you buy cheap lipstick it lasts for 30 minutes and that's it. This one lasted for a long time. With that good of a price who could go wrong? My only complaint is that my lips feel dry. I am new to wearing lipstick so that may be why. Other than that I am satisfied with this product. (:

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2014 7:27:00 PM More reviews by JUlia18

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is very good quality for the price. I bought the last one (of this color) in the drugstore and I love it! It does transfer but even if all the glossy part is gone, it still tints your lip. So that makes it great for a long lasting color. I would buy it again and more of it too! (;

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2014 5:22:00 PM More reviews by mkinthecity

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Really pretty color and formula is smooth. It's a must-have if you are collecting the shades. Probably most universally flattering for a fun pop of color! Try it! So gorgeous - a wearable purplink shade:)