October 22, 2014 | 1062 users online

Concealers - Thin Lizzy Concealer Creme

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2014 12:46:00 AM More reviews by goglet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

My Holy Grail concealer. Very dense and a tiny bit goes a very long way. You have to be fairly quick with blending becase then it sets forevvvveeeeerrrrr. Definitely use a little moisturiser beforehand if your skin is dry or your spots to cover are flaky, but its not awfully drying or anything. Doesn't upset my sensitive skin.

I moved to a tropical climate and this is the only concealer I have found that can withstand the insane sweating, humidity, rain and swimming. In the summer I can only wear sunscreen and benetint and this concealer on my face as everything else runs everywhere. It is waterproof. Yes I want to look natural when swimming at the beach but that includes not having a massive purple spot on my chin thankyou. *hair swish*

I like it better than the vichy dermablend foundation and the Dermablend cover creme which were my previous favourites for covering a hideous breakout. Doesn't need to be powdered like the Dermablend cream and has many more colours than Vichy. Lovely large colour selection with mostly helpful, descriptive names, I mix Duchess (as in K Mid?) with Miss Von Dita (pale creamy non yellow shade) and it becomes amazingly invisible on me. It is a liquid in a tube, has no smell and doesn't sting blemishes. And I guess the beeswax keeps it smooth, not too flaky like most longwearing concealers which can be just like ... concrete.

Im sure you could cover birthmarks and tattoos with this concealer, am very pleased to find it in the local chemist (drugstore) I would reccomend using an oil makep remover or doing an oil precleanse to break down the beeswax and remove it properly, but I have never had any breakouts from this. I dont think the other Thin Lizzy products are very good or popular so hopefully people won't look past this as it is an amazing heavy duty, waterproof flaw concealer. Don't be put off by the tacky infomercials and other products lol.

WIll be buying backups.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2014 1:48:00 AM More reviews by katiecalliopegrace

I have been using this product for years, ever since it first came out. I have tried so many other concealers, all of the MAC ones, bobbi brown, benefit, the list goes on, and nothing compares to this one. I am constantly trying out new products and switching up my makeup routine and this is the only product that has stayed with me always! It is thicker than mac pro-longwear and more opaque too. I find it a little thick to use under my eyes at the moment but you can always mix a little bit with an eyecream to fix this. This is the only concealer that completely covers my blemishes, scarring and redness. I mainly use it as a concealer (after foundation, before powder) but when I am running late for work I use a little as foundation (a little goes a LONG way!) with powder on top and I am good to go. I recommend this 100 percent, my current tube is still going and with use every day has so far lasted me almost 2 years - it is FANTASTIC <3 Packaging could be improved upon - I will be squeezing my next tube into an airless pump (you can buy little ones on ebay, you can also buy empty wand application tubes from there if you prefer)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2014 11:29:00 PM More reviews by aimeegrace

This product is amazing. It has a great amount of coverage for my skin, which is average. It also covers up my red cheeks extremely well without looking cakey. I would recommend this product to others, it works perfectly with my skin which is normal, so I cannot guarantee it will work with every skin type. I did however find it a bit expensive in comparison with other products, I brought it for $32. Definitely a great product, at the moment it replaces my foundation, I will definitely be buying this product again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2014 5:10:00 AM More reviews by AshaleeeB

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Two thumbs up! It blends really nicely, and doesnt dry out my skin. The coverage is sooo good and it hides the dark circles under my eyes. Great product!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/26/2014 6:51:00 AM More reviews by Lorianne21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Really good concealer, covers pretty much anything combined with a powder. However, I've developed a bad case of acne with it's use... And I've never had acne in my life. Would recommend washing your face before you go to bed or when you get home as the sticking agent in it.. I believe it's some sort of wax.. Is VERY bonding to the skin, I made the mistake of not washing it off after a night out and now I'm stuck with acne on my chin ..

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2013 5:08:00 PM More reviews by GG93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

Great little product from kiwi land! An absolute favourite :) I've tried MAC studio fix foundation which I am a fan of too but nothing beats this. I don't need a lot and a little goes a long way even with my acne spots.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2013 5:21:00 AM More reviews by smac01

AMAZING! This is the closest thing i have found to my natural skin. I have endlessly searched for the perfect foundation and have found that you only use a tiny smidge to cover the whole face! i apply it with my real techniques brush and it turns out flawless, it looks like my skin but no redness and it isnt matte which makes the skin appear healthier.
I got mine for $25 from paylesspharmacy.co.nz because i think they are a bit darer elsewhere. I purchased 'oriental doll' i think it might have yellow undertones but works well with red cheeks to eliminate blotchiness.
Im going to be using this as my all over face foundation from now on!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2013 7:05:00 PM More reviews by Jessamy1990

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have used many different concealers including many from MAC and this is by far the best one I have found for covering spots and acne scars. It's not good for under the eyes but not many concealers are good for both. It comes in many different shades and I would think that most people would be able to find a perfect match. It's very pigmented and lasts all day. I did think the price was a little steep for the brand but a little goes a long way. Highly recommend.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/9/2013 9:17:00 PM More reviews by Rachey101

(When used as a full face foundation) This product has been the closest match (Enchanted Rose) to my skin I have ever found. Although this is a good thing, the staying power is not overly great. If you touch your face even the slightest bit the concealer will rub off almost completely. The coverage is very good but if you suffer from acne or acne scarring it will turn them a purpley colour. This product may oxidise over time or whilst it's on your face.
Do not recommend for pale/fair skin or acne sufferers.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/27/2013 4:52:00 AM More reviews by ventricle

I like this concealer a hell of a lot more than any of the other creme-based ones I'd usually use. Lovely and thick, and you can tell there's definitely bees wax in it. Good for blemishes, but, horrible for under-eye, as it creases. Also, needs to be left for about 15 minutes to dry before you put liquid on, I've found, or it just buggers off. I like that it's water-proof too, and never really breaks me out. Don't like the packaging though, I've nearly finished my first tube, there's still quite a lot left in the tube, but it's a struggle to get it out. It's a little bit pricey too, for brand, but they do advertise heaps, so I guess it has to be lol.