November 23, 2014 | 1983 users online

Palettes - E.L.F. - 100 Studio Eyeshadow Palette

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2014 8:48:00 AM More reviews by larosedechanel

This is a good palette. There are (obviously) 100 colours & there are so many but a lot of the colours look the same, just in slightly different shades. You're only going to wear so many shades of green in so many finishes, you know. Some of them have a shimmer finish! Anyway, this is a really handy palette because it has all the shadows you'll need for both daytime & nighttime looks & practically every colour you'll need: greens, blues, purples, & browns for daytime & dark browns, dark purples, charcoals, & black, if you would like. e.l.f. didn't disappoint with this.

The shadows themselves are good quality & pigmented; naturally, because I have dark skin, the shimmery colours look & show up a little better. Even the colours black people "shouldn't wear" have excellent colour payoff on my skin. If you use a slightly dampened brush, they'll look good! I've noticed other reviewers suggesting adding some type of moisture, too. Doing that, the true colour payoff is incredible. Not that I recommend doing so, but even if worn without a base or primer, you can see they're nice. I found very few of the shades chalky or weak.

My only complaint is the container. I'm not particularly rough with my cosmetics; nevertheless, the lid began cracking & splitting through the middle. I haven't dropped it & I don't throw it around, so I'm not quite sure what happened. But for the price of ~$10, you really can't beat a palette that offers matte, pearl, & shimmer shadesówith multiple colours. Whether you're new to wearing makeup or an actual makeup artist, I think everyone should own this shadow palette.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/29/2014 5:05:00 PM More reviews by MollieS

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Purchased some ELF and got this free. Its huge and not very space friendly, the plastic is flimsy, and its set in cheap film. However, I would say that about 80% of the shadows are good payoff and the other 20% are acceptable level. I would recommend for budget minded people and beginners.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2014 11:13:00 PM More reviews by KB333

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have no idea what the below comment is talking about...but I love this eyeshadow palette. I am new to applying and blending eyeshadows, and this palette has been a great starter for me. I love the variety of colors, including shimmers and mattes. As far as pigmentation goes, I've always been able to get the truest color using either the ELF Duo Eyeshadow Cream in Cream color (and also wetting my brush) or my MAC painterly pro pot (suppose to be eyeshadow but I use as a primer). I am darker skinned and yet the blues, pinks, and purples show true to color. These shadows are very easy for me to work with and blend extremely well!

The packaging is very travel friendly. I'm always bringing this palette with me, and I love that it comes with a mirror.

For a more thorough review check out my youtube channel at youtube.com/xoKEEBUUxo. You'll be able to see how the eyeshadows look on my eyes and you'll get an upclose picture of the shadows. :)

rated 1 of 5 on 11/17/2013 5:59:00 PM More reviews by jwinter00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

DO NOT BUY THIS. Seriously! Like I beg of you to not buy this. Every single color is chalky as hell, it's so shittily pigmented, the palette itself is ginormous and awkward, and it's just HORRIBLE. Like I cannot express how awful this product is. No amount of primers or bases will make this shit show up on your eyelids, it was made for 10 year olds who don't know the difference. If you're looking for cheap eyeshadows, go to wet 'n' wild, 95% of their eyeshadows are soft and buttery and heavily pigmented. They usually have some pretty bright colors too if that's what you're looking for, especially in their special edition lines.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2013 1:16:00 AM More reviews by Lilola07

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Most of the colors in this work great. This is perfect if you're the kind of person who loves experimenting with different eyeshadow and the color range is gorgeous.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2013 2:27:00 AM More reviews by SheGoesThrifty

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've had this palette for a while. I don't use it much as I am not really big on putting on eye shadow everyday. However, when I do need to, I whip this one out and it gives me good results. I got this in Manila for about $20 or PhP 800. The packaging is made of cheap plastic but I haven't dropped it yet so I wouldn't know if it's klutz-proof. There's undeniably a wide range of colors to choose from, there's 100 of them! As everyone mentioned, texture ranges from shimmery to satin to matte. I do have a few favorites that I tend to reach more often than the others, i.e. the neutral shades. I love the black matte one to put on top of my pencil/kohl eyeliner to set it. Pigmentation varies. The lighter shades seem to go on sheer, so you might need to pack it on to get the results you want. The darker ones have pretty decent color pay-off, and I personally would prefer my eyeshadow to be buildable. It's easier to pack on than to take off/blend away. I don't think it has any scent to it and even if it does, it doesn't bother me at all. I'm not sure if it is still being sold here in the Philippines, but compared to the quad palettes that ELF came up with recently, this has to be the better buy. I still have a lot to last me a long time so I probably won't be repurchasing anytime soon. Overall, this is a pretty decent product, considering it's pretty affordable. Best for beginners and for people who likes a lot of variety of colors on their makeup. This can also be recommended for people who wears eyeshadow a lot, they can make the most out of this palette.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2013 8:25:00 PM More reviews by petiterugger

As a beginner in eye shadow makeup, I find this product to be excellent. There's a broad selection of colors that allow to experiment with blending. I normally use L.A. Girl pro primer with these shades and the colors really pop. Most of the colors have glitter to them, so buyer beware. I don't mine the shimmery effect at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2013 12:12:00 AM More reviews by Skincaremaven

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have the Spring 2013 Special Edition palette in the white case (I think it may be the same as the regular 100 marble palette). I chose this because it has more peachy-pink colors than the 144 neutral/bright palette contained, and I think I have every eyeshadow color I'll ever need now. :)

You do need a primer, but it lasts really well with the primer, and the color payoff is decent. The matte sometimes need layering, but I don't mind that. All the ELF palettes have amazing color selection!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/17/2013 12:47:00 PM More reviews by greeniesyt

Shimmery colours are much better than matte ones in it.I quite like the pallette for trying out different looks.Dont be too harsh with sth this cheap,just have fun with it!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/1/2013 6:36:00 PM More reviews by kaylarenaeeee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

E.L.F was having 50% off of this product plus they had a $5 off coupon, which made this product only FIVE dollars. I had to get it! I don't use it much, but it's good to have laying around, especially for the brighter colors. I'm already thinking of trying out a pink look for Valentine's day, and a green look for St. Patty's day! Some colors are great, while others can be chalky. Some shades are shimmer, matte, satin, or silky, I love the different ranges. You get what you pay for. My suggestion is to wait until it's on sale & get it. I certainly do not use it everyday but I love knowing I have it. It's a little bulky, but decent packaging.