September 30, 2014 | 997 users online

Skincare - Face - Peter Thomas Roth - Acne Treatment Kit

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2014 8:46:00 PM More reviews by leih

LOVE THIS! I recently started getting hormonal acne. My cheeks and neck were pimple city. I went to Ulta and one of their consultants recommended this line to me. I was a little hesitant because I was planning on buying the Dermalogica kit, but she said this would be perfect for my skin. I also ended up purchasing PTR's oil free moisturizer. Let me tell you!! This worked wonders for my my skin. two days after using, I already saw results. My cheeks were definitely clearing up and my neck was about 85% better.. and that's just after two days! Three weeks after use, my acne is gone. I do get the occassional pimple here and there, but their spot treatment works wonders! I'm definitely repurchasing once this kit runs out.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2013 2:45:00 PM More reviews by Sweetheart7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

My mother has always been a PTR lover and wanted me to try this for my acne. Overall it is a great kit and I am actually pretty pleased with it. The face wash doesn't leave any type of residue on my face and my face feels clean without being overly clean. It also did not dry out my skin like other face washes have done before and I really like it. The buffing beads took me by surprise. I thought that I wouldn't get much of a scrub out of it, but was I wrong. I don't recommend this if you have super sensitive skin because it might cause some irritation since the beads are rougher than other scrubs.
For the AHA/BHA serum, the lady telling me about it raved about it. I wouldn't say that the world would end if I ran out but it is a nice serum. If I put this next to the Exfoliating Gel from Murad, I like this one a whole lot more. I can tell that it does help with some active pimples. Not a whole lot but enough to where I can tell the pimple got a bit smaller.
The spot treatment was nice, but it smelled really bad because of the amount of sulfer was really high. I got used to it but did not find it pleasant. And lastly I don't like the Matifying Gel, it maked my flakes even more apparent underneath my makeup because it would turn the flakes white. The only time I use this is when I am wearing no makeup and feel super oily on my T-zone. I'm not planning on buying a full sized tube of this.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2013 8:41:00 PM More reviews by pinktarte

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

So far so good. Every summer my skin get greasy and breaks out like crazy. This week I picked up this kit after almost calling out of work out of sheer embarrassment. I had about ten pimples on my forehead and several on my chin. ..gross.
I used the cleanser, the clear gel, and the sulfur cream. The next morning ALL had shrunk in size and my face looked visible less inflamed. I have continued to used the past three day and all but one pimple is gone. The remaining pimple has reduced in size about 95% and I can guess it will be gone in the morning.
I will definitely continue to use the acne wash and the clear gel that comes with this kit and the sulfur treatment at least once a day, maybe alternating with a mild cleanser.
I should add that I also used (not included in the kit) the PTR mild completion pads and plan to continue to use those too.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2011 2:34:00 AM More reviews by powlalala

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

By far, the best skincare product I have used! I have combination skin and had suffered from acne for about 7 years. My biggest problems are my scars and I break-out from time to time. I've tried all over the counter products, prescriptions, Proactiv, Murad products, and Dr.Brandt products from Sephora. The very first day I used this kit I immediately found that my skin felt the softest it's been in years. I never have break-outs anymore and my skin always feels smooth, balanced, clean. I was also amazed with the Acne Spot and Area Treatment because it really get's rid of pimples quickly. It's also at a really great price of $35 and you can specifically choose just how much you want to use. (Unlike some other products that have pumps and so much packaging and you can't see how much is really in the bottles) I also recommend using this product with Peter Thomas Roth Gentle Complexion Correction Pads to brighten the face and reduce the appearance of scars.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2011 6:06:00 AM More reviews by rachel890

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the best acne product/kit I have ever used. I would definitely purchase these products again, with the exception of the Mattifying Gel.

I bought the kit about 6/7 months ago, and still have some of each left, I use it all every day so a little goes a loooong way :)

The facial wash is wonderful, I alternate between this and Kiehl's cleansing milk so my skin doesn't get used to the acne wash.

The exfoliating beads, weird smell, but great product in every other way.

AHA gel is another great product. Smells likes cleaning chemicals, but it works!

The acne spot treatment is great also, I will definitely be buying a full sized bottle of this product.

The mattifying gel is ok, but it's more like a primer, so I won't be purchasing this product on its own.

If you have mild acne, this is definitely the kit to get. It fixes current blemishes and gives your skin a break so it can heal and look wonderful :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2010 5:43:00 PM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Works pretty well. Great price for PTR stuff.

CONS: Don't like the mattifying gel because it has cones which can clog pores. My teens' acne skin does just as well with Neutrogena's Rapid Clear line or Alba Botanica's Natural Acnedote line