August 1, 2014 | 1237 users online

Fragrances - LUSH - Gorilla Perfume - Imogen Rose

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2014 11:10:00 PM More reviews by rustybag

Normally I don't even like rose, but I tried the solid perfume at the store and had to go back and get it the next day. To me it smells like rosey, earthy incense. I love how many Lush products have that incense quality to them. The vetiver & bergamot really add an earthy touch, so it's not "old" smelling, and the real rose absolute keeps it from smelling artificial. I absolutely love this!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/17/2014 4:12:00 PM More reviews by lydiaie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

this is lovely...it's not your typical rose scent. it smells like what i imagine a stylish lady for the 60s would have smelt like. it smells of roses yes, but there's more to it than that. it smells powdery...as if someone was covered in baby powder and face powder, i like that. it's not girly at all, and even though i'm fairly young i like that a lot, it smells of REAL roses...as if you went into a garden and it had just rained and you pick a rose that's covered in rain and a bit of dirt...it smells of the countryside.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2014 11:21:00 PM More reviews by mmarrs

I was told that It is made from Turkish Roses. It smelled divine in the bottle such a wonderful rich Rose smell. When I sprayed it on it was fantastic however as the day wore on Yuck it got stronger and stronger on me. I was glad to finally wash it off. I would be willing to give it one more try maybe I put on too much.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/9/2013 6:57:00 PM More reviews by kes1234

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love rose scents so I really wanted to like this. To me the combination of damask roses and powder means it smells of my gran. Not like fresh roses at all. Not good and definitely not what I was hoping for.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2013 10:27:00 PM More reviews by Khiandra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

I decided to purchase this perfume in the solid form. Should have just gotten a bottle since I'm really diggin' this scent. I lean more toward Gourmand Jammy type Rose scents but, this one is really pretty....yet not all the way frou frou like most Roses tend to smell. Someone mentioned that this smells just like the Lush store right when you walk in....I concur. And you all know how good that paper Lush bag smells when you get home and pull them goodies out lol..like that! I think that's why I like it....Lush and their paper bags smell great lol. It's light, a bit powdery, feminine and naturally just not my thing per say, yet a welcome split from the norm. A great pick for spring.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/4/2013 10:03:00 AM More reviews by allegretta

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was very disappointed with this perfume. I tried some of the Lush solid perfumes a few years ago, but really didn't like them. But I thought this would be good for travelling. As I don't have a Lush shop near me I ordered them by mail order. They arrived today in a large, very strong cardboard box filled with those polystyrene worm-like things. Two tiny tubes of solid were lurking at the bottom. The miserable so-and-sos could at least have included some free samples! I was disappointed by the size of the tubes - I was expecting something the size of the Yardley solid perfumes. The perfume does not even fill the whole tube.
To start with I could notsmell rose at all, the overpowering smell seemed to be like old fashioned furniture polish, or that smell you get when you pass a Lush shop. However, later on it developed a powdery scent with a faint hint of rose. I like Stella, and the Avon Rose perfume, but this was very underwhelming. I will wear this but will not purchase again. I also bought Orange blossom which I have reviewed separately.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2012 8:19:00 AM More reviews by angerturnedsideways

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is my favourite floral perfume. LUSH claims that the perfumer was inspired by his baby daughter and that's what it smells like to me - baby powder and innocent, gentle rose. I don't smell dirt or darkness or whatever - to me this is a cute, non-sexy perfume like soft pink knitting and prancing lambs.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/26/2012 1:24:00 PM More reviews by luciaq

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

This is something I had really wanted to buy but one try at the store killed the idea. The scent is a cute rose & baby powder scent, if that's what you like. The stick format is PERFECT for traveling and carrying around. However there're too many flaws for my liking. To start with, the stick formula, when I applied it to my wrist and back of my hand, felt really greasy and I wasn't sure about this getting onto clothes. The scent smelly rosey at the beginning but after 1-2 hours no longer smelled much of rose, to my disappointment (I don't remember what the scent was like afterwards, fogive me). In addition, the packaging is not as cute as the picture shown here. Yes it is the same packaging but in real life looks much cheaper and the store sample looked messy as well as cheap. Perfume packaging should be elegant and neat, not messy and cheap!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2012 4:56:00 PM More reviews by Shwets

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Perfume Solid (10% perfume):

The solid lasts all day on me wearing close to the skin and quite strong. Its a lovely earthy rose yet very sweet and lush (excuse the pun!) with a green musky feel. The scent reminds me of the Lush scent as you walk into the shop. It has that baby powder vibe as the scent settles. Really love this one the most out of the solid range. Then my other favs are Karma and Tuca Tuca.

Hmmmm just put some on now after writing the review...

Spritzer (15% perfume):

I bought the spray version after being besotted by the scent of the solid. The spray is more complex and fresh than the solid.

A SA at Lush told me yest that the rose used for this is the same that Chanel use!?

Would love to re-purchase but sillage is low after a while (two hrs on me) and lasts longer on clothes. Worth purchasing because the quality is high and Lush do not test on animals. For these reasons i would pay the extra.

The Atomizer (20% perfume):

This is heavier than the spritzer which smells fresher, however once the atomizer's perfume dries down then its a lush honey rose but a note in this is heavier and heady. This lasts pretty much all day with close to the skin sillage.

Wish Lush would make the concentration labelling of the 10ml spritzer and 30ml Atomizer clearer - i only found out when i emailed Lush to enquire about this product.

In summary the solid is comforting for personal scent satisfaction, it is so pretty and innocent smelling.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2012 12:52:00 PM More reviews by Chamuda

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have the solid perfume of this one. I bought this along with Vanillary, Lust, and Karma solids, and I almost didn't buy Imogene Rose. As it turns out it's the one I think I like best!
I like Lush solid perfumes because they seem healthier/more natural than many mainstream fragrances (less chemicals).
Imogene Rose is the one that smells most like a real perfume, however, rather than "oils", which is why I like it.
It's also soft and subtle enough for work.
It's a powdery light tea rose to my nose.