August 23, 2014 | 1362 users online

Fragrances - BeneFit Cosmetics - So Hooked On Carmella

rated 1 of 5 on 8/8/2014 10:26:00 PM More reviews by PlanetAmour

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Oh my goodness. I bought this on sale at Benefit based on positive reviews. Two showers later I can't get it off me. I was hoping for a mature vanilla scent. The vanilla is definitely there, but the coconut is just terrible. It's super sweet and nauseating. I wore it for a few hours to make sure it wasn't just the beginning of the scent but it's only gotten worse. I can't even understand how anyone would like this. The only "good" I guess is it doesn't reek of alcohol, like another Benefit perfume I tried. But get Carmella off me! She's a stalker!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2014 2:31:00 PM More reviews by blondebunne

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Signature scent! Love! Scent lasts too! Wish they had body lotion/wash too!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2013 5:45:00 PM More reviews by Jessicaxjane

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I can't find this anymore, but it was my favorite scent ever. :(

rated 1 of 5 on 7/25/2013 9:13:00 PM More reviews by Fark222

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was hanging around the drug store before meeting a friend for coffee when I came across this scent. Instead of spraying it onto the testing strips, I spritzed some onto the inside of my wrists.

I would come to regret that for the rest of the night.

I guess there must have been a bad reaction with my skin's chemistry, because the smell was stronger than anything I had experienced before. This pungent scent (which I can't put my finger on) was all I could smell for the rest of the evening. I ended up developing a headache and had to drive with the windows down on my way home.

Not. Fun.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2013 4:31:00 AM More reviews by Missconsistency

Benefit so hooked on carmella is my 3rd signature scent. So hooked on Carmella smells like a citrus vanilla dessert sprinkles! It is so wonderfully put together. I spray this and feel like i am in a Fancy Flower garden tea party. This eau de toilette should be relabled as eau de parfume as it surprisingly has far more lasting power than Especially Escada "perfume.Benefit so hooked on carmella is what i call Ultra Fancy!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2013 9:30:00 PM More reviews by Misspoiltes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Ahhhh! The label is right, I am so hooked on Carmella! I've loved this perfume ever since I purchased the mini bottle a few years ago, (It has lasted this whole time.) I would say this scent is completely original and unlike any other fragrance out on the market. It's super sweet, but I can't describe what it smells like. It's such a unique and lovely smell, it's my signature!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2013 1:53:00 PM More reviews by thedaydreamer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This perfume is definitely not for everyone. Its really sweet and sugary and so strong that sometimes it can come off as being a little overpowering. However, if you like vanilla/caramel smelling scents then you'll really love it! It has quite good staying power and the bottle is amazing and i think i'm gonna be wearing this a lot all through summer, especially on holiday :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2013 10:54:00 PM More reviews by sarahdvy

Very sweet, this probably isnt for someone who doesnt like sweet scents. The floral elements come out after a while of wearing it, but the vanilla is definitely the most prominent. I really like this and have gotten alot of compliments, but i probably wont buy again because its a little pricey. The packaging is gorgeous, i couldnt bring myself to throw away the box it came in because its so cute!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2013 3:03:00 AM More reviews by urstandingonmytoes

I tried a tester of this at ULTA and I loved it. I didn't buy it right away, but I couldn't stop thinking about how lovely it smelled. So, I finally went back and picked it up. Yes, it's a bit too pricey for the amount, and the lasting power is about the same as with a body spray. Those are the cons.
The pros...The bottle is whimsical and adorable. It has a heavenly sweet, but not OVERLY sweet scent. I am a lover of gourmand scents, and this one is just on the threshold in my opinion. It has a fresh scent to it, that isn't based on florals. So, because of that it doesn't give me a headache or make me sneeze (Yeah!!).
I will enjoy this bottle, but sadly I won't repurchase. The lasting power just doesn't justify the price. If they called this a body spray and sold it for $15 I'd buy it by the buckets..but alas, they do not...so I shall not.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2013 6:37:00 PM More reviews by hqnnah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I adore this perfume, initially bought as a present for my mum, I wear it pretty much all the time and I can still smell it even on myself. I've had literally countless comments on it ranging from "you smell like milk chocolate" to "you smell like malibu" but everyone I know including myself love this fragrance. I suppose it is really up to personal choice but for a nice summer scent that reminds you of hot beaches and summer holidays I recommend this extremely highly.