September 2, 2014 | 941 users online

Lips - Everyday Minerals - Super Smoocher

rated 4.0(1 review)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2010 8:42:00 PM More reviews by Cristy_amk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Well, I have never liked EDM's previous attempts at Lip Balms but I think they finally got it right! I purchased Super Smoocher and have been using it for 3 days now. The color is very simliar to their Spring Berries (IMO). It goes on smooth, has a nice pearly finish (nothing over the top), and acutally lasts a decent amount of time! For those who complained that the old formula was not a true balm, this is definetly a step in the right direction. It's a bit firmer than Burt's Bees but it's definetly lighter than a regular lipstick. This shade does go on pretty dark but I have no qualms about applying it without a mirror because it glides on smooth and doesn't clump. I think the real test will be in the days to come. The old formula tended to get grainy after a week or so of use. I honestly don't think the new formula will have that problem but only time will tell. The price did DOUBLE which is a disappointment but if I can put a big order together to get the 45% discount it is not a bad price. I don't want to dwell on the packaging TOO much but it's the same twist top that has the product extending about 1/2 inch out the top. I don't think anyone cares for this design but since the product is much improved I won't complain TOO much about this but I really wish they'd redo the packaging so the entire product goes down inside the tube. I'm actually planning to place another order soon and will add another balm or two to my next order and hope they will be as nice as this one! If you didn't like the balms in the past I'd suggest giving them another go!