October 1, 2014 | 1346 users online

Fragrances - Giorgio Armani - Acqua di Gioia EDP

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2014 10:53:00 AM More reviews by thepulptoyourfiction

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

A very beautiful, deep musky scent.

Stays true to the Acqua part in its name; has this marine scent.
It's like what you'd smell if you chanced upon a mermaid combing her hair, radiating this scent.

It's not for everyone, I understand, especially those who easily are allergic to strong perfumes. Spraying on too much, you're bound to make someone have a sneezing fit in an elevator.

This is the most longlasting perfume in my collection and I would continue to buy this again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2014 2:05:00 PM More reviews by SUPAtime

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

A very conventional sweet, clean, and marine scent-- common place and undistinguished. Has some lemony notes up top, along with faceless florals in the mid section and laundry musk in the base. However, all these are overpowered by the persistent marine notes. Not a fan of this genere.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2014 3:55:00 PM More reviews by Angelseleena

Being a wearer of Pink Sugar for 6 years, I can honestly say I was surprised I liked this scent when I tried it as it is the complete opposite of what my signature scent for years smelled like. I also enjoying Armani Code. But this.... This scent is clean, fresh, elegant and unique. Definitely a head turner. This scent is super long lasting & is worth the money because you really only need 1 to 2 sprays at most. It's super sexy but not in a sultry deep sort of way like Hypnotic Poison which is a deep vanilla, but I'm a classy confident way, sexy in a way where you know the woman wearing this is comfortable in her skin. It's perfect for summer because of the freshness, but I would wear it all year round. This will be a staple classic by Armani for sure. Armani always knows how to do it. Will definitely be repurchasing!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2014 2:21:00 PM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Beautiful and fresh scent. One of my favorite perfumes for summer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2014 3:56:00 AM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Perfect scent to wear when the weather gets warmer. It has notes of mint, brown sugar, lemon, Jasmine, Peony, Pink Pepper, Cedar Wood, and Labdanum. It is definitely an aquatic scent that is not too heavy, has decent staying power, and smells wonderful. I bought the rollerball at Ulta, but will get a bottle for myself when I save up a bit more money. I love Acqua di Gio very much too so I was not surprised that I ended up really loving this as well. It makes a good daily scent for work for me since it is light enough to wear without causing allergies.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2014 3:40:00 PM More reviews by Lybarra118

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Safe. That's the best way to describe this scent. It's a perfume I only pick up when I'm tired of wearing all others, or if I'm planning to be outside all day. Safe. But very pretty and perfect for summer. It's very aquatic and floral, with just enough pink pepper to level out any bitterness.
It also has great longevity (on me), and sillage is moderate. For an aquatic perfume, that's a nice change.

HOWEVER, be careful of over-spraying. The first time I used this, I was worried the scent would dissipate quickly (no idea why), but that didn't happen. I sprayed on my chest and in the crook of my elbows, then I dabbed a bit on my wrist...I know, I know... It was too much and ended up becoming sharp, on the verge of giving me a headache, but it didn't. That's great news for anyone who's sensitive to scents and gets migraines easily, which I am.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2014 3:42:00 PM More reviews by sillage

Acqua di Gioia ("water of joy") is on the best-seller list everywhere, and I can see why -- it's about the most PC perfume on the planet, in my humble opinion. It's just about perfect for being light, clean, fresh, and inoffensive. Not heavy, not sharp, not strong. Clean, light, fresh, aquatic.

Extremely well-behaved, and any age can wear it anywhere, in any season, for any occasion. A great all-around light, inoffensive, clean, aquatic perfume.

Here are the notes, per parfumo.net:

Top Notes: Mint leaf, Water, Lemon
Heart Notes: Jasmine, Peony, Pink pepper
Base Notes: Brown sugar, Labdanum, Cedar

I bought a 1.7oz bottle when it first came out in 2010 -- and I still have half of my bottle left. When I need to be *certain* that my perfume is pleasing and inoffensive to all around me, this is what I wear. I can wear this with 100% utter confidence, and I'm able to say that about few perfumes. I probably wear it more with others' noses in mind than my own.

However, Acqua di Gioia has never been my top favorite aquatic -- that would be Ralph Lauren Blue, which I've gone through a couple bottles of and continue to love to pieces. And I also prefer D&G Light Blue and Eternity Aqua -- Acqua di Gioia would be my 4th favorite aquatic.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2014 3:49:00 PM More reviews by FyrePhoenix

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I really like this one, but there are others I LOVE, so I would not purchase this one. It simply wouldn't get much attention from me.
It is very unique. The lemon and mint temper each other beautifully, so neither note is a punch in the nose. Sillage is good, lasting power is incredible. I try to depress the pump only half-way, because this fragrance is very strong. The first time I tried it I put on about 3 sprays (it didn't occur to me that it may be strong - it's so light and unassuming on the blotter). I was disgusted a few minutes later. I went about the rest of my day with an upset stomach.
Gave it another shot months later, used only one spritz. That was much better!
The price is up there, but it isn't as high as Chanel or Mugler.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2014 3:09:00 AM More reviews by iheartmakeup12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This perfume is amazing! I'm usually not a fan of aquatic scents. I'm drawn to florals and fruity-florals but this scent is really something special. I was looking for a new perfume at sephora and the sephora lady gave me several samples of different perfumes like Poppy, Jadore, Guilty and this one. I was pleasantly surprised that this was my favourite out of the bunch. It's fresh and is very beautiful scent to wear during the day. I recieve compliments from both men and women. It's very wearable and I think any age can pull off this fragrance.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2013 12:57:00 PM More reviews by italiana800

I love this perfume. I'm not too great at describing perfume notes either, but this one is a definite must have that smells great on most people. It is a fresh smell with a little touch of sweetness mixed in. Like a previous reviewer said, this does kind of remind me of the ocean. The way I would describe this fragrance is pretty. This is quickly becoming my signature fragrance, and the scent lasts a long time too!