Philosophy When Hope Is Not Enough Omega 3-6-9 Hydrating Cleansing Balm

3.8

on 4/4/2012 5:47:00 PM

LOVE this stuff, and I'm a cleanser junkie. It's rich and gentle but emulsifies beautifully to rinse clean. Just a pity it's getting harder to find now...

I really like this cleanser. It's not great for in the shower though, unless you want to wash your face first thing before you get it wet - this stuff works best with dry hands/face and barely moistened fingertips, which I know sounds weird. But when I've used it in the shower with a wet face and hands, it feels like the balm disappears instantly without cleansing. When I use this balm over the sink before bed without wetting my face first and only lightly wetting my fingertips, it cleans excellently. It does feel weird, because I'm basically rubbing a thick jelly over my face (the texture is a bit thicker than Vaseline, though the comparison isn't too far off), but it's worth it - for the first time, my cotton ball had no residue on it after using toner on my face post-cleanse. I bought mine at TJ Maxx so check there for good deals before going to the department store!

on 3/31/2011 7:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I have only used this twice and LOVE it - I have really dry skin which can break out with eczema. This is so hydrating and doesn't leave my skin feeling tight or sore.

Yes, it does have the consistancy of vaseline, but once you add water it turns into a great creamy cleanser, my skin actually feels CLEAN, unlike some cleansers for dry skin that still leaves remnants of make up this gets everything off!

on 2/26/2011 11:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I've only been using this for about a week, but I usually know within 24 hours. My skin is VERY dry and sensitive. After I cleanse my face I don't have to use much of the lotion which is a huge deal. I don't understand why the other reviewers gave it such a negative review- it's definitely not vaseline but it IS for dry skin. If your skin isn't dry, I wouldn't recommend using it.

on 5/24/2010 2:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

I really wanted to like this when I saw it on QVC. I think it will be better for the harsh winter weather since it is so dense. It does wash off like you wouldn't expect.
I got it at Skinstore.com for $20 using a promo code.

on 5/20/2010 8:21:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

It's Vaseline. OK, not really. It's really glycerin, olive oil, sunflower oil and five or six other oils. But it feels like Vaseline. It gets in your eyes like Vaseline. But it does wash off. Eventually. This is supposed to be the Philosophy face wash for dry skin. It's the alternative to Purity. It's $25. Don't bother even trying it because you'll just be taking it back.