April 19, 2014 | 1857 users online

Lip Gloss - Too Faced - Glamour Gloss in Sex Pot

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2013 2:38:00 PM More reviews by Bubbles98

Got this in a kit that im in love with and this is basicly a your lips but better gloss, in love. Usually i just wear chap stick but ive recently started going bolder and this is just what i needed. Its not sticky at all , smells like candy and has a dope foot applicater that i like.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2013 5:20:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Too Faced Glamour Glosses are "richly pigmented and enriched with our exclusive Lip Injection Comfort Plump to provide the plumping results of Lip Injection with a sensual cooling sensation." Too Faced offers twelve shades, I have Sex Pot, which Too Faced calls a "sheer lilac". This is my first Too Faced product, I got a mini .10fl oz tube in the limited edition Beauty Editor Darlings value kit, which sold for $19. The full size Glamour Glosses retail for $19. Glamour Gloss' formula is paraben free. This lip gloss was made in Canada. Too Faced does not test on animals. Too Faced products can be bought through the brand's website, Sephora, and Ulta.
Packaging for Too Faced Glamour Gloss is very cute. My little tube seems to be exactly the same as the full size. The cylindrical tube is made of clear plastic with a reflective pink cap. The Too Faced logo and product name are written on the tube in black cursive lettering. A black curtain detail surrounds the top of the tube. A product description and company info can be found on the tube. The shade name can be found on a label on the bottom of the tube. Glamour Glosses come with a basic doe foot applicator.
I've been loving high end lip glosses lately, and most of the ones I've fallen for have been plumping glosses, so I fully expected to love Glamour Gloss. I find the formula so average though. This gloss has a decent consistency, but feels a little sticky on the lips, and it only gets stickier the long you wear it. Because of the sticky texture, Too Faced Glamour Gloss wears pretty well, I get about two to two and a half hour of wear. This lip gloss does transfer a bit onto cups and straws, but stays on well through munching and talking. The "Lip Injection Comfort Plump" is very cooling on the lips and has a slight, comfortable tingle to it. This is, however, not a good gloss to wear outside in the winter. When the wind blows it feels like my lips are burning in the most intense flames of hell. It's comfortable otherwise though, I swear! I don't notice a significant amount of plumping from this gloss, it's pretty slight. For me that's a good, I have naturally full lips and don't need plumping, but those who want a good plumper may be disappointed. Too Faced Glamour Glosses have a slight artificial sweet scent but no flavor.
Sex Pot, which Too Faced called a sheer lilac, is a little mauvey in my opinion. Its a pretty neutral color that's almost a "my lips but better" shade for me, but a little too pinky. A little bit of the lilac tone shows up in photos, but I don't think it's as apparent in person. I'm a little confused as to what level of opacity I should expect from Sex Pot. Too Faced says this gloss formula is highly pigmented, but goes on to call this shade sheer. I'm a little puzzled. Sex Pot seems to run right down the middle of pigmentation. The finish of Sex Pot is pretty glossy, but also has a milky quality to it. I feel like this gloss can accentuate lip lines a bit.
Too Faced Glamour Gloss in Sex Pot is good, it just doesn't wow me the same way other high end lip glosses have. Packaging is very cute. The consistency of this gloss is ok, a little stickier than I prefer, but it helps keep the product on. Sex Pot is a nice, mauvey lilac that's quite flattering. I think I'm gonna put this gloss on the shelf until spring, because oh man is this gloss uncomfortable when it's cold outside. If you like plumping glosses, but can't stand the way they sting, Glamour Gloss might be something you should look into, it's pretty comfortable for a plumper. I wouldn't repurchase Too Faced Glamour Gloss, I'd rather invest in a different expensive gloss. That being said, this is a solid lip gloss formula that's worth the money if you find a shade you love.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2013 11:38:00 AM More reviews by NinaSun

I LOVE this lipgloss. It's a perfect pinky/beige nude. It's pigmented enough for the nude color to pop up on its own without anything else on your lips and the "plumping" effect is a pretty cool gimmick. It's not that sticky and the shine makes your lips look so juicy! It also smells really good and the packaging is the prettiest thing. Too faced always has the prettiest packaging, and the glamour glosses look so cute with the rest of my makeup. Definitely a thumbs up!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/12/2012 10:43:00 PM More reviews by rarityfalls

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This color matches my lip color exactly. I've never found another lip color to match the natural shade of my lips as well as this! I got this in the Sephora Lip Gloss Sampler last year and really like it. Since it's the same color as my lips, it just adds a shine and slight plumping. It's not sticky but leaves a glossy feel on my lips for a few hours. The lasting power is pretty good. I didn't notice a lot of plumping, but I did feel that pleasant tingling sensation that limp plumpers give. It was nowhere near as intense as the Buxom lip plumpers, which I really like. All in all, this gave my lips a slightly darker color and a pretty shine without looking greasy or glimmery. Perfect when I want something that's not too intense and more on thr natural side.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2012 9:24:00 PM More reviews by misslu990

I received a mini version of this in a swap and I liked the color of it when I applied it to my lips. A sheer wash of color. Kind of a lilac color in a way and left a tingly feeling on my lips. I loved the smell of it the most. I would probably repurchase this later on down the road.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/6/2012 7:03:00 PM More reviews by mimiej

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I liked the color and the fact it didn't have any glitter or stickiness. I had to return it based on the taste. I don't know if mine was defective, but it was so foul, I wanted to gag. It was a chemical-type taste, maybe like cleaner. I would not repurchase this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2011 11:06:00 AM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Sex Pot is a flat, mauve-pink that applies sheer with just a hint of color. Has a minty tingle that lingers on the lips. I noticed no plumping effect from this gloss. Has ok staying power and is not too tacky.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2011 8:43:00 PM More reviews by mousygiggles

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love all of these. They last. The colors rock and they feels so good. They are my fav lip gloss ever!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2011 1:03:00 PM More reviews by rebemdee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Sex Pot is a very subtle mauvey pink, easy to wear and goes great with a darker smokey eye. It's got a bit of metallic sheen but no shimmer or glitter. It isn't super sticky or tacky. It has a bit of the stingy lip plumping action, but nowhere as obnoxious or intense as Buxom. No weird smell or taste. I wouldn't have tried this if I didn't get it in the Sephora pack, but I like it enough to buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2010 2:24:00 AM More reviews by Zaiynab

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It smells really yummy, but that's about it. The color doesn't really show up on my lips, if at all. The 4 stars are for the yummy smell lol.