Versace Versus Versace

3.5

on 7/13/2015 4:04:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I love this fragrance from Versace's younger label Versus. It's very fresh and sweet scent in the top notes (very fruity), goes through a flowery phase and ends up warm with musk and patchouli. It is definitely one for spring and summer, not so much for autumn/winter. Longevity & sillage are both normal. I started wearing this while being pregnant with my daughter, because it's so light and fresh as opposed to all my regular heavy and strong fragrances at that time. I still loved it after giving birth, and this was certainly my starter fragrance for the fresher side of the fragrance spectrum. I don't tend to reach for the strong & heavy stuff anymore. So this fragrance has pretty much changed my view on fragrances, and that is pretty special in my book :).

on 1/12/2015 2:56:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Prior to this purchase I have never owned a Versace fragrance. I know Versace is a well established designer brand, but if this fragrance is any indication of Versace style, I will remain a Versace-less lady.

Do you remember taking purple cough syrup as a child? On the one hand you avoided it, and willed your mind to hate it. Then a parent forced you to take it, and in your desperation for relief you stopped resisting. Once you down the spoon of medicine, you kind of like the taste, and alas you're symptoms are temporarily relieved. Then you get sick again next season, and while you remember thinking "it's not that bad" you still repeat the cycle until you absolutely need the medicine.

Well, this fragrance is exactly like that. I don't use it until the person who bought it for me reminds me. I avoid it. Then when I spray it on, I'm pleasantly surprised because I don't hate it. Yet, once the hours pass and it fades off I have no interest whatsoever in wearing it. It has the same cold thick texture of molasses, grape, alcohol infused cough syrup. Kind of charming for a second, but not a scent you want to call your signature. I use this so seldom that I will never run out...so I will never repurchase.

on 2/28/2014 10:24:00 PM

I bought this unsniffed for $19.99. It's certainly not going to offend anyone, but it offends me that this fragrance is a Versace. I am certain that I have smelled this before under a different label. It may as well be a celebrity scent, many of them are at least more unique than this and I would rather wear one of those in my perfume collection than this. It's going back. Two lippies just because it's not horrid.

on 12/5/2013 8:12:00 AM

This is a generic fruity floral. At least it is on me. I have smelled so many similar scents. This is nothing original. I wonder if those who praised this would still praise it if it were made by a low-end fragrance company. Nothing special about this one. Even the bottle is generic. And it lasts about 20 minutes on my skin.

on 11/2/2013 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

pretty, girly fragrance by the house of Versace! my brother bought this for me at Christmas. beautiful packaging, floral but not sickly fragrance that lasts ok. summery I think!

on 8/2/2013 2:56:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I have this in a small 0.17 oz bottle- will definitely have to purchase a full-size when I run out. I'm not too finicky about my fragrances, I love fruity, fizzy, effervescent scents with a little depth, not just fruit. This just smells sexy to me, youthful, energetic, inoffensive. For a frag from a high-end line, very affordable online. Cute bottle. Strong at first application, but about an hour later sits on the skin very nicely. A little goes a long way for me. I prefer a fragrance that doesn't radiate from 10 ft away, but rather, one can smell when they're close to me. At the end of the day, i can still smell little whiffs of it. I have never smelled any of the old school Versace scents, but I really love all the ones from the 2000s to now!

Adding- my guy always says I have a hypersensitive sense of smell, I'm always either complaining about or complimenting something I smell lol. I do enjoy scents, I sniff anything i can get my hands on, but, maybe this is why I do not enjoy very heavy, gourmand, musky or dirty fragrances.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

beautiful fruity fragrance unlike others- it's not berry sweet or citrus- It's super JUICY and delicious!!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

LOVE LOVE LOVE!

on 6/19/2013 8:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

First of all the bottle cap: taking it off and putting it back on, somehow my hands got soaked in perfume! BAD. Second: when you spray the perfume it's a little strong, but give it 5mins LOL and the scent will disappear completely!! You can barely smell it, best magic trick ever :-p glad I only paid $20 at Marshalls on clearance.

on 5/22/2013 5:49:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I got mini set of Versace perfumes and wasent impressed by any of them?, they are just generic and plain boring to me