August 29, 2014 | 1557 users online

Top/Base Coats - Jessica - Brilliance flash dry top coat

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2014 11:08:00 AM More reviews by nata779

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff is truly AMAZING. I never expected my polish to last without chipping for 7+ day. Well, right now it's just slowly wears of off the nails edges but it still looks quite presentable. I reapplied 1 more coat and it looks like it can easily last another week. For me being a manicure junkie for over 20 years this is a HOLY GRAIL. Unbelievable.
EDIT: I decided to give it a try with great colors/terrible quality Chanle polishes (yes, unfortunately all Chanel polishes tend to chip on the 2nd day) and it works like a charm. Mind that I used Reward base so maybe this combo do the trick but usually nothing works for chipping Chanel. This brand does. My SV, Duri and other bottles are forgotten, I swear. Great job done Jessica!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2012 4:25:00 PM More reviews by katyren

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Love this top coat, I've been looking for ages for a fast drying top coat that doesn't chip off in large nail sized sheets and separate from my nails. The consistency of this is quite thin so when you apply it (especially if you used to seche vite) it seems like its not covering anything and wont work- but it does. Drying time is good, not as good as seche vite but about the same as others, also as its thin it doesn't easily dent. I've used this once so far and my mani lasted for 3 days without any major chips, i took it off then anyway coz i get bored quickly but i think it could have lasted much longer, and that was with 2 hair washes (3 days seems short but other fast dry top coats last me a day before they peel off).

The only small downside is the price as in the UK Jessica products are quite expensive (compared with the US) but if you look around you can usually find a bargain.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2012 9:43:00 PM More reviews by eksert

I totally agree with the other reviewers. This is an excellent top coat. I do get shrinkage with some nail polishes but preventable if you wrap your nails. I don't understand why more people are not using this and reviewing. Maybe because it's not sold in stores (at least for me here on the east coast). I discovered it when I bought 5 pack nail polish from Marshalls a while back. There were 4 polishes and 1 brilliance top coat. As soon as I tried it my bed print days were a thing in the past and I went back got 5 more packs. I've never used Seche and probably never will since it's not 3free and sounds like from others reviews smells pretty bad. It dries my polish very quickly and I can go to bed in 20 minutes after doing my nails and wakeup with no bed sheet prints.
Jessica polishes are perfect as well. I still see single packs of brilliance or Jessica polishes in Marshalls or TJMaxx once in a while for a very reasonable price. If you see it I highly recommend it, grab one and give it a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2012 1:17:00 AM More reviews by staceybrennan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This nail polish is awesome. I can't rave enough about the whole Jessica range. I've actually given away my OPI, Chanel and Essie polishes since I found Jessica. Nothing compares!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2011 9:46:00 PM More reviews by Marifer71

I agree with the previous reviewer. I have SV, Poshe, the Sally Hansen in the red bottle and while all those are excellent top coats, I always prefer the Jessica Brilliance. It does everything that I want a fast dry top coat to do:
1) dries super fast,
2) doesn't shrink my polish,
3) doesn't yellow,
4) can be used to refresh manicures and
5) I get a lot less chipping than with any other top coat.
It is a little inconvenient that I have to order it online, but I like it so much that it's not a sufficient deterrent.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2010 1:57:00 PM More reviews by felgoj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

How could there be no reviews for my HG fast dry topcoat?

I've tried many topcoat brands (incl'g Seche Vite) & Jessica Brilliance is by far the best IMO. I've been using it for the past several yrs. Here are all of Brillliance's wonderful qualifications:

- dries many layers of nail polish thoroughly & quickly
- no overnight sheet marks
- no nicks, dents or scratches
- durable high gloss shine
- doesn't yellow or dull nail polish color
- doesn't alter nail polish's true color (I'm looking at YOU Seche Vite!)
- doesn't crack
- doesn't bubble
- doesn't chip or peel nail polish
- doesn't smell worse than any typical nail polish
- thin consistency for those who dislike thick manicures (not me)
- good for refreshing an old mani
- doesn't cause tip shrinkage! (unlike Seche Vite)
- bottle lasts a very long time (standard 1/2 oz)

Here are Brilliance's 3 negatives:
- available online only (JessicaCosmetics.com)
- costs more than any other topcoat I've ever used ($11.50 online + S&H charges).
- even on eBay it's rare to find or expensively priced.

Does that stop me from shelling out the cash for this perfect manicure gem? No. I'd even pay $20 for it if I had to (though I'd rather not!). As it stands I've purchased Brilliance 3 times & it cost me roughly $10-$15 each time. I wish this was available in stores.

I love the super-fast-dry of Sally Hansen Insta-Dri, but it cracks easily & yellows my polish color. Not good.
I love the self-leveling thickness of Seche Vite, but it shrinks polish! Not good at all.
No other top coat I've tried has been as shiny & durable as Brilliance.

It's the best product I've ever seen. Totally HG!