November 26, 2014 | 1977 users online

Powder - Cle de Peau - Powder Foundation SPF 21

rated 3 of 5 on 2/25/2013 8:03:00 AM More reviews by mzdynamite

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I believe a lot of women are clouded by the popularity & hype of this brand. I was one of those women...

The foundation was $90....with tax.....without a compact. In the excitement of purchasing it, the price tag didn't hurt so much. Yet after I received it in the mail, I started thinking I was crazy. I am Asian, yellow-toned, and O20 was a good match for me (after hours of deliberation before I bought this).

What I hated was that you definitely need a sponge to apply this (which I never do because I dont like the cakey look, and my skin is too oily to pull it off). I normally use a kabuki brush to apply pressed powder foundation, and the CDP foundation was so light & airy, that with one stroke of the brush, there was foundation EVERYWHERE. To some people I guess that's a good thing.

As for the staying power, I admit it stayed well through my 8 hour workday & workout, didn't oxidize, nor break me out. Did I get shiny? Yes, but not more or less than usual.

In the end I had to return it because this works just as well as my COVERFX pressed powder, and COVERFX is good for my skin (supposedly) so why pay $60 more?

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2013 11:15:00 AM More reviews by MzzRach

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a GORGEOUS product. A little goes a long way, so even though it is very pricey, it is long lasting. The finish is beautiful, not overly dry but not shiny either. This is my new go-to powder. I love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2012 4:57:00 PM More reviews by hina1983

I bought this about a month ago as an impulse purchase, and it has become my absolute FAVORITE foundation. I have always preferred powder foundations, as my skin gets a bit oily and any liquid I have tried makes my skin feel oily - and I find it a bit messier/takes longer to apply.

The Cle de Peau Powder Foundation is the perfect marriage between powder and liquid foundation. It's a powder, however, it seems to have a hint of cream or something in it which makes my skin look absolutely flawless and sets in really easily. I use this with the sponge that goes with it, and it applies really easily over moisturizer. Any other powder foundation I have tried I need to use it with a brush to be able to really blend it in, but not this.

If you have very oily skin, I recommend this maybe only in the winter months. But with combination skin on the oilier side - this will probably be great all year round.

The ONLY reason I gave this 4 vs. 5 lippies is because of the price. It is overly expensive. The powder itself is $90, and you have to buy the case - around $30 - seperatly (just a one time purchase). Still that is very expensive.

I will re-purchase however, because this powder seems to last me so much longer than my GA and Dolce powder foundations - so I guess in the end the price evens out. Still I don't think they should be charging you seperate for the case - it should come with the powder!

If you want a powder foundation that looks as flawless as liquid with buildable coverage, this is for you!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2012 1:55:00 PM More reviews by obrien

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have oily skin and large pores. I love this powder foundation. I apply it dry with foundation brush. It keeps my face shine free. I top it with the loose face powder from Cle De Peau. I have light skin with a more orange tone than pink and I purchased the shade I10.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2012 1:20:00 PM More reviews by cindy007

Oh brother, did I just spend $97.50 for just the refill of this stuff? It really is a commentary on how desperate I am to be pretty. Good thing I didn't go out and buy the refillable case too, 'cause I ain't refilling. Hmmmm. Well, at first when I got this stuff I thought it made my face look like a China doll. However, as the days went on, I started to notice that my face looked more wrinkled (fine lines) and my pores bigger, though cover wise my face was very even.

I thought maybe this was in my mind.

Then one day I was out with my friend (a girl) and she told me that my face looked totally cakey. That was it for me. This makeup has never left the drawer since. I switched to Cover Girl Ageless at $15.00 a jar and have been a lot happier. At $97.00 for just the refill, I'm pretty glad it didn't work out.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/8/2012 2:06:00 AM More reviews by rachaelrapunzel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Disappointing for the high price. My skin is normal/dry and i used Chanel Vitalumiere before this. CDP offers more coverage and lasts longer than Chanel, but CDP's finish is too cakey and on days when my skin is drier, the powder settles into my pores and dry patches, making them more obvious. After using CDP, i've also had friends asking why my makeup is more cakey or not well blended. I never had that when I was wearing Chanel. Perhaps it may suit oilier skin types but it sure doesnt suit me & I'm not repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2011 3:13:00 AM More reviews by Hedd

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Finally! The perfect color match for me in O30. The powder is finely milled, very smooth when applied and not cakey. It has medium coverage which I covet. After 4-5 hours, it becomes blotchy, changes to sheer coverage and my normal shine comes through. I am extremely oily so I;m use to it. Its just that when I reapply during the day it cakes up. I am going to try it one more time with primer. I have been applying it over Evian spray. Update soon to follow.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/29/2011 9:50:00 PM More reviews by etoilenfant

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I found this product disappointing. The product does not control oil: within an hour of application, oil is visible. It does not minimize pores. It might be my imagination, but it seems to make them more visible. The product does not last; four hours after application, you need to reapply. It didn’t feel finely milled. Finally, it didn’t really infuse with the skin; it seems to just sit on the surface. My rating is based on comparison with other high-end powder products. Note - I just purchased a refill and have no comment on the packaging quality.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2011 11:39:00 PM More reviews by cytaormina

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have never ever used a powder foundation. I have rarely ever seen powder foundation on someone that looks natural, especially on someone over thirty five years old. On a whim, I stopped off at Neimans to pick up some of the Cle De Peau concealer that has received rave reviews both here and in many magazines. After the SA put some concealer on me, she asked if she could put some powder foundation on me to even my tone/coloring out. I agreed since I was going home afterward it wouldn't matter how the foundation help up. I did of note tell her that I do not like heavy coverage. I like light to moderate coverage. She applied the powder with a blush brush. I was immediatly taken aback to see if did not look chalky or obvious. It did not look like the gals at the MAC counter whose foundation looks like they used a trowel to put it on and you can count every pore. The color was even, smooth and provided great coverage. I have always chosen light to moderate coverage to avoid that "spackled look." Of course the real test is how it holds up over the six or so hours especially when you have an oily t zone. At the end of the evening after a good six hours the results were the best I have ever had from any type of foundation. I imagine that with a little primer it will even be more stellar! The only difficulty for me was picking the right shade. There was B10 & B30 (I think those were the colors) and I went with the B30 so that I would avoid having to put on bronzer. Less product on the face is better especially in terms of powder products as you get older. Would I buy this again? ABSOLUTELY! Another thing the SAl told me was that the puff which by the way is an additional $10.00 delivers the heaviest coverage. The total for both the compact and the powder not including the sponge was just a little over $130.00, an absolute definite splurge but since I I don't wear foundation daily it should last me at least a year to year and a half! She also put on a lip gloss containing macadamia oil in it. It felt wonderful, wasn't sticky and the color was GAWGEOUS! However it was $50.00! For that price i want Hugh Jackman to personally come over an put in on me.
If I ever win the lottey, Cle De Peau products will all be mine.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2011 5:02:00 PM More reviews by ntorki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

yes, like everyone else says, this product IS SO EXPENSIVE!!! I nearly fainted when the lady told me I had to pay for the case separately. But also like everyone else says....its worth it. I have some of CDP other products and I love them. Goes on smooth, looks natural, and my main thing is that I like to look like I'm naturally perfect and don't need makeup, even though I'm wearing it to hide my imperfections. I don't feel like face makeup should be like eyeshadow where it SHOWS what you're wearing. And thats exactly what CDP does. As long as you buy the right shade. I have extremely extremely oily skin and I feel like it doesn't clog my pores or make my skin like an oil slick by noon. The only thing that I HAVE noticed is that even when i wash my face at the end of the night with my cleanser (that has always taken off all my face makeup and eye makeup) without any problems...when I wipe my face on the towel...i see makeup leftover! So now I just make sure to wash it twice if I know I've worn makeup that day. Otherwise...no complaints!