October 25, 2014 | 864 users online

Treatments (Face) - Paula's Choice - RESIST Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2014 1:40:00 PM More reviews by laurentothemax

I wanted to like this so much but I had a very bad reaction to it. There is somethjng in the product that I am allergic to because I broke out into small bumps every time I used it. Even though it is supposed to be moisturizing, I found that ultimately it was making my skin very flakey. My cantankerous skin aside, I'm giving this product low lippies, because the texture is bizarre. No matter how little I used, my skin felt like velveeta. Sticky, thick, wet. I really wanted to like this based on price point, ingredients and packaging quality but alas, it ended up in the trash.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/7/2014 6:57:00 PM More reviews by anabelleleighs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this product for the past two months and purchased this because of all its super ingredients. On the positive side, it doesn't irritate my sensitive skin, and my skin feels softer after using it. However, I haven't seen any positive results- no reduction in wrinkles and no improvement of skin tone. With the purported benefits of these ingredients individually, I really expected to see some sort of improvement after this period of time. I also don't care for the viscosity of the product. It's thick in texture and doesn't apply easily.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2014 1:44:00 AM More reviews by SkullGlitter

I've been using this product for 5 months and have had no issues with the product, just nice skin. Despite a setback with the BHA treatment, this has been the shining star in my routine. I love the feel on my skin and the minor moisture the product gives. I mixed it with a tiny amount of light moisturizer during the super-humid summer and that was all I needed before sunscreen.

The packaging is perfect for dispensing the small amount of product you need without over-dispensing.
The amount of product needed is a drop or two for the whole face and neck.
The feel is smooth and not sticky, but emollient and a little thick. Doesn't feel heavy or too light, a light-medium feel on the skin.
The application is incredibly easy and it spreads well before absorbing.
The absorption is great, sinking in within 10 minutes max on my dry cheeks and oily T-zone.
The price is very good for a pre-premium serum, especially with the sales and deals available on the shop website.
The smell isn't even an issue to discuss.

I will repurchase continually. Best serum I've tried yet, and well recommended. Phyrra was right about how great this is.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/17/2014 1:44:00 AM More reviews by frippery

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

sort of mixed on this one. i didn't notice it doing much, other than the fact that my skin felt a little more moisturized the morning after using this at night (i used this nightly for the first few weeks, then sporadically after that, 1-3x a week--it's too shiny looking to use during day). it also seemed to calm redness and irritation, though i just might be imagining that part. so... i liked it, but not really enough to repurchase. this has so many "beneficial" ingredients, that i wonder if there is enough of any one to make any sort of a noticeable difference.

the simple "needle nose" tube packaging is perfect for dispensing the gel serum formula. there was no wasted product, so this lasted me a long time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2014 2:42:00 PM More reviews by Eire1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I HAD THE SAMPLE.
Besides the ingredients this antioxidant cocktail feels identical to the 'skin recovery treatment serum' except the star ingredient featured here is vitamin c.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/16/2014 7:42:00 PM More reviews by maiitaii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This stuff is just plain awful. As soon as I applied it my face turned lobster red. I freaked out and washed it off immediately and the redness quickly disappeared. For the short amount of time that it was on my face it felt heavy, thick, and greasy. Threw it in the trash without thinking twice.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/25/2014 10:20:00 AM More reviews by missiwi1970

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I use it everday for a year now.
It doesn't help for wrinkles.I noticed in that period that my skin on the upper eyelid is sagging .That's ok,i'm 40 and i don't believe any cream or serum will avoid or reverse that,but i wear it under my eyecream and facecream.It feels comfortable and soft.So for me it's pleasant because it doesn't irritate my sensitive skin,but that's about it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2014 1:46:00 AM More reviews by dreamspice

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really love using this serum as a base for Paula's Choice's C15. I squeeze a pea sized amount of the serum and then drop 4 drops of C15 in, mix it together and apply generously on my face & neck. Since I've started using Paula's Choice products, I've noticed an improvement in my skin's texture and tone. I love that her products are reasonably priced and contain well-researched ingredients and no irritating ingredients (like fragrances). i will say, though, that this might feel a bit oily on normal to oily skin. I don't mind it because my skin gets hyper dry, especially in winter, but when I first put it on, it does feel almost greasy.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2014 2:38:00 PM More reviews by eyegu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Ya, it's a very good product in a very good price range (looking at its ingredients).
I definitely don't agree with all the ingredients in all her products, so I had to be super careful and look at all the ingredients, (my skin doesn't agree with alcohol, and i don't want to use parabens).
This is one of her few products that fits the bill. Though with all its great ingredients, i wonder if the silicones are, like plastic wrap, keeping them from affecting my skin to great lengths? this isn't a scientific assessment, just wondering out loud, for this serum doesn't make my skin amazing or bright or really anything. i just add it to my oils that i moisturize with at night and it makes them easier to apply. it's also too thick as a serum so i apply it after a hyaluronic acid serum with salicylic acid to keep acne away. i dunno. it was worth the cost so I'd repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2014 12:27:00 AM More reviews by kieramai

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm torn between giving this a 4 and a 5, but there's really no reason for me not to give it a 5 other than that it's not a particularly exciting product. It definitely won't instantly change your skin. But it's good at what it does.

I've been using Nivea cream in the winter as a night time moisturizer. It's super moisturizing, simple, and heavy. That's fine in the winter, but it's warming up and I don't need such an intense moisturizer anymore. It isn't absorbing as well and my skin is greasy, which shouldn't be a huge problem since I use it at night, but it's annoying none the less. Especially when my hair sticks to my face. So not wanting to use a heavy product, but also not wanting to spend money looking for something new, I fished this out of my stash. I tried it previously but didn't like on my winter-dry skin alone, and I like to keep my skin care routine really simple. I've been using it as my sole night moisturizer lately, and I really like it! The texture is heavy and silicone-full, and it feels like slippery goo on your face at first, but after you rub it in it actually dries matte, at least for me, and leaves your skin silky smooth. It's not super hydrating at all, but it seems to be enough for me. The one major advantage this has is that it really does leave my skin looking radiant. Normally after I wash my face at night my skin gets some redness, I don't know why, but that's always been the case. When I use this, that's not the case. My skin looks just as good as it does in the morning, if not better. I've only been using it at night so far, but I might try it in the morning under my moisturizer because of the matte but glowy effect it has on my skin. I haven't been using it long enough to see any major benefits on my skin, and I'm too young for wrinkles, but perhaps it'll help with some of the sun discoloration I have? I have freckles which I don't mind, but also a few sunspots which I hate! I'll update this review after I use up my tube, and right now I'm saying I'll probably repurchase.