August 22, 2014 | 1650 users online

Treatments (Face) - Paula's Choice - RESIST Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2014 2:42:00 PM More reviews by Eire1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I HAD THE SAMPLE.
Besides the ingredients this antioxidant cocktail feels identical to the 'skin recovery treatment serum' except the star ingredient featured here is vitamin c.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/16/2014 7:42:00 PM More reviews by maiitaii

This stuff is just plain awful. As soon as I applied it my face turned lobster red. I freaked out and washed it off immediately and the redness quickly disappeared. For the short amount of time that it was on my face it felt heavy, thick, and greasy. Threw it in the trash without thinking twice.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/25/2014 10:20:00 AM More reviews by missiwi1970

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I use it everday for a year now.
It doesn't help for wrinkles.I noticed in that period that my skin on the upper eyelid is sagging .That's ok,i'm 40 and i don't believe any cream or serum will avoid or reverse that,but i wear it under my eyecream and facecream.It feels comfortable and soft.So for me it's pleasant because it doesn't irritate my sensitive skin,but that's about it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2014 1:46:00 AM More reviews by dreamspice

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

So this was the first Retinol product I've bought that I've actually used up. I always have problems with irritation or fragrance. But this one had no fragrance, was so moisturizing my dry skin sometimes didn't even not moisturizer and definitely improved the look of my skin. I may not buy it again because I want to try a few other retinol products in the Paula's Choice line before deciding on a favorite but I'd definitely come back to it. i will say, though, that it might feel a bit oily on oily skin. I don't mind it because my skin gets hyper dry, especially in winter, but when I first put it on, it does feel almost greasy.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2014 2:38:00 PM More reviews by eyegu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Ya, it's a very good product in a very good price range (looking at its ingredients).
I definitely don't agree with all the ingredients in all her products, so I had to be super careful and look at all the ingredients, (my skin doesn't agree with alcohol, and i don't want to use parabens).
This is one of her few products that fits the bill. Though with all its great ingredients, i wonder if the silicones are, like plastic wrap, keeping them from affecting my skin to great lengths? this isn't a scientific assessment, just wondering out loud, for this serum doesn't make my skin amazing or bright or really anything. i just add it to my oils that i moisturize with at night and it makes them easier to apply. it's also too thick as a serum so i apply it after a hyaluronic acid serum with salicylic acid to keep acne away. i dunno. it was worth the cost so I'd repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2014 12:27:00 AM More reviews by kieramai

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm torn between giving this a 4 and a 5, but there's really no reason for me not to give it a 5 other than that it's not a particularly exciting product. It definitely won't instantly change your skin. But it's good at what it does.

I've been using Nivea cream in the winter as a night time moisturizer. It's super moisturizing, simple, and heavy. That's fine in the winter, but it's warming up and I don't need such an intense moisturizer anymore. It isn't absorbing as well and my skin is greasy, which shouldn't be a huge problem since I use it at night, but it's annoying none the less. Especially when my hair sticks to my face. So not wanting to use a heavy product, but also not wanting to spend money looking for something new, I fished this out of my stash. I tried it previously but didn't like on my winter-dry skin alone, and I like to keep my skin care routine really simple. I've been using it as my sole night moisturizer lately, and I really like it! The texture is heavy and silicone-full, and it feels like slippery goo on your face at first, but after you rub it in it actually dries matte, at least for me, and leaves your skin silky smooth. It's not super hydrating at all, but it seems to be enough for me. The one major advantage this has is that it really does leave my skin looking radiant. Normally after I wash my face at night my skin gets some redness, I don't know why, but that's always been the case. When I use this, that's not the case. My skin looks just as good as it does in the morning, if not better. I've only been using it at night so far, but I might try it in the morning under my moisturizer because of the matte but glowy effect it has on my skin. I haven't been using it long enough to see any major benefits on my skin, and I'm too young for wrinkles, but perhaps it'll help with some of the sun discoloration I have? I have freckles which I don't mind, but also a few sunspots which I hate! I'll update this review after I use up my tube, and right now I'm saying I'll probably repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2014 4:01:00 PM More reviews by wjp

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this product for at least 2 years now, and it's by far my favorite skin care product ever. I'm turning 50 in a few years and my skin looks better overall than it ever did in the past. I love the silky texture and how it soaks right in and leaves my skin soft and smooth without being greasy. My skin is sensitive and this serum causes no issues for me. My skin is clear, smooth and bright with very few lines for my age, and I find that I no longer need to wear any foundation or concealer.

Bottom line - if I accidently run out of this product I panic.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2014 10:22:00 AM More reviews by ginnymat2

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I had been using the ultra light version of this in the summer so thought the regular version would be ok in the winter. I find it to be so thick and was leaving my face feel heavy. I've played around with it a bit and if I put a few drops on my fingers and fub them together, then pat it on my face it is lighter. I am ordering a few samples of other serums and would not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2014 2:59:00 AM More reviews by Gia_milano

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

The ingredients in this are amazing. It does however make me break out. I even tried using it at an eye serum only to break out around the eye area as well. If you are not prone to break outs do your skin a favour and please give this one a try!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/15/2014 5:49:00 AM More reviews by Burma76

Great ingredients but for me a horrid texture. Way too heavy on the silicone for me. There is no way I could have worn this serum during the day. Even when I wore it at night with only a few drops mixed with a moisturiser my skin was hideously greasy in the morning. I much prefer the ultra light version.