July 29, 2014 | 1783 users online

Skincare - Body - The Body Shop - Sweet Lemon body butter

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2014 4:58:00 PM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love the (non-pledgy) lemon-y scent of the sweet lemon body butter. This is a mid-weight butter - not super heavy - but certainly not light. Good for legs & arms.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2013 12:14:00 PM More reviews by Brunneria

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Different people certainly seem to experience smell differently!

I love this stuff. It smells of real, fresh lemons, and the smell stays true. Nothing sickly or cloying on my skin.

It moisturises my heels better than pure Shea butter (weird eh?) and seems to keep my feet and legs glossy for 24 hrs. It is too rich for my hands.

I've only given it 4 stars because it is ridiculously overpriced, like most body shop products.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/11/2013 11:07:00 PM More reviews by chickengifts

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Ughh, i hated this product. The smell was okay to me, although a little plastic-lemony. But this was a pain to rub in man! I was rubbing one leg for 10 minutes until the thick paste finally spread a little. Its just too thick and also doesn't sick into the skin very well. However, my skin felt soft, so i give one point, but this is just not very quick and too thick for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2013 5:54:00 AM More reviews by TaniaThomas

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this body butter. I have really dry skin and I have been looking for a hydrating body moisturizer that's neither too dry nor too oily. The ones that you get in the outlets for dry skin are either too oily or the moisturizing doesn't last long.
One of the reasons I love this product is that it smells amazing. I know a lot of people here say that it doesn't smell a lot like lemon but for me its perfect the way it smells. Its not too strong its not too soft (that you cant smell it at all). It has a pleasant smell when applied and it actually dries down pretty quickly and the moisturizer stays on my skin even till i wash it off the next day. I have tried on a few other fragrance from this range at the outlet and found this one to be the best among all the body butter from Bodyshop, others being too oily or smells horrible (fact!). I know most say its good for summer because it smells fresh but I like it in any condition. I mean who wouldnt want to smell and feel fresh any given time ??
The only negative I would say about this product is that the fragrance doesn't last too long. I mean I know, I don't need to smell like a lime/lemon through out the day but since it smells so fresh would love to have it on for a little longer. I am on my second box(bottle) and would definitely repurchase it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2013 2:30:00 AM More reviews by thirdsword

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got a mini tub of this product as part of a gift set--were it not for that, I would have never given it a chance! I once bought a lemon-scented body butter from Winners (I don't remember the brand name), and when the Body Shop released their Sweet Lemon line, I imagined their body butter to smell much like the one I had gotten before: soft and sweet. Not the case: the Body Shop's version is strong with a sort of "grassy" note to it (I'm not sure how to explain it exactly...but it smells more like an actual lemon whereas the body butter from Winners smelled more like a lemon-flavoured dessert). I put it down and vowed never to go back to it.

Then someone gave a Sweet Lemon gift set to my mom. She's very no-frills about her bath and body products, though, so she handed the set to me, and I decided to give the products a whirl. After smelling the body butter a few times, it happened to grow on me. I never thought that it smelled like cleaning products, and the reason it doesn't smell like Mr. Clean (at least to me) is the "grassy" note which I've come to appreciate. The texture is quite light, making it suitable for the summer, and the smell, while initially pungent, dies down quickly to nothing (which is why I removed a star). However, I see this product as a keeper, and once I run out, I'm sure to buy it in the full size!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2012 5:01:00 PM More reviews by Sambalina82

Smells good, like fresh lemons. Does take a while to rub in and even then it does seem to sit on the skin so I have to blot it a little with a towel. Good for overnight moisture, wouldn't apply it in the daytime personally

rated 1 of 5 on 9/2/2012 2:38:00 AM More reviews by vivluxurie

I'll give you all a slightly medical story: One day I was in the car and took an old mascara that vibrates (cannot remember which one, I think Lancome) and i put it on but there was a strange smell coming from the mascara. Eventually I wanted to vomit because it was so awful and I started crying because I was sad and also because I wanted the mascara to come off while i was an hour from home. Now, my little sister bought this and immediately applied it; I could not even stand next to her. She did it again today which is what made me review this. It smells like the mascara, but much much stronger. Maybe I am allergic to this smell or something? Although the only thing it does to me is make me unable to open my nose for several days... I am outright asking for help. As for the texture itself, I found it to be very greasy and light but it rubbed in very nicely no matter how much you put.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2012 6:32:00 AM More reviews by wnsyzwns

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

the texture is nice and easier to blend than other body butter.i just dont understand the smell.people from the west might probably buy tbs body butter in coconut or mango scent.but those scents are too common for asian like me.so i got one in this specific scent that make me confuse.i definitely cant describe the scent as im not use to lemon scent.the product provides me worthy daily moistness,but there's no long run effect at all.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2012 3:26:00 PM More reviews by Saga17

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Wow..the scent is just wow. I loved this product so much! It's creamy and buttery and the scent just lingers on forever, which I love. I use this after a nice bath and go to bed and in the morning I still smell like lemon :) Plus I wake up with super soft skin :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2011 5:25:00 AM More reviews by dudette25297

I love the smell of this product. Its not acidy or citrusy like you would expect. But it does have a mild smell of sweet,creamy, lemon.

This product feels really good on my skin. My skin is a little dry and it absorbes and moisturises really well. Its really lightweight unlike body butter so its suitable for summer.