October 23, 2014 | 1897 users online

Blush - Becca - Soft Touch Blush - Songbird

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2013 10:41:00 AM More reviews by lele77

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love it. I got the blush for cheap in a strawberrynet sale, and now I'm looking for other Becca stuff to try - it's that good. The color is wonderful. On me it has a clearly warm pinkish-coral tone that is incredibly flattering and instantly brightens my face. The texture is easy to work with and quite pigmented (though one application won't make anyone look overly made up). This is honestly the perfect blush for me, and it's such a pity that Becca makeup is impossible to find offline where I live and hard to find online!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2013 1:16:00 AM More reviews by Lovelashes88

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Once this product is blended into the skin it looks so pretty. However it can be a little to harsh on litter completion IMO

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2013 2:16:00 AM More reviews by JJLOVEE

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I would repurchase but it is limited edition so there goes that! Although when I checked their website it is back on the blushes as a mineral blush, not "soft touch"...

I love the texture of this finely milled, super pigmented blush. Because it is so, one tap of the brush, plus a tap out of the excess, and you'll end up sweeping a wonderful bold but blendable, color to your cheeks. I say bold because this darker orange will blend out to make such a wonderful non-pink glow to your skin. There is a hint of gold dewy finish that makes this blush extra special. Very versatile for every season except winter.

My face looks put together, fresh, and contoured surprisingly with this blush! I only need the slightest amount and even this red-orangey-earth toned warm color seemed natural when placed on my skin.

I'll definitely feel the sting when I run out of this blush and I am trying to use it when I want to because it would be a waste if I just admire it and not put it to its purpose!

BECCA cosmetics are pricey but worth it if you got the $. I got mine on sale since it was a last chance item.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2011 3:11:00 AM More reviews by ruLz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my absolute HG for years! It has been my everyday staple blush since they first launched in 2008.

The colour is somewhere between a rosy coral to tawny pink with a slight hint of gold iridescence giving the somewhat matte blush some dimension.

Songbird does it all for me - blusher, contour and highlighter. Just a swipe on the cheekbones, temples, bridge of the nose and jawline instantly gave my slightly olive undertone some definition and colour. I instantly looked alive and "tan" even during winter months when my skin colour tends to fade a few shades.

Unfortunately this product has been discontinued and I'm beating myself about why I did not stockpile when I already knew how much I love it. Now, I only hope that I can find something to replace this much loved product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2010 10:20:00 AM More reviews by AngelOnFire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my first Becca product, and whilst I've heard a lot about the brand, I was never drawn to it for a couple of reasons. One, being the exorbitant price (the Soft Touch Blushes go for 23.50 for 6 grams, just a smidge below Giorgio Armani's Sheer Blushes), and two, the product not being widely available here in the UK (I like to be able to see and swatch my cosmetics before ordering or buying). Well, I got this product as a bonus, and practically for free when buying NARS Angelika on eBay, so I'm not complaining!

The first that struck me was the quality of the packaging. This is above my Armani Blushes in terms of material! The case itself is rubbery (not nearly as dust attracting as NARS packaging, though). The lid has a brushed steel (not plastic!) piece embedded in the top, with the words 'Becca' engraved on it. Wow. Talk about high quality packaging, no wonder they're so darn expensive! I've included a few pictures above in the product images for you to enjoy.

The blush itself is amazing, too. Songbird looks almost like a brick red in the pan, but once on, it's the most gorgeous and flattering coral I've ever seen on my pale skin! It has a delicate, golden sheen to it, similar to NARS Albatross, only much less in your face. So, as you can imagine, highligher is optional here, and not really neccessary. It is quite well pigmented, too, so a couple of swipes are more than enough to give you a healthy, flushed look. With corals being all the rage for spring and summer 2010, this is a viable alternative to the more widely known brands. I reckon that this will be a blush that I'll use a lot for the coming, warmer seasons.

If you're looking for a great, coral blush, look no further. You can imagine my surprise as Song Bird exceeded all my expectations tenfold. Even though it IS a very expensive product (well, as expensive as NARS given that you get more product with Becca), the quality IS there to give the better known brands a good run for their money. A must-have blush in a must-have shade. Why this doesn't have as much a cult status as some NARS or Giorgio Armani blushes have is beyond me. HG!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No