March 1, 2015 | 987 users online

Sunscreen - EltaMD - UV Clear SPF 46

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2015 12:02:00 PM More reviews by MyMaria9

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a very good sunscreen for oily to very oily skin. I found it to be somewhat matte in finish, not sticky or greasy at all. unscented for the most part except for a light chemical scent. Don't love how it makes certain foundations look after applied over it (cakey?). Some foundations look better over it than others. Expensive for what you get; love the pump. I would repurchase this again since I hate how sticky most sunscreens can be!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2014 9:08:00 AM More reviews by ivyn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Over the last few years, I had been using Japanese chemical sunscreens. After reading great reviews here, I've decided to make a switch to this. The packaging is excellent - no leakage, hygienic, easy to carry around. The texture is quite thick, at least much thicker than the Japanese sunscreen while easily spread on skin as well as absorb quickly.

At first I wasn't sure if this sunscreen is for me as I have combination skin. I was worry it's going to be too oily for my skin especially in hot and humid weather in Asia. However, I was surprisingly on the great outcome. Thought it didn't have a matte finish but I look fine, no oil film, no white cast, no break out, no clog pores. In fact, I look healthy and hydrated. During winter time, I feel the sunscreen has moisturisting effect too.

Overall, it's a great sunscreen. It really protects me from the sun.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2014 1:18:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

I bought this sunscreen on a friend's recommendation and I like it a lot. It has a light consistency that reminds me of Olay Complete, but with a higher SPF. Doesn't irritate my skin and absorbs quickly. It wears well under whatever TM/foundation I'm wearing and also layers well over other moisturizers and serums. Like Olay Complete, it doesn't have an overwhelming sunscreen scent or leave a white cast.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2014 2:06:00 PM More reviews by kitsunec4

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I really like the EltaMD UV Clear, it's a combo physical and chemical sunscreen that smooths down well. By which I mean, unlike a lot of other sunscreens with physical blockers, I don't get that awful white cast? It does take a minute or two.
The finish on this sunscreen isn't exactly matte, but neither is it an oil slick, just looks nice nice, well-moisturized skin after one lets it sink in for a minute or two.
Seems to deal well with whatever makeup I want to put on after sunscreen, if that's a concern for anyone.
No fragrance, your mileage may vary about the style of pump bottle it comes in, but I like how it makes my application pretty standard from day to day.
Just received my fourth bottle of this stuff today...I do kind of wish it didn't leave my combo skin quite so shiny in certain spots, it is nice to the drier bits of my skin. So, let the fact that I've bought 4 bottles for myself just this year stand as testament to my preference for this sunscreen. :3

rated 2 of 5 on 11/15/2014 6:18:00 PM More reviews by squint

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product didn't give me acne, but if I wear it more than twice a week I begin to get little red spots on my face... not optimal while trying to form a daily sunscreen habit. Also, it tends to ball up if I rub it in too much or wipe my face during the day. On the positive side, the bottle has a good pump that makes the product convenient to apply, and there's no unpleasant smell... but I really don't use it any more since I found Neutrogena's Clear Skin sunscreen.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2014 1:00:00 AM More reviews by JillHamilton

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Amazing sunscreen! I have tried everything out there and it all breaks me out. This has yet to and I've been wearing it for a year. Don't you just love it when you find something that works perfectly on you...especially makeup and such?

rated 1 of 5 on 9/22/2014 5:03:00 PM More reviews by Clarapetunia

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

SEVERE RASH w/ white heads took 3 days to go away!!!

Although I have Rosacea I have never had this kind of a reaction to a product. And this is labeled and marketed for Rosacea.

I spoke with someone at the company and was not very impressed with their ownership of the problem. The representative I spoke with said the product as having lots of 'medical' research to back it up...well clearly not sufficient research. They did however offer to replace this product with some body lotion.

Would strongly deter you from trying this product ESPECIALLY you have Rosacea or any sensitivity.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/11/2014 8:42:00 AM More reviews by zaerma

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

First day using this ss so this is just a first impression. This sunscreen balls up easily. I like applying my ss in layers instead of applying it all at once. Tried that with this suncreen but it balls up easily. Even on bare skin with nothing on top. I had to remove and reapply the ss in one layer (waste of ss :(). We'll see how it goes.

Edit: This leaves a white cast on my medium skin tone :( Also it keeps balling up after drying. Things are not looking good.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2014 11:05:00 PM More reviews by silverlakeconservatory

I try to write all my reviews the same way I'd like to see reviews, so first off here are my stats:
- 18 years old
- Combination skin, oily t-zone and slightly dry cheeks
- Acne prone, especially to black heads
- Some acne scarring (hyperpigmentation)

Ohh my god, this sunscreen is the holy grail. If this ever runs out I'll cry!

PROS
- Love the dispenser, you really do get every last drop (trust me, I twisted off the cap one time to see if there was any left over and there wasn't!)
- Applies smoothly and kind of like a serum
- No chalkiness
- No break outs whatsoever!
- Super lightweight even though I apply two pumps every time (that's how good it is)
- Great broad spectrum protection
- I swear this sunscreen brightens skin
- Looks flawless under makeup, you won't even know it's there
- PRICE IS SOOO GOOD

CONS
- Makes skin a little shiny, but otherwise.. that's it! Just apply some powder if it really bothers you (:

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2014 11:26:00 AM More reviews by skintherap

Since it's summer, the first thing that comes to mind is wearing sunscreen. Being a girl with super oily skin, most of the sunscreens I've used tend to be a bit gunky, too thick of a formula that it ends up leaving a film over my skin and creating even more oil buildup throughout my day (and welcoming some unwanted acne!). Well, not anymore! Since I started working at Skin Thera P Medical Spa, my eyes have been opened to the beauty that is the UV Clear. This formula is so lightweight, AND it's oil-free! What I love about Elta MD in general is the fact that they have a product for every skin type; it moisturizes the skin as well as protecting it from harsh sun rays. What's also a plus about the Clear is that niacinamide in the formula helps calm and protect sensitive skin, which is a big plus to those who are acne prone. I can definitely see and feel and improvement in my skin, and I love it! I would definitely recommend, and repurchase!