November 29, 2014 | 1020 users online

Liquid - Nivea - Ideal Finish

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2013 2:17:00 PM More reviews by aduur

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

I'm not sure if Nivea still make this because they stopped carrying their makeup products in my country a while back. However, when I could still get it, this was my favorite foundation.

Ideal Finish claims to be long-lasting. It definitely stays on longer than some other foundations, but since my skin was very oily back then, it didn't wear exceptionally on me.

The foundation leaves a very matte finish, so if that's what you're looking for, I would recommend. I personally would have prefered it to be more dewy. That way, the skin (especially the areas that are not so oily) would have looked more natural during daytime; you can always powder your face to get matte finish anyway.

If you want coverage, this is the most covering foundation I have tried so far. It covered my acne-related redness and hyperpigmentation really well (also, my acne was bad at the time but this foundation didn't seem to make it worse).

My skintone is fair and I wore the shade Nude (02). That was just a little bit too dark for me, it kind of matched my face but not my neck or decolletage. They didn't sell the lightest shade (Ivory) in my country, but if you are fair-skinned and can get the lightest shade, perhaps try that one.

Overall, it was a decent product for the price but it wouldn't be my HG any more. I've tried several other drugstore foundations after they stopped selling this one here and I've found better ones. It used to be the lightest shade I could find, but it looks like drugstore shade ranges have improved a lot lately. Coverage-wise, Ideal Finish has continued to be the winner for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2011 8:30:00 AM More reviews by zany05

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

The shade I bought was second lightest. It matched me, but when applied thicker, it looked orange. Doesn't look good on dry skin. But since my skin is oily and with some acne scarring and acne it worked moderately fine. Moderate coverage. Didn't cause me breakouts and I have this foundation like, forever, I bought it year ago and I still have a little bit of it left.
I would buy this product again, but I'd like to try out something better since this was cheap drugstore foundation. Bu anyway, this foundation is discontinued.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2011 2:46:00 PM More reviews by vloterbiegje

Ideal Finish is my day-to-day foundation, especially in winter as the lightest shade (nude) is a near perfect match for my winter skin. It has medium coverage and a silky matte finish.
PROS
- easy to apply, with a sponge or with fingertips
- for a matte but still natural look, perfect for work
- practical packaging, the plastic tube makes it easy to squeeze out the right amount of product, it seems to last forever (about six months for me) and you can squeeze out the last drop
- when my skin gets oilier during the day, the product still remains somewhat in place and does not turn a darker shade
- it does not worsen my oily, acne-prone skin

CONS
- it also does not help my oily, acne-prone skin - but I've stopped expecting that from a foundation
- my face never looks as perfect in the afternoon as it did in the morning after I just applied my make-up, even with blotting and re-powdering (again, I haven't found a product that wonderful yet)
- it accentuates flakiness, so when it freezes outside and even my oily skin gets dry it doesn't work very well any more

CONCLUSION
I would say that this is pretty fool-proof product and a decent day-to-day foundation for the price you pay.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2010 7:10:00 AM More reviews by joanasousa86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

so this is a nice foundation for the price you pay for it. i have very oily skin and i like this formula because it is more creamy than liquid, so it works better for me. but anyway i still love my mac foundation!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2010 1:29:00 PM More reviews by MaxFun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have to re-review this.
I thought it clogs my pores really badly, but I was just on the wrong skincare. After fixing that I love that product again.
It bascially does everything I want.
Coverage is amazing, I haven't found a foundation that does a covering job as well as this one.
Finding a shade for me is always tricky as I am very pale, yet neutral toned. The lightest shade of this product is just right for me. I love that.
It finishes matte and stays that way throughout the day. I have had good experiences with its staying power too, although I have to say I barely ever wear a foundation for more than 8 hours.
Best about it is that it's really cheap. In here they sell it for 8 Euros I think. Defenitely my HG!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2010 5:37:00 AM More reviews by soleil_kitty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've never had a liquid make-up, safe for a few samples here and there. And they're usually too dark. I'm fair skinned (NC15 - MAC and Porcelain - Bobbi Brown) and that's a major problem when once wants to find a suitable foundation. I'm also usually a powder-person. Creme make-ups are too heavy and I don't need a lot of coverage anyway. Imagine my surprise when I found out that Nivea offers a colour light enough: Ideal Finish in "02 Nude". Pro: Provides light to medium coverage, let's own skin shine through, looks very natural and has a powder-like matte finish. The mass of silicones also provide a silky, smooth feeling. That is, however, if you apply on dry skin. Since I'm a sunscreen junkie and use cremes every morning, it's not as matte anymore, even if you wait for twenty minutes before you apply. Oil control is okay. Not perfect - not bad. I do get shiny, but that happens with every other make-up, too. However, powder make-ups tend to "glide off"of my skin around noon, whereas this stays put at least. That's quite something.
Con: If you need full coverage and layer this on, it will get too dark and too yellow, I promise. As a light colour it really only works when applied with a light hand.
I found the price quite hefty for a supermarket brand - over 10 €. Since I don't plan to stick with it, though, I guess it will last me a while. And that answers the last question: won't repurchase. I think there are bigger and better fish in the sea. This is a nice product, but won't be a Holy Grail for me.