August 28, 2014 | 1126 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Estee Lauder - Makeup Brush Cleanser

rated 3 of 5 on 12/31/2013 12:14:00 PM More reviews by oneskyred

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Great spray bottle, good for spot cleaning. Advertised as able to clean brushes from heavy use, but this is difficult to do, would still recommend water and soap for this! I used this for my foundation brush concealer brush and any eye brushes that I have used a dark colour on that day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2011 7:29:00 PM More reviews by avalencia29303

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this after I ran out of my MAC brush cleanser. Now, I have never used the Mac cleanser as my sole cleanser. I primarily bought it and use it for spot cleaning in between deep cleanings. When I deep clean, I wash my brushes with a shampoo and a spritz of the cleanser as it helps sanitize my brushes, something shampoo alone doesn't do.
The closest Mac counter is a good hour away and while this cost me 3USD bucks more than the Mac one, I'm sure I would've wasted more in gas going to get it. What caught my eye is that the bottle is shaped exactly like the Mac cleanser bottle, even the color is the exact same tint of pink and of course, it smells exactly the same... Now, we all know that Estee Lauder is the parent company of Mac hence why they have some similar products so I'm very certain this is one of those products that is actually exactly the same thing packaged in EL packaging (ex Lancome Juicy Tubes and L'oreal Color Juice lip gloss). HOWEVER, what really drew me in is that while this one used to come with the same ridiculous wasteful top as the Mac one, this one now comes with a spray top!!!! No more transferring to another bottle which is ridiculous for what you pay for the cleanser to begin with. I'm sure it's only a matter of time before the Mac cleanser gets the same deal. I immediately tested this product on my harder to clean brushes on a paper towel like my Mac 239 or 217 brushes, and also the duo fiber ones like Mac 131 and 188 and my Becca duo fiber brush #55 which I used for concealer. It left my brushes sparkling white and they dried very quickly. I actually liked it more than the Mac one and I think it's bc the spray top gives out the perfect amount of cleanser to fully spot clean a brush. Without it I end up using too little or too much and then feel wasteful.
I would gladly buy this again in place of the Mac one! However, if happen to go to Mac when I need to rebuy it I'd just buy it as it's cheaper and I could easily just switch the spray top.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2010 12:42:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I had previously using Clinique's makeup brush cleanser and was not that happy with its performace and that it comes in a spray bottle. I am quite satisfied with the EL brush cleanser. I find that it removes all kinds of makeup off of my brushes without being harsh. Once dried, the brush bristles are soft.