September 23, 2014 | 1885 users online

BB Cream - Hera - Multi Mineral Base BB cream

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2014 3:58:00 AM More reviews by Cdutton

I am truly surprised to see so many bad reviews! I got this as a sample when I ordered some BB creams from Korea. Knowing there's a shop where I can literally walk to to pick this up I had to try it! I loved it! I did not find the smell off putting at all, and I'm migraine prone and very sensitive to smells. The shade I got was shade #2 I am a MAC NC/NW 20-25 and shade 2 was best suited for me. It blended very nicely even my husband who thinks I have too many BB creams thinks I should add this pricey bit to my collection. And yeas he knows it retails for around 40$ here at the Amore Pacific shop by our home. And I fully plan to when I at least use up one of my 12 BB creams I need to get to reviewing haha!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2013 8:27:00 AM More reviews by larojiblanca

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am surprised to see so many negative reviews of this BB cream. This is actually one of the best ones I've used (and I've used A LOT since I started out with BB's 5 years ago). The texture is light and very blendable; it has a nice slip to it that makes it easy to spread. There is a floral scent to it which I don't find offensive, but I can see why some people may be irritated by it. I got the 21 natural beige color which gives a very natural look without any grey cast. The coverage is pretty good, but not as strong as Missha BB creams. The thing I love most about Hera Multi Mineral is that it is the only BB cream which does't appear splotchy at the end of the day! Not to say that my face isn't oil-free, but at least the foundation still appears smooth and not "bunched up" in random patches.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2010 7:40:00 PM More reviews by bennodalove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Green

I did not like this BB cream either. As others have mentioned, the smell is hideously strong and lingers on your face all day. The strong smell irritates my sensitive skin and breaks me out in painful red bumps. The BB cream formulation is decent - I like that it is quite hydrating to the skin and lasts all day (however, it does oil up a little on my t zone after 4 hours or so). I am an NC20-25 with yellow undertones and even the darkest shade was too light for me though, and I'm pretty pale. Coverage was good, I'd say medium to buildable. Sometimes it would cake up around my nose, so good moisturising beforehand is essential. Hera is a HE brand but I would've never guessed from this BB cream as I've tried ones from much cheaper brands that far excelled the perfomance of this one.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2010 11:42:00 AM More reviews by Adriana265

I love BB creams in general - this one wasn't one I loved though. I was really excited to try this as Hera is a luxury brand and I love the spokeswoman for the brand, so naturally I had to get my hands on it. First thing that striked me was the overwhelming scent this BB cream has! It is very very strong and perfumey. Worst of all, the scent lingers on the skin all day. Seriously ladies, ALL FREAKIN' DAY. My SO picked me up from work after a 12 hour shift and as he lent in to kiss me, he said my face smelt of "flowers"...ridiculous.

I have normal-combo oily skin and this BB cream isn't moisturising enough for me. It accentuates dry patches which I didn't even know I had. Strangely enough, despite that, it doesn't have good oil control. My t-zone gets pretty oily when I'm wearing this, something that doesn't usually happen with my other foundations or BB creams. So I have to apply it ontop of an oil controlling primer or set with some oil absorbing powder.

There are 3 shades available and they are all beige and light toned. The first shade is more yellow toned whilst the other 2 are more of a pure beige colour. Fits my skin quite well but makes me look a little ghostly.

The consistancy is rather thick, and spreads okay but doesn't blend out as well as other BB creams I've tried. It doesn't have any pearl or shimmer finish to it, which I like. The coverage isn't that good, I don't have many blemishes but this fails to cover the small red spots on my chin. It does even out the skintone well though, and covers reddness.

I also think this gives me a few small breakouts on my cheek area, despite washing off with oil-cleanser, followed by regular cleanser and toner.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2010 11:14:00 AM More reviews by mu5icbtch

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I've always been interested in BB creams. The talks of them being multi-purpose products (concealer, foundation, moisturizer, sun protectant) intrigued me. I've tried several BB creams in the past and none of them have worked for me...they either broke me out, made me oily, or just made me look too pink or grey.

I purchased this Hera BB cream whilst I was in Korea staying with a friend. She took me shopping to her local mall and told me this was a pretty good one...so I tried it out.

Hera says this is an "All in one base containing naturally sourced minerals for silky smooth and shiny skin that looks likes it's fresh from a hot spring bath. It's a sun cream + make-up base + foundation".....all of this sounded good to me as I love smooth radiant looking skin.

There are 3 shades available - No.13 Light Beige, No.21 Natural Beige, No.23 True Beige. I chose No.23 as it was the darkest, and I'm an NC37-42. It contains an SPF of 25 PA++ so the sun protection is decent.

So after cleansing and applying my moisturizer in the morning, I put on this on. I dot it on my cheeks, nose, chin and forehead, then blend out. It blends really well - no streakiness or patchiness.

I gives me a semi-matte finish, and if I don't set with powder it looks pretty dewy after about 10 minutes. As I have combo skin (oily t zone, normal cheeks) I do usually need to powder. If you have dry skin I don't think you'll need to though. It doesn't transfer easily -- doesn't rub off on my hands, clothes, phone etc. The consistency is light and spreads well - it's not thick, but it's not watery either. There is no oil control properties seeing as it’s a 'glowy' BB cream.

As for lasting power, it's okay. I don't think this would last me all day
but it does last a good couple of hours - perhaps 6. It sinks into the skin upon application so it's barely detectable. Like I mentioned earlier, I'm an NC37-42 so the colour is an issue for me. It makes my face look lighter, so I have a tan neck and white face. It looks odd, but I usually apply a bronzer or a bit of light foundation ontop of it just to add some colour. This BB cream doesn't look grey or pink on my skin like most others have though.

This is a decent makeup base. I think my makeup goes on a little more easier and stays on a little bit longer. But it's nothing remarkable. I like that my face doesn't feel covered in makeup when I have this on. It can "breathe", so to speak.

What I really don't like about this is the scent. It's SO STRONG AND OVERPOWERING...like perfume. The smell isn't horrible, it's just too damn strong for my liking. I can smell it on my face hours after I've put it on and I have to scrub my hands to get the scent off of them too otherwise it'll linger for ages.

Also, this doesn't provide good coverage. I wasn't expecting good coverage as it's a BB cream, but if you have lots of blemishes I don't think this will cover it that well. I have a few acne scars on my chin and some pimples on my cheek but nothing major. If I use more than a pea size of this BB cream, it covers everything pretty well, but still lets the freckles on my nose show through.

Overall I quite like this. I like the glowy finish it gives my skin, the SPF properties (I must confess - I buy BB creams mainly because of the SPF. Normal sunscreens just break me out) and it's very quick and easy to apply. No chance of cakiness or anything like that. I don't like the smell, and the shades don't have enough yellow in them for my liking. However, I'd probably repurchase.