November 21, 2014 | 990 users online

Concealers - Neutrogena - SkinClearing Blemish Concealer

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2014 1:57:00 AM More reviews by yeseniareyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

best concealer I've ever used nice consistency, and covered everything I wanted to cover!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2014 3:45:00 PM More reviews by aries89m

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this in the shade light. I believe I am on my 4th or 5th one and I have been using this product for more than 8 years.

I wouldn't necessarily say this concealer helps clear up my acne, but it certainly doesn't exacerbate it. The consistency is on the more liquidy side but once it dries, it stays. It's best to blend it with foundation on top of it. I would say given the limited amount of shades available and how hard it is to blend, it's not something you want to wear alone. Granted, I use this only on my blemish spots since that's what it is intended for so it doesn't matter to me whether it's blendable. For really red spots, this doesn't help cover it and so I would recommend using a green concealer with this product to counteract the red. Or, you could do what I do which is apply one layer of this concealer, followed by a layer of foundation, and then repeat until you get your desired level of coverage.

I have noticed from repeatedly buying 'Light', that the color differs each time. It could be attributed to the fact that when I compare the new product with a used product, there was possible oxidation resulting in different color comparisons (but then again, the concealer is still in the twist-up pen at this point and is unexposed). There is a bit of an orange tint and so it helps with covering dark undereye circles. Yes I know, this product has Salicylic Acid and should not be used near the eye area. I hardly put it near my eye area but on a few occassions I did it just to see what would happen. If they had a concealer with the same color but without that blemish-fighting chemical, it'd be a great undereye concealer.

It is a shame the price for this product keeps climbing, but fortunately for Neutrogena, I haven't found anything better to replace it with.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2014 10:17:00 PM More reviews by SueAri

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this concealer. It does not break me out, and has good coverage.

If you are looking for a pimple/mark concelear and have acne prone or oily skin I recommend it. (Not to be used for under the eyes since it contains salicylic acid)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2014 7:59:00 PM More reviews by Roargirl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've used this coverup for years, after buying it during my first breakouts as a young teenager. I keep coming back to this concealer because it stays on for the entire day (a miracle due to my oily skin and frequent use of blotters), it actually HELPS my acne heal, and it blends into my super pale skin. Even though most people love the packaging, I actually find that I don't need the amount of concealer that comes out per rotation, and feel that the applicator head is kind of large. For more control I use a q-tip when applying the concealer, which is a bit of a hassle. But overall I love this stuff!!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2014 10:08:00 PM More reviews by TrevorLeGrand

I really like it, packaging and applicator makes for a great overall cover. I use this for zits only, haven't tried it on my dark circles yet. It really covers those huge ones, the kind most concealers just wont work on. Helpful tip: exfoliate before u apply this to a blemish, no matter what product it is, because if you don't it will get all flaky and not look very good. My only complaint, is that the package doesn't seem to be very big. The product itself is wonderful, and a little seems to go a long way.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2014 1:39:00 AM More reviews by PiMehMeh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Really wanted to love this concealer when I was in need of a spot treatment and cover-up for the random zits that would pop up, but I don't feel like this did much to treat them. I purchased this in the Light shade, which was a little lighter than my skin tone but blended well into it. The concealer was actually a little on the sheer side compared to the medium-full-coverage concealers like Maybelline's Mineral Power concealer and NYX HD Photogenic Wand Concealer. When dispensed from the pen, applied and blended in, the liquid salycylic acid acne treatment is quite noticeable among the pigment. It's a wet formula.

I love the twist-pen design for this concealer as it's sleek and dispenses just enough concealer, but unfortunately the pen doesn't come with much product; it looks like about half the product as most liquid concealer tubes, making this product feel more like a novelty than a functional product. The actual angled sponge-tip applicator is also a little questionable since it's exposed and can't really be washed, so I couldn't help wondering if this was hygienic and never actually applied the sponge to my face, only to the back of my hand and then using a clean applicator from the back of my hand to my problem areas.

I think I may have only had this product for a little over 2 months before coming close to running out of product, which is a quite disappointing since I've kept concealers for 6 months at a time that provide more coverage for about $5 to $5 a pop against the SkinClearing Blemish Concealer at $10. I just thought that if this is pricier and it does work to reduce acne, it was worth it. But it didn't really do much, if anything at all, to clear my acne like I thought it would. I love Neutrogena skin care, but their cosmetics seem to be a hit or miss.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2014 10:13:00 PM More reviews by jessierose27

My favorite spot concealer. Does not make me break out. I use this everyday in Light and it's wonderful. I love, man do I love.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2014 1:52:00 PM More reviews by pandorax

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was not into this concealer the first time I used it. I was used to the consistency of Almay's blemish control concealer, which is a little thicker and covers a bit better. But...I think the Almay one does contribute to break outs a little for me because of its thicker, waxier consistency. I was recently trying to stop the cycle of breakouts and switched to this one just to try it out. I found that it is buildable, so one layer of it toned down any redness or blemishes I had, and dotting it on top of the first layer added more coverage where I needed it. What I like is that the consistency is a little thinner and so it doesn't seem to cause any further breakouts. It is not a perfect product, and like I said, I mainly tried it while trying to get my skin to stop breaking out, and it was good for that. If you need a really good opaque concealer, it probably won't be enough for you though. Almay's has better coverage, or for really excellent coverage, try Dermablend, that stuff really covers.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/3/2013 10:45:00 PM More reviews by FoxyPeaches83

I bought this last year since I go thru concealers like people drink coffee, figured I'd try something that might clear my breakouts whilst I go about my day. I had high hopes for this, honest. The coverage was actually pretty good, the shade was great on me, blended awesome, and the package is so cute and purseworthy. I loved being able to squeeze out just what I needed and not accidentally overdo it. And it lasted most of the day, me being a chronic face-toucher by habit, only had to reapply once. But this product lead me on! Literally I started having bad breakouts, turned to this and all it did was make my skin dry and flaky where I applied. It lasted me about 3 months, which is pretty good for such a small amount. Once I ran out of what little liquid there was in the tube, my face cleared. Like magic, the blotchy, flaky, overly dry texture went back to it's normal 'meh' self. Maybe it'll work for someone else but it just wasn't for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/26/2013 3:55:00 PM More reviews by Lisafrank

I really like the applicator but it's too thin and doesn't cover as good as I wish