October 22, 2014 | 2024 users online

Skincare - Face - Turmeric Mask

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2014 7:40:00 PM More reviews by Deedee566

i have been mixing turmeric with a little honey and milk and applying it to my face a couple times a week (i use all organic, I think it is more pure than non organic). I've been doing this for about a year, and every time i rinse my face my skin feels SO smooth! The only con is that turmeric can stain anything, so you have to be careful. I use the clarisonic when i wash my face after, so that removes the yellow tone on my skin. Then i apply a moisturizer. i absolutely LOVE this mask, and it's helped me out with acne, scarring from past acne, and adding a nice glow to skin. Highly recommend!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/13/2014 4:54:00 PM More reviews by yguo001

Not for everyone. It actually made my acne a lot worse. Burning eyes and skin. really irritated my skin. Also itwill make a big mess. Face turned yellow for 2days. Even makeup could not really cover it. Will not try it again. Everyone would be more carefully wit DIY for your skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2014 2:43:00 PM More reviews by lianaist

My skin is extremely oily around the nose area, and ONLY the nose area, so I tend to get a lot of blackheads there. I also break out a lot on my cheeks, chin, forehead, sometimes neck (so pretty much everywhere)... Or should I say 'used' to!

I made a paste of turmeric powder and olive oil, applied it to my face and left it for around a half hour. I then washed it off with "Witch" foaming face wash (which I've been using for years now) to get all of the colour off, and moisturised with a little bit of coconut oil before patting my face dry (or I make a combination of coconut oil and granulated sugar to exfoliate once every 2-3 days). I'm not even exaggerating when I say I saw instant results. My face and spots weren't at all red, and my skin tone seemed to have improve. I applied it again the next night, and the one after that, and a few red scars/patches I had on my cheeks from older pimples I'd picked at had vanished! Those patches had stayed on my face for a month before using turmeric. They dried up after the first application and were honestly completely gone after the third. I know for sure it's the turmeric that's doing this because I went a week without applying it once and I broke out EVERYWHERE. My chin, cheeks, nose, etc.

Please try it if you suffer from acne or are prone to breaking out a lot. You seriously have nothing to lose, and there's a high chance it will work for you!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/12/2014 3:50:00 PM More reviews by Tuffy7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Oh, how I hate to say it, but this did nothing for me. I tried 4 masks made with a little regular flour, a teaspoon of turmeric (regular food-grade) and a bit of milk. All that happened was that after the 3rd one I developed a few huge blackheads. So maybe the turmeric pulled those to the surface somehow, but otherwise -- zilch.

I also turned a bit yellow after the fourth one, but it washed off the next morning. Incidentally, I read on xoJane.com that adding oil to these masks is what turns you yellow, so maybe skip the almond oil, etc.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2014 3:27:00 PM More reviews by ashleynmlw

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

So l have dark acne scarring and severe hyper pigmentation on my face.... a stack contrast to the skin on my body which is baby smooth!!!
Tumeric works! I've been leaving it overnight every night for the past 5 days and my scars have lightened up to a brown colour from black. Yep it's awesome, l leave it on overnight mixed with olive oil or as a face mask with yoghurt and lemon.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2014 1:15:00 AM More reviews by lushlife505

Amazing mask. I never buy face masks from the store anymore. I find them completely useless and never once have I noticed results much less being in awe after using them.
I only use this mask and vary the mix once in a while and alternate with an aspirin mask when ever I have a lot of blemishes.
When I use this mask regularly my skin looks great it even slightly helps with my oil. It definitely brightens and evens the skin tone.

I vary the amounts but this is normally what I do.

In a small bowl I mix the following-
2 tablespoons garbanzo bean flour
1/2-1 teaspoon turmeric powder
1 tablespoon of milk-more or less as needed to make a thick but slightly runny paste
1-1 1/2 teaspoon olive oil or coconut oil( I love coconut oil but find olive works best)
NOTE: for a deeper mask I use less oil and the mask dries firmer and tightens my skin. I can feel an almost throbbing that actually feels pleasing and I notice a quick improvement in my blemishes.

I mix and allow to sit for about 3-5 minutes and it thickens just a bit then I apply to my clean face.

I leave it on 30 minutes or until dry.
To rinse. Use warm water and wet face. I work the warm water into my skin in sections adding more as I go. This will help break up the mask and you can finish it off as a gentle scrub. Once I have scrubbed my face GENTLY I finish rinsing and pat my skin dry. This makes my skin super soft and supple.

It can be messy so I usually will use this before my nighttime shower.

This mix makes more than I need for my face but I will save it for use later in the week or use down my neck and chest area.
Some times I will use rice flour instead or a combination of them both.
The olive oil also helps in making sure the mask does not stain the skin and makes the skin soft. I add more if I want a moisturizing mask.

LOVE LOVE LOVE this mask

Give it a try at least 4 treaments and see if you have any results
To start I used every other night or every two nights. Then tappered off as my skin got better. Used along with a diy Vit C serum you should see great results in skin tone, blemishes and scarring!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2014 8:14:00 PM More reviews by cocaine2727

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The mask is really amazing, I love it so much, I used it for 5 days already, once a day, my pimples on my face has already calm down so much, and it says it will makes your face growing and I can see that J So happy, so have to share, cannot keep it to myself J
My pimples are dry up and the pimple scars are fading away gradually, I have been using this for only a week, will keep doing it and add it into my skin care routine. :)

Recipes:

1. Turmeric powder, 1 tea spoon

You can get this from any Asian grocery store, this will stain, so you better wear your sleep wear at home when you are doing the mask, if it stains a bit here and there, you can use make up remover or oil to clean it

2. Plain full cream yogurt, or Greek yogurt, 2 big spoon

Have to be plain, not sweet or flavoured ones, because you are using on your face, have to be full cream as well for better results

3. Honey, 1 tea spoon

A bit will do, honey is very good food for your skin

4. A quart of lemon/lime juice (optional)

Itís good to have, but not necessary, everyoneís skin react differently, better check first

5. Rice flour

Make the paste thick, because if the paste is too thin, it will be running down and stain your clothes (you donít want that)

Mix all well, feels thicker enough, good enough, you can make bigger portion and keep in the fridge for a few days and use every day. Wash your face before you apply, leave the mask on for 30-40 minutes, then wash off. You will see amazing results after a few days trying. J You can use this every day or 2-3 times a week up to you.

Let me know after you try J

Enjoy the mask too, maybe you should all take a photo of your face when you have the mask on. J

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2014 9:39:00 PM More reviews by shutterbug07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I mix turmeric with a bit of yogurt in an old plastic yogurt cup, apply it as a facial masque and let it dry for 5-10 minutes, then wash off with warm water and a wash cloth I don't mind staining (turmeric stains). If you have any leftover masque, store it in the fridge and use it within 3 days. It is an anti-inflammatory, brightens skin, and fights free radical damage. It's super affordable, and doesn't contain all those nasty chemicals that so many commercial products in the beauty industry tend to have!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2014 12:39:00 PM More reviews by alliemcintosh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I mix 1tsp turmeric with 1tbsp honey and a splash of milk. Incredible and affordable at home face mask. Don't go out and spend an arm and a leg on a face mask when you can make a fresh one at home, honestly!
This mask is great for acne scarring, age spots and hyperpigmentation. The turmeric is great at fading, the honey has tons of nutrients to nourish damaged skin and help restore it, and the milk contains lactic acid to help rid your skin of gunk. I highly recommend this!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2014 8:08:00 AM More reviews by car41

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am in my 40s and have always had acne which has just got worse and worse. Tried everything, next step roaccutane, have used epiduo for about a year with little effect on its own. Last resort after reading suggestions on here I tried turmeric and organic set honey. Bit of a mess, best user in the bath, and needed to remove with toner ( I use organic apple cider vinegar) to stop being yellow but after half an hour I could see a difference. I use it every day, if I don't I can see a difference but no break outs. My skin a month ago was large multiple lumps under the skin around my neck and ears, black marks of deep infection all around my chin and more normal like spots around my forehead and chin. I have two lumps left which are shrinking every day and my skin is no longer an oil slick. I can go out without makeup and can even use a sun screen now. Have gone from being in pain, not sleeping with the lumps to being able to walk around the house with out makeup with hair tied back and without makeup when out and not too worried about what's left if my hair blows out of the way. Not the easiest thing to use and I think you do need to use it daily but a really amazing difference and no risk if you have severe cystic acne and want to avoid Accutane, worked faster and better and without the side effects when I compare it to antibiotics. : )

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No