April 19, 2014 | 1599 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Laneige - Sebum Control Primer

rated 1 of 5 on 11/23/2012 8:55:00 PM More reviews by asherzoby

Ok, this product is not for me. Please remind me that despite the excellent marketing, i should not be buying this again.

I tested it against smash box and found my review is as follow:
1. This goes on more smooth as compared to Smash Box as Smash Box tend to be thicker.
2. However, putting too much will make my skin feel oily. Also, when i first started using, the product just ran out quickly like liquid onto my fingers. It was that runny, or rather oily.
3. I did not see noticeable difference between both primer holding power or in terms of how oily my face seemed to be.
4. i had slight itch on my jaw line (only on the left side - which is the side i tested this laneige sebum control primer) the morning after.
5. i developed a zit two days after on my nose on the left side. as i did not use any new product save for this on my left side on my face, this seem to be a possible culprit. I had used this product again on the next day, again, only on the left side of my face.

I then tried this primer on my left side of my face. I applied make up as usual. my findings:

1. appearance wise, both sides of my face looked the same upon make up application. did not notice a difference in my appearance.
2. i guess you can say my left side felt more smooth before i slathered my foundation on.
3. after 4 hours, i really don't see much difference still. my make up had equally slid off my face.
4. after 4 hours, admittedly, oil control for left side was better than my left side. after blotting with facial blotters, i think my left side had about 10% lesser oil than my right.

My verdict: i think having 10% less oil is not good enough to run the risk of having a zit! shall not bother with this primer ever again.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/4/2011 2:32:00 PM More reviews by Kyuu17

It is expensive and i prefer using Clinique's Pore Instant perfector. I have oily t-zone and the reason why i bought the instant perfector is to cover my large pores. Well it did and it made it look matte, it does control oil.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2011 12:09:00 PM More reviews by thecocobunny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I read some comments that this doesn't control oil very well and i don't know why i still bought it because i have extremely oily skin (make up disappears on me in just a couple of hours). It costed me about $28-30. My skin felt immediately smoothed out upon application and the consistency is comparable to that of Smashbox (but half the price and twice the size). It did not control oil at first, but then again i put very little product on (i thought you just need a small amount, like smashbox). However upon experimenting, you actually need to put a dime-sized amount and if you're wearing make up in an event, put two layers of primer, but let it dry for about 5-10 minutes in between. It worked fine after that! Make up lasted longer in the harshest of conditions (i happen to live in a very humid and very hot country!). Only downside is that there's no pore coverage whatsoever. Packaging is very convenient and the product smells very nice. I read the ingredients and it doesn't seem to have silicone (which maybe is why it doesn't have pore coverage?). Ill buy it again because it's definitely cheaper than smashbox or MUFE.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2010 9:19:00 AM More reviews by bennodalove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Green

Had no oil control whatsoever - and my skin isn't even oily (I have normal/combo skin). My t zone would look greasy within 2 hours or so. It did leave my face feeling very smooth because the primer is silicone based, but that's about it. I suspect it gave me a few small breakouts on my forehead as well...was expecting a lot from this product but I did not like it.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2010 5:03:00 AM More reviews by mzzstylish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought like 3 of these while i was in Korea. I shouldn't have bought 3 cause it doesn't control oil.The main reason I bought this was cause I needed a primer to help my super oily skin. I thought it would be good so i bought 2 more so when im back home i would have stocked up on it. Since i bought 2 more might as well just use it after im done with the first. I mean it didn't break me out or anything, i just wished it actually controlled oil!!!! It does make it easier to apply your makeup though so thats one good thing about it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2010 3:01:00 PM More reviews by mrsnosab

This primer can be expensive and hard to find if you are in the US but I just love it. It leaves your skin feeling silky and smooth and does help in controlling oil. I find when I don't use this my face is extremely oily throughout the day. I dont think any primer will really eliminate oil, I still need to blot a couple times with this but it does a great job.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2010 10:54:00 PM More reviews by sharr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

this product actually works pretty well on my combi skin. it leaves my skin smooth and matte and ready for foundation. i love that its also colourless and it also hasnt caused me any breakout. smells great as well! :) would continue to repurchase it as long as i can afford it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2010 1:14:00 PM More reviews by jostajoe

I generally do not leave any feedback, but I would like to share my tips of using this primer.
I have combination/oily skin with occasional breakouts. In order to keep my makeup fresh and clean, I decided to purchase this primer when I visited Hong Kong couple years ago. Prior using the primer, I make sure I prep and moisturize my face and let the lotion sinks in for about 15 to 20 mins. I apply the primer to areas where I usually have shine (i.e. forehead, cheeks and chin) and wait for another 5 to 10 mintues before I apply makeup. My tips of makeup is to go less. Avoid using liquid foundation would definitely help to keep face fresh and clean for the rest of the day if users tend to oil towards the middle or the end of the day. My choice of makeup to go with this primer is using mineral makeup. Mineral makeup is light which means less burden on skin but it provides great coverage for every day purposes.
The only drawback on the primer is that I can't use it in the winter. It tends to dry out my skin too much so I only save it for summer when I need some extra boost to control my sebum and to minimize my pores (which it does a pretty good job on hiding pores!)
Even though it is not my favourite primer, but a little goes a long way and it does what it claims only limited to when I use it with very minimal makeup. Will I buy it again, maybe. So I hope this review helps. :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2010 8:28:00 PM More reviews by Adriana265

Don't like this primer. I have normal-combo skin and this seemed to make my skin oil up! I also experience breakouts when I use this, and I do not usually get breakouts. Doesn't make my makeup last longer or apply more smoothly. Much prefer my MAC p+p spf 50.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2010 6:39:00 PM More reviews by ichigo_no_powder

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i love it! this primer helped my make up stay on and smoothly and corrected my skin tone. no more red spots! however its oil control is not the best i've seen. this is only my second primer and i'll keep searching to see if there is yet a better one out there however i won't hesitate to come back to this one.