September 21, 2014 | 1024 users online

Body Scrubs - The Body Shop - Nutmeg and Vanilla Body Scrub

rated 3 of 5 on 6/19/2012 9:13:00 AM More reviews by alousek

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I find the smell very nice, not too sweet, but the scrub parts are too big and scratchy for me and my sensitive skin. I couldn’t massage it in, so I just applied it and wasched off after a while. I prefer smoother scrubs even for my body, that’s why I usually end up using my facial scrub all over the face and body!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2010 11:10:00 PM More reviews by nguyenh09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I got this as a gift from a friend who said they were selling these items for $5 after Christmas. I'm so glad so picked up one for me!

This is by far the best scrub I have ever used. The primrose seeds and crushed walnut shells exfoliate my skin wonderfully & the creamy texture of the scrub and bits of nutmeg feels so wonderful on my skin in the shower... like a souffle with bits of sugar! Too yummy.

Packaging: I do not like the jar packaging for this item. This tends to be a common problem with most scrub containers because it's impossible to scoop the scrub out w/o getting water in it!

I used this scrub along with the matching body butter. It leaves barely any smell after the shower (like most scrubs).

I would purchase again!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/17/2009 3:42:00 AM More reviews by Yum3ji

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION: Get smooth, radiant skin this season with a luxurious creamy exfoliating scrub with nutmeg and natural exfoliants to leave skin feeling soft,smooth and delicately fragranced with the comforting scent of toasted nutmeg and vanilla. Best for normal skin.

• Nutmeg extract adds a warm, nostalgic fragrance.
• Community Trade organic honey moisturizes and conditions skin.

Directions: Massage in circular movements over your body while in the bath or shower to help remove dead skin cells and boost circulation.

This rich, creamy paste contains grounded walnut shell and primrose seeds for exfoliation, and is packaged in The Body Shop's signature transparent jars with a coloured (in this case rust) screw lid. This product retails for $20 in the 200 g jar and $20 in the 48 g (50 mL/1.69 oz.) jar which is included in the Joy To Your Skin Gift Set.

MY THOUGHTS: I received a 50 mL jar of The Body Shop's (TBS) Nutmeg and Vanilla Body Scrub as part of the Nutmeg and Vanilla Joy to Your Skin Gift set for Christmas in 2009. I was eager to try the product since I already own several of TBS products. Unfortunately, I was sorely disappointed with the Nutmeg and Vanilla line. The fragrance smells like Play-Doh; meanwhile, the application wasn't any better. I found it difficult to scoop out product during a shower without dripping water into the jar, or fumbling my way trying to screw the lid back on. The walnut shells barely exfoliated past my arm, after that they simply fell off the sponge and collected near the drain. Finally, there was no fragrance after rinsing, which may or may not be a good thing (in this case). If you're still curious about the Nutmeg and Vanilla line, either sample the products in store or purchase the Joy to Your Skin Gift set ($20 for trial sizes of the body scrub, body lotion, bath & shower gel, shower sponge, and bag).

INGREDIENTS: Aqua, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Glycine Soja Oil, Silica, Cetearyl Alcohol, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil, Juglans Regia Shell Powder, Carylyl Glycol, Oenothera Biennis Seed, Orbignya Oleifera Seed Oil, Parfum, Sorbitan Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Sclerocarya Birrea Seed Oil, Carbomer, Myristica Fragrans Powder, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, Tocopherol, Denatonium Benzoate. continued >>