October 23, 2014 | 1859 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Target - Up & Up Makeup Remover

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2014 3:53:00 PM More reviews by petiteimp

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this! Not sure why people complain about the oiliness. I always wash my face right after, or wipe with a makeup remover wipe (I love up&up's sensitive skin wipes comparable to Simple), and the residue is gone. Removes makeup with minimal effort/rubbing. Will repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2014 11:32:00 PM More reviews by kaxel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This review is for the Up & Up eye makeup remover with the lavender cap that is marketed as being comparable to Neutrogena. I bought this trying to save $1. It says on the bottle "OIL FREE" (I keep looking at it to see) but what is in the bottle is LIKE BABY OIL. It does remove eye makeup fairly well, but I cannot stand the feeling of oil on my eyelids! It's definitely oily--when I got some on my hands and tried to wash it off, the water just beaded up. I am at a loss whether I got a freak bottle that was mis-labeled, or what.

Anyway, if you buy oil-free expecting it to be oil-free, watch out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2014 3:54:00 PM More reviews by xloveee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this makeup remover for years now. It's affordable and takes off all my eye makeup. The only complaint is that with really waterproof mascaras, it doesn't take it off completely. But I just use a makeup wipe to wipe off any remainder, after I take off my face makeup. It doesn't leave too much of a greasy or oily residue. For $5+tax I don't have too many complaints

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2014 10:44:00 AM More reviews by Nenita222

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this product ,it took my mascara off with no problem,I use covergirl lashblast (orange tube) and it came right off, it was very gentle on my eyes , and I always have problems with wipes or liquids because of my eyes been sensitive ,but this was very good .

rated 3 of 5 on 8/2/2013 1:05:00 PM More reviews by eat245

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This makeup remover is cheap and pretty gentle on my eyes, which I like. As for actually removing makeup, though? It's just OK. In order to get all my makeup off, I have to really soak the cotton pad and rub it across my lid a few times. It's worth noting that I do not wear waterproof eye makeup for the most part, the only waterproof stuff I wear are UD 24/7 liners. I doubt this remover would do much against waterproof mascara. This remover is oil free, but it leaves a slight greasy residue right after I use it. That is gone within a few minutes, and my eyelids actually feel a bit dry afterwards. Even though it's cheap, I doubt I'll buy this one again.

Also, most removers I've used have a press-down-and-turn style cap which is really secure. This one just has a plain old screw cap that doesn't feel too secure, I would not want to travel with it as I wouldn't trust it not to come open.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/2/2013 11:23:00 AM More reviews by andrea0611

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased this as I generally like Target Up & Up products.
I was not wearing waterproof mascara but this product did not seem to do anything to remove it... I tried this on several different kinds of mascara- same thing, though, it was just oily on my face.
I honestly feel that my normal facial cleanser works better than this.
Wondering if I got some from a defective batch or something?

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2013 7:43:00 AM More reviews by viviansweethart

I bought this bc sonia kashiks makeup remover was getting too pricy for a poor college student. Keep in mind, im talking about the up&up remover that has the exact same packaging as neutrogena's. it has a lavender cap. Anyways, this stuff is BOMB!! I will buy over and over and over. Its afforadable and does the job! Must buy!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2013 12:57:00 AM More reviews by Lauraasti

I LOVE this stuff. I have generally sensitive skin and it doesn't irritate it at all. Just ONE swipe and the waterproof eyeliner along my waterline is completely gone. No stinging, burning, itching, irritation at all. Great price and a great product that I feel is overlooked because it's not "name brand." I also find that I have to use a lot less than my previous eye makeup remover (just one or two blots on a cotton pad. I wear a ton of eyeliner) because it works so well and don't have to rub my eye at all...this bottle is going to last me for months. Definitely a hidden gem.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2013 12:24:00 AM More reviews by thevnilly

I'm surprised by the negative reviews. I generally don't use an eye makeup remover, but I've been using a new heavy duty waterproof mascara lately so I decided to pick this up. A few swipes of this with a cotton pad and most of the mascara is gone. I then wash my face and follow with witch hazel for a toner. It does say oil-free, but my eyes/contacts do get filmy. The problem is resolved once I wash my face and water seeps into my eyes.

One bottle will last me quite awhile, as it doesn't take much to get the makeup off. Good deal.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/22/2013 2:44:00 PM More reviews by Vivalakellye

This product irritated the skin above both of my eyes. Would not recommend it for sensitive skin. I really try to purchase Up & Up when I'm trying to save money at Target and loved the price point of this eye makeup remover, but it's not worth the irritation.