April 19, 2014 | 833 users online

Concealers - Victoria's Secret - VS Pro Camouflage FX Concealer Palette

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2013 8:48:00 PM More reviews by Rhonda89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like how there is 3 concealer colors in a container. It really helps with blending. I like to top with a light powder when I'm done and lasts all day! Great price for a great product

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2013 4:13:00 AM More reviews by Harlot

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have no idea what the photo above is depicting, but the current VS Camouflage FX Concealer Palette has only 3 blendable color shades and cost about 18 dollars. It must be a new formulation and packaging.
At any rate, as with other reviewers, I agree that is it somewhat hard and waxy, but as with most concealers, there is a trick to making it more slippery and blendable. Put a small dollop of your face moisturizer on your finger before swiping the concealer. This makes it easier to apply and results in a natural finish. The concealer won`t look dry right after it`s applied, nor will it cake throughout the day. Overall, I really like this concealer. The light and medium are great colors and highly pigmented. It isn`t greasy, and doesn`t feel like surfboard wax while sitting on your skin either. It has medium to full coverage. I`m taking one star off because the darkest color of the 3 is way too dark for my Caucasian skin tone and just a waste.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/11/2013 11:04:00 AM More reviews by seroled

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I had a hard time using this at first. I bought it for the orange corrector color. It is good for undereye circles. The key is to warm it up and apply with your finger. The green is ok for redness. I plan to use the middle color for something. It is close to my skin color. Don't apply too much or it will cake up on you. Set with powder.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2012 12:43:00 PM More reviews by Tresha

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm nc42, and I'm really loving this! I use it to cover dark spots or for highlighting certain areas on my face. It does not slip off my skin. I dont use it under my eyes. I use it mainly for highlighting and contouring the bridge of my nose. This is one of those concealers that work better with good brushes or makeup artist application techniques. It's a great value for getting the three colors. It's perfect colors for my skintone. I'm very happy with this purchase. It's thin and waxy in the beginning, but over time the consistency is better. It doesn't break me out like Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/5/2012 5:20:00 PM More reviews by shley

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The smell of this product is awful.
The consistancy is way too waxy for my liking.
But if you can get past those two things and get this product on to your skin, it blends so nicely and looks great.
You really have to swirl your finger in the product to get past the hard layer. Once you get past that the waxy texture is much easier to work with. Don't give up on it! I feel like that is why there are so many negative reviews.
I honestly didn't pay full price for this, got it during the sale. I'd wait to get it then since not all of the colors will compliment every skin tone.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/15/2012 5:15:00 PM More reviews by Tshank777

I like this product but don't love it. I think it could be better as far as a creamy consistency and opaqueness. But overall it blends well and colors are nice to blend. And you will want to blend and mix to make them your own colors. It works well when used together with the other colors.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/27/2012 5:24:00 PM More reviews by Setiva123

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this!

Maybe I don't have any patience to work with this but after using twice, that is enough for me to decide I don't like it.

First, the consistency is very waxy and not easily blendable even with heat and the use of eye creams. I used a brush first then a sponge then a brush onto my hand to try to emulsify it and still just difficult to spread.

Second, it creases even with the use of my Benefit Stay Don't Stray which works for most of my other concealers to keep it from creasing. It also accentuates my lines.

Third, it stinks! I can still smell it right now. I'm not picky with scents but it smells like rancid olive oil to me and I just can't take it.

The shades are okay, with the exception of the peach corrector which is so orangy I think it will not work for a lot of people. The convenience is great too, I just wish this could have been an HG for me at $18 but sadly it is not :(

On to the next one!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2012 7:56:00 AM More reviews by applecour

I bought this yesterday because I had seen a similar product used in a youtube video, so I figured what the heck.

I used the lightest color alone on my left under eye area, then on my right under eye area I put the orange color with the light color overtop. I definitely saw more coverage on that side, but nothing to write home about. I put my Palladio powder over it and it looked ok. A few hours later when I got home I looked like I had wrinkles all under my eyes like old people get. Even when I wasn't smiling! And when I stretched the skin I saw lines of the product like a zebra.

They also seem gooey to me, like they have a lot of oil in them or something. I'm returning it today. ALWAYS KEEP YOUR RECEIPTS LADIES! (:

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2012 4:37:00 PM More reviews by yeekathleen

I really like this concealer, I think they've fixed this product recently because I did a lot of research before buying this concealer. Mostly every review complains about how all the concealers have a different texture, like one is goopy, the other is waxy...well all 5 of my concealers are the same texture-hard, waxy (NONE are goopy!) You might think hard & waxy?! It's not going to be blendable!! But the truth is, yes it might not be super creamy, but it is blendable! What I do is dab my finger in a concealer and apply it on my dark undereyes and it blends wonderfully! Of course if you apply too much there will be creasing and your fine lines will start applying, but for how little I use, it goes a long way and it doesn't settle in my fine lines. (Plus make sure you moisturize before apply any concealer, this just makes it look more natural/ easier&smoother application) I bought this mainly for the orange concealer, I have dark dark dark under eye circles, not the ones from not sleeping, the hereditary ones! It works well with canceling out the purpleish tones. It doesnt cover it completely (no concealer so far has) but I top it off with the typical two-shades lighter concealer and this combo has been most effective in covering my circles. Oh yeah, and don't forget to finish off with a powder, since I feel like if I didnt, it would melt off in an instance. The staying power is pretty well. I think aprox...8hrs? Overall, I love this concealer!
The only 2 cons would be that 1) yes, it does have that plastic-y scent to it, only noticeable sometimes when you open the palette to get concealer, but once it's on your eye it doesn't smell!
2) Online it said it was $14, but when I went to VS, it was $18. I still bought it because VS had that "anything over $10, you'll get a secret reward card" deal so I decided to still buy it. I think it is a great deal even if it's price was +$4. $18 for 5 concealers is still a good deal.
Last thing I would like to add is, if you're really skeptical about this concealer, next time you go to VS, try the tester! Oh yeah not to mention, the first time you open this concealer you have...hmm...play with the concealer a little bit because the top layer will be harder and waxyer. Give it a couple days until you write a review about it!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2011 3:49:00 AM More reviews by miiiamiu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

As mentioned in the other reviews, I agree that the consistency of the product is a bit too dense and stiff. You should be careful to apply it on your dark circles, as the under eye skin is very delicate. However, I do want to testify to the effectiveness of the product: the dense and stiff texture works the best, especially for concealing, so appreciate it and just be careful with application. The correctors are very pigmented, so apply in moderation. The brown concealer is good at correcting the mixtures, if they are too light, especially if your skin is olive/tan with golden undertones like mine.Once you get used to the texture of the concealers, then you will grow to love this product, as it is one of the best concealers i've ever used, especially for under eye and even hiding the redness under my nostrils. The brush that is included is useful, but consider getting a stiff small concealer brush and then blending with a small concealer brush. Set with a yellowish/beige powder or pressed foundation. The palette is a bit hard to open.