Maybelline Color Sensational Let Me Pink

4.8

on 8/17/2015 6:04:00 PM

Love love love all the way. Creamy, pigmented, lasting, doesn't enhance dryness and even when the product fades, it leaves a pink stain on my lips. Wear lightly for spring/summer and can darken up for fall and/or winter mornings. Equally pigmented with or without lipliner. This is a very very wearable pink.

(I personally hate those blue toned barbie doll bubblegum pinks...honestly, they look kind of strange and odd and I do not think anyone can pull off extremely blue toned barbie/bubblegum/candy pink in real life)

I have tried a lot of pink lipsticks in search for "my perfect pink"....and this one it is!

Like someone else mentioned in their review....drugstore lipstick done right. I would only edit that slightly to say "Lipstick done right"

Will repurchase.

PS. One complaint. Just two lippies for packaging. The only way to make out what color the lipstick will be is from the bit of colored paper on the bottom of the tube. May be Maybelline should look into making the top of the tube (of all their Color Sensational lipsticks) transparent so we can see the color of the actual product.

on 6/20/2015 1:51:00 PM

I keep buying and buying lipsticks, looking for "the" one. Not sure yet if this is it, but it definitely is in the running. I just bought Touchable Taupe yesterday and I think it's ok for a base, with a pinky gloss or brighter color mixed together, but Let Me Pink is really girly and feminine! I took quite a while searching the drugstore, and I suggest you check all the shades when searching for a pink, a natural, a plum, etc. This was the darkest pink in the "pink" slots. I normally would have thought this would be in the "plum" slot - that's why I suggest you check all of them. Sometimes the brown shades are more of a "red", and this color is definitely more of a lighter plum. It's not fuchsia, or mauve, but a nice dark pink. I purchased it at Meijer for $4 - nice deal!

on 2/16/2015 5:12:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love this colour on my skin! I'm quite pale and it's a good alternative for a dramatic dark red/plum colour for us paler people. The taste is good and it lasts for a really long time. It also doesn't dry out my lips. I'm kind of surprised it's called "Let Me Pink" as it's more of a light plum colour.

on 2/15/2015 1:42:00 PM

I am surprised by how much I like this lipstick. I bought it on a whim, as I usually do not but drugstore lipsticks, but this is nicer than some of the HE brands I have tried. It is creamy and long wearing. I find I only have to re-apply maybe one or two times during the day. The scent is light but not offensive to me. The color is a mid tone pink on my lips and I am really pleased with this lipstick.

on 10/28/2014 9:58:00 PM

This color is perfect! Not too light or dark, great for day or night. Love it.

on 6/7/2014 2:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I adore this color!!! It smooths on beautifully and is a mix between red and a little pink. It's a deep color and it beautiful!!!

I absolutely love this lipstick! I think this is probably my favorite lipstick that I have ever tried. I have pale skin, and this color just brings it out beautifully. I look best in plum colors and this is the most flattering shade of plum/mauve. The formula is perfect for me, best formula I have tried in drugstore and high end products. I usually have some dead skin on my lips and this does not make it stand out like most other brands I have tried and the longevity is impressive. When the color does start to fade off it does so very evenly and not in patches like other brands. I will be trying other shades!

on 12/15/2012 2:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Deep Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I am having a pink month! It is crazy and it feels great. I could never find the right pink shades and thought old time purple and newly tried fuchsia were all that would work on my skin tone in this category but since the middle of November, I have amassed quite the pink collection! Let Me Pink is my most recent addition and it is a lovely, lovely one at that! This is yet another VERY flattering pink on dark skin. I am NW45 in MAC and this looks STUNNING on me! I keep receiving complements everywhere and even the cosmetics staff at Rexall, where I got it, could not take her eyes off me or stop with the complements lol.

Let Me Pink does not have shimmer. It is an opaque and satiny medium to deep pink shade. I have a hard time describing this beauty but I really LOVE that it is a rich yet soft pink which makes a lovely alternative to your everyday nudes, peaches and corals. Go ahead and have a pinker day! Let your lips pink ;)

on 9/4/2012 7:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Other, Medium

This is an example of a drugstore lipstick done right. Great work Maybelline! I don't usually shop drugstore lipsticks, but on my budget in this economy, it's now a necessity. It applies smoothly, stays on fairly well and fades nicely. It's a great on my cool, fair skin adding just the right pop of color.

This lipstick formula can easily compete with Clinique and Lancome and is a better value for those of us on a budget.

on 9/23/2011 11:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Love this lipstick! I'm quite impressed with how saturated the color is - it really lives up to the line's claims. The color is a dark and rich purplish pink, but not isn't so saturated that it looks unnatural. It works perfectly with my warm, lighter Asian skin tone. Bluish pinks don't work on me but this one has purple tones and is perfect. The color is sophisticated and bold, and reminds me of an "English rose" aesthetic; I can imagine wearing a cardigan with large rose prints on it, or something vintage-y with lace edges. And sitting in a dark, green verdant garden :).

Recommended for Medium Skin