April 24, 2014 | 2037 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Korres - Materia Herba Moisturising Eye Cream [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2011 8:35:00 AM More reviews by milkypop

I never used to use eye cream on a consistent basis because my under-eye is very prone to millia, i have relatively oily acne-prone skin and some products even break me out in pimples around the eye area (hello Clinique's All About Eyes). Also, though i have hereditary dark circles i am not so prone to undereye wrinkles, so i stayed away from eye cream.

However as i got older (im 27 now) i just feel like age is catching up on me. The signs are there, my undereyes look more hollow now and tiny fine lines are beginning to show. High time to stock up on a reliable eye cream, right? Honestly i wasn't expecting to find a miracle worker or anything like that. I just wanted something that hydrates over the long hours of a day without irritating my skin, and something formulated WITHOUT the harmful substances that most cosmetic companies put in their products (parabens etc).

I'm so happy i found this. As we know, NOTHING ever erases undereye darkness (especially since mine are hereditary). I used to buy undereye concealers like mad because i was so terribly embarrassed by my dark circles and i would never step out the door without concealer. It was so bad to the extent that I always told myself "concealer is the first step to looking even remotely human". After using this for about a month, though the darkness is not quite reduced, my undereye area just looks alot more plump, healthy and they feel tender and moist like a child's skin. Coupled with the moisturizer in the same Materia Herba line, i stopped overloading on concealer and i don't even go out with foundation anymore because this just makes my skin look so healthy and radiant. This eye cream is really really hydrating, without being greasy. It locks in moisture over long hours. I only need to use this at night because that's all my oily skin needs. Would buy again despite the heavy cost. It works and i'll stick with it.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2011 2:56:00 AM More reviews by 1122Mary

I have tried other treatments, and I'm very happy with this one, I would buy it again. It is natural, so it is not irritating for my sensitive skin and I agree with the comment below, it is an amazing base for concealer and it does not leave any white residues. It is very moisturizing but my dark circles are still there (I have dark circles since I'm six, so I do not expect miracles) but my eyes look much better!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2011 8:08:00 AM More reviews by Twinla

I was just wondering if you use the eye cream during night time or only during the day?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2011 9:39:00 PM More reviews by mchampion

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have this in the Anti-Aging formula and it is HANDS DOWN the absolute BEST eye cream I have ever used and I have tried EVERYTHING to get rid of dark circles. I really liked the moisturizing formula too but this tops it. This has done wonders for my dark circles, fine lines in only a week and it doesn't break me out. It is truly a miracle eye cream. LOVE IT !!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2010 9:51:00 PM More reviews by iliana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Oh my god i am in eye cream heaven! This is by far the best eye cream i have ever tried(and i have tried many many, trust me).
    I have always had issues with eye puffiness as well as with dark circles. As a result, i looked as if i was always tired and many people told me that because of my skin, i look 26+ even though i am only 20 (smoker's lines contributed to that too). And then it hit me: If i do look 26 at the age of 20, how old will i look when i actually hit 26?
    On my quest for the perfect eye and face moisturisers that could reverse the damage (caused by smoking, sun exposure, alcohol, stress etc) only one brand seemed good enough to pull this off: Korres. I got Materia Herba eye cream and Quercetin and Oak cream for the face.
    When i got home, i removed my make-up and only applied the cream under only one eye. To be honest i didn't expect too much because, after all, it's just a cream, not a plastic surgeon. But this cream proved me wrong cause once my skin absorbed it, the result was dramatic. I saw the dark circles and the puffiness i have been trying to fight since the age of 16 dissapear in front of my eyes! Korres did what La Prairie, La Mer, Chanel, Estee Lauder(and all the other high end brand eye creams i've tried) couldn't. Firm, radiant, youthfull, flawless and perfectly hydrated undereye area after only one, i repeat, ONE application.
    What makes me love this even more? Results are actually real and last in the long term, we are not talking about a temporary result that goes poof! after a couple of hours(i'm on the third week of use by the way). Last week, i went on 3-day vacation to visit a friend and i forgot to bring the cream with me... I was shocked, how would i last 3 days without my miracle worker? It turns out, it all went smoothly. After 3 days of using no eye cream whatsoever, dark circles+puffiness didn't make a come-back. Korres Materia Herba Eye Cream was created to become a woman's Holy Grail.
    FORMULA FACTS:
    Recunstructing action through anti-ageing benefits
    Advanced Moisturising action
    Maximum compatibility with the skin
    97.07% of the total ingrendients from Natural Origin
    11.68% of total ingredients from Organic Farming
    Natural and Organic Cosmetic Certified by ECOCERT SAS - F32600 according to Ecocert standards.
    Ph-neutral, Suitable for vegeterians, All packaging components recyclable (paper, PP, PE).
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    No Mineral Oil, No Petrolatum/Paraffin Wax, No Silicones, No Parabens, No Propylene Glycol, No Ethanolamines, No PEG, No SLES, No ALES, No sunthetic Dye, No Phthalates, No Fragrance, No Polycyclic musks, No Alcohol**, No Retinol, No Animal By-products, No Animal Testing.
    ** Contains only Cetearyl Alcohol which is a vegetable source fatty alcohol derived from natural oils and fats (cetyl and stearyl alcohol) used to thicken and stabilize formulations and has 0 score on cosmeticsdatabase.com hazzard scale.
    Ingredients: Aqua (water), Cetearyl Alcohol, Helianthus Annuus (sunflower) Seed Oil *, Melissa Officinalis Flower/Leaf/Stem Water*, Glycerin*, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Benzyl Alcohol, Nicrocrystalline Cellulose, Cetearyl Glucoside, Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate, Butyrospermum Parkii(shea butter)*, Simmondsia Chinensis (jojoba) seed oil*, Xanthan Gum, Cellulose Gum, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Tocopherol, Sodium Phytate, Glycine soja(soybean) oil *, Sambucus Nigra Flower Extract *, Chlorella Vulgaris Extract, Plantago Lanceolata Extract *, Citric Acid, Dehydroacetic Acid, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate.
    {* Proceeding From Organic Farming }
    Clinical Studies:
    - Increases Skin Hydration by 53% after 2 hours (immediate moisturising effect).
    -The moisturising effect was maintained after 8 hours (in vivo clinical test among 20 women 22-57years, 2, 4, 6 and 8 hours after a single application.
    -According to in vivo clinical test, it was observed that a cream containing Chlorella Vulgaris Extract after 28 days of use decreases pigmentation of the skin in 73% of the volunteers.
    Overall : Of course this is an HG and i will definately repurchase. Costs 22Euro in Greece(all Korres products are cheaper in Greece comparing to other countries, since Korres is a Greek company)., 27Euro in Europe and i think it's about 40-45USD in USA(not sure so don't quote me on that). This cream is also available in anti-ageing formula for more mature ladies - this (rather long :p) review is for the regular formula.
    *** UPDATE 02/07/2012 ****

Today i opened the 5th tube of this cream and yes, i still ADORE it and yes, it is still my HG of HGs!

15 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2010 9:00:00 PM More reviews by IoannaAmeerah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Superb! I have tried quite few eye treatments including Korres' eye bright,Estee Lauder, Guerlain, vichy, Kiehl's, Boots and Clinique. This is the best by far... I have the tube for about 6 months now and I use it only as an eye cream. It is an amazing base for my concealer and it does not leave any white residues. It is very moisturizing and overtime I noticed it lights up the skin around they eyes.. I cannot comment about black circles since I don't have any. Absolutely recommended :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2009 11:14:00 PM More reviews by almighty_curv

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Materia Herba is the new range from Korres which promotes itself as being made of at least 90% natural ingredients. It comes in your typical 'syringe' style tube and has a average herbal smell. Here in Australia it retails for about 65 dollars which is about mid range pricing.

This eye moisturiser smoothes eyepuffiness and vascular imperfections. With potent antioxidant Sunflower oil and Shea butter, Plantago and Sambucus extracts.
    According to Korres' clinical trials this moisturiser showed an increase of skin hydration by 53% after 2 hours (immediate moisturising effect) which was maintained for 8 hours and the cream (containing Chlorella vulgaris extract), after 28 days of use, decreases the pigmentation of the skin in 73% of the volunteers.

Use
    Apply daily around the eyes, avoiding the upper-eyelid area.

I personally found this cream to be very effective. I'm very sceptical of eye treatments in general but found this to be very moisturising and very good at decreasing the dark pigments under my eyes both during the day and night. Will continue to buy this until I start to worry about wrinkles. Also interested in trying the rest of the Materia Herba line

11 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No