Philosophy Hope Springs Eternal

3.2

on 1/12/2015 4:48:00 AM

I bought this spray, thinking I needed it to moisturize my skin during a dry,hot summer in Las Vegas. I found that you shouldn't spray water on your face in climates like this, because it will dry out your skin even more. So I used this at home, when I was bored. It smells very strong and perfumey, which I though was too heavy for the type of product it was. I wouldn't have minded something light and natural smelling. I don't think it did anything for my skin really. If I were interested in this type of product for whatever reason in the future, I would probably try to find something else.

on 2/28/2013 9:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I bought this in hopes that it would be more moisturizing than the mineral water mists I usually buy. It's not. Plus it has a fragrance -- I don't mind too much but I'm sure if I used it on a plane others would mind. Also, it comes in a big bottle and this mist isn't as fine. At least the mineral waters come in small, leak-proof canisters that you can travel with.

on 9/19/2012 8:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I love this moisturizing mineral mist.

I would definitely repurchase. It's not available at Sephora anymore but it looks you can pick it up online for not-too-much hassle.

I use this with my liquid foundation as sort of a setting mist. I place my foundation (which can look cakey some days) and then mist my face. After misting, I buff the mist into my foundation with my synthetic mac 187. This leaves a nice glow and dissolves the cake-iness. I love this mist, with and without foundation and will continue to use it, especially after reading the ingredients on Drugstore.com, "deep sea water: jammed packed with over 250 minerals
hyaluronic acid: an effective humectant that binds water within the skin; hydrating properties can help result in increased smoothness and softening of the skin.
beta glucan: an immune booster known for its ability to help the body repair damage and promote overall skin health"

It lasts forever (I've had my bottle at least a year or two) and seems to me to be a great value for $20. I haven't used anything from philosophy that I didn't love, except for the eye cream.

on 6/26/2011 2:49:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I'm on my 6th or 7th bottle of this. I love it! It adds just the right amount of moisture for oily skin. It helps tighten pores, and, sprayed on legs after shaving, it keeps bumps away. It's wonderful for spritzing on my face just as I wake up. The scent is uplifting and energizing, and this toner feels revitalizing and invigorating. It's great any time of day, and sprayed lightly, it sets makeup. I love this for my whole body.

on 2/28/2011 6:36:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I don't get the negative reviews for this based on smell - it does have an herbal scent to it - but nothing over powering, and it goes away in a minute or two. This is one of the few sprays I can use to set my makeup and throughout the day without my face flaking or having my makeup run from the spray. I use this at least once a day and my bottle has lasted over 2 months. I'd repurchase it (and have).

on 10/29/2010 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I hated this spray when I first got it, mainly because I thought it smelled vile, but I've recently come to love it. I've been using it daily for the last month or so and have 2/3 of the bottle left. It sets my makeup very nicely, taking away the powdery finish and keeping everything in place for several hours.

on 5/12/2010 9:43:00 PM

This did little for me. The smell is decent. It is refreshing when you mist it on your face, as is water. I don't notice any lasting moisturizing or balancing, toning etc.effect. I'm going back to Caudalie for a splurge or Evian spritzers if I'm at the drug store. Very uneventful.

on 5/10/2010 5:59:00 PM

This product was recommended to me by the lady at Sephora on the basis of my skin drying up throughout the day. She said this would help it stay hydrated. It comes in a plastic clear spray bottle. It contains minerals and hyaluronic acid to maintain moisture, but for the price....I am left unimpressed. It does hydrate, but it's a spray. It smells nice and fresh...hardly like "saliva" as was previously stated. More herbal and floral notes...clean. But, it doesn't do anything wonderful or "pop" worthy. It was unimpressive.
I would not buy this again. Sorry.

on 4/18/2010 12:16:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

I am used to using Caudalie so I'm spoiled by the fine mist. I bought this product, because you get a bigger size for less month. Big mistake, its not as moisturizing as caudalie, the spray is a splash and too much product disperses, I dont want to take a shower, I want to set my makeup. Also, the scent is sorta fruity but doesnt dissipates so it lingers on and gets very rancid on a hot day. There are far more beauty mist/toner sprays I can invest in. I will be returning this.

on 12/26/2009 2:46:00 PM

I have tried almost every facial mist on the market, so as a fan of Philosophy products, I had to give Hope Springs Eternal a try. At $26 CAD for 150 mL, it is really not too pricey; however I really can't get past the wretched scent of this mist. To me, this smells like saliva and unfortunately once you spritz it onto your face, the scent sticks around for a while. It is really unpleasant and detracts from what the mist actually does.

In terms of the actual mist, it is mediocre and does somewhat keep my skin hydrated for a light pick-me-up when my face is feeling dry. I will not repurchase unless they change the scent!

Popular Treatments (Face)