August 1, 2014 | 1962 users online

Fragrances - CJ Scents- Serene

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2012 7:20:00 PM More reviews by sunshinesmile

Very nice. Tried this for the second time today and was really able to appreciate it. I normally don't like powdery smells but this one is just so comforting. Will be wearing this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2011 10:38:00 PM More reviews by prettykitty1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

This is the most luxurious, comforting lavender scent I've ever tried. It's blended with amber and vanilla in such a way that it conjures up images of warm fabrics like velvet, velour, and fleece. Call me crazy, but Serene has an intensely plush, smooth feel to it, not just in my mind but in my nasal passages when I inhale the fragrance from my wrist.

Lavender essential oil can be a touch medicinal or bitter when sniffed straight from the bottle, but the lavender note in Serene never comes across that way. It's pillowy soft, intensely warm, and almost gourmand in the way it weaves in and out of the sugary sweet vanilla.

If you like soothing, moderately powdery scents, don't miss the chance to sample this one. It's perfection for vanilla fiends and lavender lovers alike.

EDIT: Five months after trying this for the first time, I'm back with an update because I've sniffed Nantucket Briar by Crabtree and Evelyn, and I'm pleasantly surprised to find that these two scents are almost identical, at least on my skin. Both are very creamy and powdery and plush-feeling, resulting in a sensation of something pillowy soft. So if you like one, you'll probably like the other. The difference between them is that Serene has an obvious lavender note, while Nantucket Briar has a mixed floral scent.

I haven't smelled Nantucket Briar in about twenty years, and I'm glad to know that if CJ Scents Serene is ever discontinued, I'll be able to fall back on this as an alternative.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2009 8:04:00 AM More reviews by selkins

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Notes: lavender, amber, vanilla
Serene is very aptly named. I find this so calming & peaceful. It is clean without being "dryer sheet", soft and rounded in feel. I find CJ Scents to usually be perfectly balanced for me on the sweet/dry scale; in this case the usual sharpness of the lavender perfectly balanced by the sweeter vanilla and complexity and depth added with the amber. Wonderful fragrance for relaxing.