October 30, 2014 | 1199 users online

Eyeliner - Kat Von D - Tattoo Liner

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2014 4:13:00 PM More reviews by queenofthenile

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't know of a better eyeliner than this one. I'm a lover of winged liner and this little gem helps me achieve the perfect look. I'm not blessed with a steady hand but I still find it easy to draw a clean line due to the soft pointed tip. The product flows easily and evenly and is not the least bit messy. It stays put all day, even on my oily lids (although I use an UD primer first), but still washes off easily. I can't say enough good things about this eyeliner. It's something my makeup bag will never be without.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2014 11:46:00 AM More reviews by sharonbeautyprime

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my first love with Kat Von D Tattoo eyeliner in Trooper (0.007 oz). I got this as a freebie when I ordered my Urban Decay Naked2 Basics. It's smooth and doesn't smudge. I like the liquidy liner formula and the tip is thin and soft. The liquid flows easily and it's fun to play with many different look. Winged or cat, you name it. But, I did my cat eye makeup look and it makes drawing a thin line so much easier. With the short pencil design, I can control the liner better, perfect cat eye look without much effort. The formula seems to dries up quickly and it leaves some watery finish look. This tattoo liner is easier removed with eye remover. I use my Estee Lauder eye remover once I'm done wearing it for the day.

Overall, I love how it glides and not causing irritation in my eyes. That's a plus point for Kat Von D Tattoo liner.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2014 11:11:00 AM More reviews by phylalexan

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Excellent product! this is the best liquid eyeliner I have used yet... love it as it so easy to use - I can put this on in seconds which makes me wear it all the time.... just super easy, wish it came in brown also.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2014 12:13:00 PM More reviews by irinapolla

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is such an amazing liner! I do not master the cat eye flick, except with this baby. Simple packaging, decent price and excellent quality. It's incredibly easy to use, you can make the line as thin or thick as you want. Will definitely purchase again and won't be wasting my money on other liners.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2014 1:33:00 AM More reviews by tiaracymone

This has to really be the best liquid eyeliner every made, it is a blessing from the heavens above.My main problem in finding one i could be content with was the pigment.This is a true black that doesnt need to be heavily layerd to get a nice color. It does NOT flake under any circumstances or smudge.I have gone to party and literally washed my face avoiding my eyes bc there is no need to redo the eyeliner.At first i was really disappointed because it did not come out fluidly like how one of the advisors put it on my in sephora.However after i just started writing on my hand it came out properly . It is also a good price at less than $20 and lasts a decent amount of time.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2014 11:10:00 PM More reviews by scarattina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff is just "ok" to me. I also bought it for the finely pointed brush, but was disappointed with the color payoff (not black enough) and the formula.

Already mentioned it's not black enough...kind of has a sheen to it that I also don't really like. Makes it look more grey than black. (When I swatch it on my hand it looks darker.)

The formula is also no good. As a few others are saying, it removes itself when you paint on top of it, even if you are working incredibly quickly. Almost no way around this. It's annoying too because you have to brush several times to even get the product to come out onto the brush and then that makes it chip off.

This eyeliner lasts and lasts, nearly waterproof! However, in order to disperse the product onto the brush, you have to stroke it on your hand first. That means you also have to take the extra time to scrub it off of your hand.

I've been using this for about 2-3 months and will probably go look to purchase something better. I'm disappointed as it seemed very promising in the store when I tested it, but the negative MUA reviews slowly started to make sense to me. I have to say my cheaper Almay was better looking than this but was harder to use, so this one will have to be a no-go.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/19/2014 3:12:00 PM More reviews by RideTheLightning

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This eyeliner is kind of a mixed bag for me. While I LOVE the thin tip and it works great for getting a smooth and precise wing I'm just not a fan of the formula or the price. I'm not sure if I got a dud or not but it took about 1 week of regular use (and vigorous shaking) for the liner to become at all opaque. And even once it stopped being a thin consistency I still found that I'd have to go over my lines. And for $18 that's no good for me. Also, my drugstore alternative to this (which doesn't have the same thin brush I LOVE in this) has 1.5 ml while this one only has .55 ml, which goes even quicker because I have to go over the line again and again.

I can't say i'll be repurchasing, but it certainly isn't the worst eyeliner I've ever tried.

PROS:
-Great thin tip
-The bristles don't splay out

CONS:
-Thin formula
-Not enough product
-Not the blackest black
-You have to shake/press the tip of the brush constantly to achieve an opaque wing.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2014 9:46:00 PM More reviews by tmill

I picked this up after finding I couldn't get my Tarte MultiplEYE liner any longer. I liked the detailed brush it had and was very disappointed at not being able to find it.

This liner has the same application type--a detailed brush that allows for super fine lines where I need them. It's very black and stays put--no flaking, no rubbing off. It's exactly what I was looking for and I'm very pleased to have found something I can use now in place of my favorite Tarte. I will purchase this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/12/2014 4:45:00 PM More reviews by PeonyRed

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

(I got this in Trooper, the black one)
Well, I'll give you the summary: not pigmented, not long wearing, and therefore totally overpriced, and it will go back to Sephora.

Now, let me go into depth: I am quite surprised, as I heard that this eyeliner is very similar to Stila's, which I really enjoy and have bought multiple times. What is different, at first glance, is the applicator. This one has a brush applicator, something I was looking for. However, the ink itself is lacking in pigmentation, and when I go over the line I've made, it actually removes the product, making my line patchy and streaky. This is curious, as it swatches nicely on my hand.
I also stored it upside down, incase the ink is stuck in the pen somehow. That changed nothing, however, and I finished my cat-eye with my old, dried up Stila pen. It did better.

This pen is over $20, and honestly, Stila, Sephora, and NYC liquid eyeliners are better than this. I don't understand why it didn't perform well, as you'd think Kat Von D would have very dark eyeliners to offer, but it is what it is. I got a NYC eyeliner for $4 instead and will be returning this. Really too bad.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/11/2014 3:54:00 PM More reviews by norahhx0419

I saw all the amazing reviews about this product so i purchased it at Sephora. It was amazing the first few times i wore it and after 2 weeks it became try and would pick up any residue on my eyes. Even when i had primer on it was streaky, and i kept trying to go over it but the formula wouldnt let me go over it again. I find myself having to constantly wipe the brush to use it. So i exchanged it at sephora for another one and after a month it started to do the same exact thing.. it stays on but the application is difficult and having oily lids it starts to wear off after about 2 hours. Its not worth the 20$ i spent on this..id rather buy one at the drugstore for 10$