October 20, 2014 | 1612 users online

Powder - Origins - Multi-Grain Makeup

rated 3 of 5 on 11/4/2012 10:59:00 PM More reviews by spunkha

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

this product has been discontinued but i picked it up from a blogsale.

i have the colour MEDIUM, and it has definite pink/red undertones. me being a true warm undertone NC25, the colour seemed quite offputting when i first opened the jar. however, the product is alot darker in the jar than when actually applied. this colour gives me just a hint of warmth that i quite like :)

as far as the quality of the product goes, i think this is an interesting product. it doesn't give that much coverage, as say, EDM or BM, but the finish this gives - a satiny glowy but not shimmery at all - is something i've yet to find in other mineral powders. for those who need heavier coverage, i would suggest only using this as a finishing powder, as this will not be sufficient if you were planning to cover acne scars.

the texture is a little bit gritty (like it gathers in small balls) but i think that's largely due to the 'multi-grain' nature of the product.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/26/2012 12:01:00 PM More reviews by emily25

I purchased on a whim from and outlet store. I began to itch the first time wore it. Gave me a "shine" which looked awful on my 53 yr old skin. I also broke out with cystic acne. For some reason, I just cannot wear mineral makeup at all. I would not buy this again

rated 1 of 5 on 3/22/2012 2:07:00 AM More reviews by jpie0510

Super disappointed in this powder foundation, which makes me sad since I used to love Origins products. I had been using Laura Mercier's powder foundation, but wanted something cheaper. At $10 less, I had high hopes that I had found a replacement. I found out quickly why it was $10 less:

1) Bad packaging. It took some serious effort to remove the plastic film covering the opening. It was practically glued on, and I ended up having to use a razor to scrap it off.

2) The powder is much coarser than other powder foundations, even after using a brush to break it up. An even application was near impossible with the coarseness of the powder

3) The coverage is minimal - even multiple layers of application provided barely any coverage. Your skin has to be almost blemish free for this to provide that "flawless" finish. In addition, the multiple layers requires using more product.

4) There's just less product in this container than with other powder foundations that I've used.

Overall, this product lasted me 2 months compared to the average of 3 months with similar items and provided less coverage.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2011 3:21:00 PM More reviews by sem71

This product was appealing because it claims that it will improve the radiance of your skin, and I feel as though it did make may skin look a bit brighter, but it did not cover anything. I used it as my foundation and it was just disappointing, they also dont have a very wide range of colors and I was not sure the color I got was a good match for my skin, but anything darker would have been way to dark. The price on this product was fair but I ended up taking it back.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2011 12:13:00 PM More reviews by sbiringer

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product for less than a week and I already love it! I am lucky enough to have a Cosmetics Company Outlet in my area and was able to purchase it for 30% less than retail! Once I use a concealer to cover my blemishes, multi grain provides nice coverage that looks natural. Sometimes I need to reapply during the day because my t-zone gets oily but I never end up with the caked-on look.
I can't remember the last time I used liquid foundation. One of the reasons I stopped using that was because I hated to get my hands messy! Some have complained about the sifter but I actually like the fact that not a lot comes out at first. When I would use Bare Escentuals, there was always so much product that came flying at me when I opened it. I would definitely buy this product again.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/17/2011 5:24:00 PM More reviews by aleksis210

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Tried this on a whim after wanting to downsize my beauty regimen. I think everyone has touched on the fact that there are not very many colors. I decided to go with light/medium.

Coverage is very minimal, if you have anything to cover at all it can be buildable using the technique I like to use of spraying my brush with fix+ before applying it to skin (or any other enhanced water spray), but it will take a very long time and use up quite a bit of product.

The pros of it not having much coverage however, is that there aren't too many irritating fillers that make the minerals adhere to skin better. This also means that when I layer it, it does not cake and settle into lines or pores, but actually has a soft look and feel.

On that note it did not irritate my skin, it did clog a few pores on my forehead, but they were so tiny and that was only after the first use.

The reason I won't be buying this again is the fact that I do have quite a bit to cover at the moment and I don't have the patience to do the layering technique every time I want to wear it. The second reason is after seeing pictures of myself wearing this makeup it is very grayish looking for whatever reason. I'm looking to try the Korres mineral makeup next.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2011 6:55:00 PM More reviews by dbmiller

Well, so far I hate this. I was nervous about it too. First off, this doesn't have the amount of coverage I am looking for. Secondly, this looked very dry and chalky on me. I already have very dry skin, the last thing i want to do is accentuate it, which this definately did. I appreciate the SPF. I also appreciate all the natural ingredients, but all that means nothing when it doesn't look good. It was hard to look at myself in the mirror throughout the day and not imagine the agony my skin is in. I am going to try applying a little more concealer, and some Bare Escentuals Illuminating Mineral Veil over this next time so that maybe I won't have to send it back. I have my doubts tho...I will update...

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2011 12:25:00 PM More reviews by Scarlet1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this in shade Medium and have used it religously over my foundation as a setting powder. It lasts all day and has a gleen to it that I really love. The color doesn't turn, it doesn't feel heavy, and it doesn't bother my skin. Has natural ingredients which is a plus and makes my skin look amazing. I wish they gave you more product and wish the sifter was better but love the results this gives.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2011 4:05:00 PM More reviews by interness

Geat product.
the best powder foundation I ever used
except for I chose the wrong shade.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2010 2:10:00 AM More reviews by okidoki35

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The product contains SPF 14 (titanium dioxide). The powder didn't dry me out, or give me this itchy feeling like some mineral powder does. It did what it supposed to, and looked very sheer upon application. Friends had commented that my skin looked smooth so I took that as a good sign. It does have a scent, if i intentionally smell it, but not noticeable once it's on my face. The packaging, is the typical for mineral powder. There were 21 holes/opening inside, and i only used 1/2 of them and left the rest close off w/ the original clear cover. The inside of the lid, has another extra 'ring'/circle', so the powder do settled in between the spaces. I didn't see that extra ring in the bare escentuals products. Other than that, the product did what it was supposed to do for me. I probably won't use it again just b/c it's a bit of a hassle to travel with it. I do like it better than bare escentuals and the MAC mineral powder foundations. Overall I would recommend it if u want to try mineral powder.