April 18, 2014 | 1808 users online

Lipstick - Maybelline - Color Sensational - Peachy Scene

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2013 10:23:00 PM More reviews by Rachel1234

This is a gorgeous true peach color with pearl finish. Maybe the slightest, teeniest, tiniest hint of pink (which only becomes apparent if I am actually wearing pink). Love it for spring and summer! Heck, I'm still going to wear it in fall and winter, because it's so incredibly pretty and flattering! :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2013 2:17:00 AM More reviews by uraznbabygurl

I can do without the frost with this lipstick. It's a good thing that the frost factor is very subtle. Any more amount of frost would be a total nay for me. Peachy Scene is a beautiful pinky-peach on my light-medium yellow toned skin. It lasts a decent amount of time and doesn't worsen the dryness of my lips. I will definitely repurchase this again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2013 11:25:00 PM More reviews by MissLerina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Shade description: warm peach w/pearl finish

Pros

- pigmented
- creamy

Cons

- drying
- frosty

Comments: This is a true peach with a pearl finish, but it still appears frosty. It would be a nice lipstick if it weren't for the finish.

Will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2013 2:20:00 PM More reviews by STomalino

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love the whole color sensational line, and this color is fantastic. I've been looking for a warm pinky-peach color for ages, and this is exactly what I wanted! I don't see the frosty tint to this that other reviewers mention, just a lovely moisturizing lipstick with superb color pay-off and wearability.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2012 9:08:00 AM More reviews by helenmelon13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This is currently the best drugstore lipstick I have. I have naturally reddish color lips and I have heard that it is good to choose lipsticks that have a bit darker color than you lips, so I tried this lipstick and I love it!! The color covers up the dark color of my lips and it doesn't look really dramatic, which totally suits everyday use. It also has a bit of a shimmer in it, so it's not super matte, which I don't really like. It is somewhat moisturizing in the beginning, but I still suggest putting on lip balm before this lipstick. The smell is also really nice, kind of buttery :) Plus, since it's a drugstore product, the price is not expensive at all, so I will definitely buy one if I'm on budget.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/11/2012 4:40:00 AM More reviews by iamandaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

it gives off a very matallic sheen and i dont like that, for those who don't mind you'll love this product.

the color is very pigmented, the scent isnt too bothersome

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2011 12:58:00 AM More reviews by pinkfrost52

I love the colour, but I hate the frosty finish! It's a nice light pink that leans towards a coral and has semi opaque coverage. This colour suits warmer skin tones and is very wearable on a day-to-day basis. The formula of this particular shade was a bit too drying for my liking. Don't buy if you hate frosty formulas! That was my big mistake. If Maybelline made a creme finish with the same colour, I would repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2011 9:31:00 AM More reviews by IslandGirlSPN

This is a beautiful frosty warm peach shade. Lovely in the tube but made me look washed out and just...blah. (NC25 here) In my 20's I wore shades similar to this but had used heavy lipliner to give it more life and make it look right on me. With the right technique it gave me a fuller, plumper lip look. These days I stick to creme lipcolors that don't require as much effort. Also I am really disliking the playdoh scent & chemically taste that seeps into my mouth upon application. It's a bit bothersome. Overall nice lipcolor but just not for me. I'm swapping it for another color since it was a gift from my sweety but I am going to tell him to stop buying me Maybelline lipsticks until they get rid of the strong taste. The scent is somewhat bearable for now I guess. UPDATE: I was planning on swapping this for another shade but ended up keeping it to try to make it work. If I dab it on lightly, use lip pencil then top it off with clear gloss it is very nice looking. Once it's gone I still won't get another since I just don't care for the frosty finish.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2011 6:14:00 AM More reviews by yelloats

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

mm i didnt find anything special about this lip color. i lvoe the texture of colorsenational lipsticks and this one is just as great in quality as all the other ones i have. if you dont like sheen lip colors then dont get this, it looks metallic when i apply straight to my lips, it helps tone down the sheen if u rub with ur fingers tho.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2011 10:31:00 AM More reviews by jessijay

*I don't give 5 lippies unless it's something I would die w/o. The CS line from Maybelline are some of my FAVORITE lippies!! I'm NC15-20 & this is perfection for a daily color that's a no-brainer. It's sheer & shimmery. Has good slip + blends well (I like it with Coral Crush, see swatch). Looks great with BE Buxom in Destiny or NYX French Kiss gloss. As others mentioned, the shimmers in this line can be drying but I don't find them overly so if you prep your lips well or apply a moisturizing gloss. I own about 10 of the shades & like them all.