H2O water-active eye make-up remover, oil-free

2.0

on 11/7/2011 10:29:00 PM

I'm glad I tried this before reading the reviews - actually picked it up at a discount store when I had gone out of town and forgot my cleanser (about $3).

I've gone through several eye makeup removers that claimed to remove waterproof or smudgeproof mascara and hadn't found one that actually did the job without a greasy mess...this one not only removed it, but did so without much effort at all!!

I can use it quickly at the sink or swipe a little on just before hopping into the shower..and it wipes away with a damp washcloth or just water.

It did sting a little when I accidentally opened my eyes before rinsing but haven't really had a problem with this.

A VERY little bit goes a long long way and like another reviewer I doubled it as a makeup remover for about a week and it seemed to do a great job without drying my skin out. I'm definitely going to be scouring the shelves looking for it again!

on 9/30/2011 11:32:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this product, but not for what it claims it does, but for what it actually does. My eyes are very sensitive. For a long time I used Baby Oil w/ vitamin E to remove all eye makeup. Since I have dry skin for the most part, the baby oil didn't break me out or bother me and kept my undereye area very hydrated. However, I did want to find a better make up remover for the rest of my face, if I could find one for eyes and face even better. This eye makeup remover I cannot use to take eye makeup off. It stung my eyes a little and just took too long to work in to get just a daily amount of mascara off. I'm sure if I kept rubbing it in maybe it would work but I don't want to rub my eyes very much for fear of causing wrinkles. ANyway.. I found the perfect use for this and I just rub it all over my face to remove/loosen my foundation before washing my face. There are a lot of good ingredients in this that are supposed to help your eye area, I'm sure it would also help your skin on the rest of your face as well. It doesn't break me out and it does completely dissolve the makeup on the rest of my face so that when I take a wet washcloth or an olay daily facial, all the make up comes right off. And then I can wash my face with my expensive cleansers and know they are doing their job, I don't want to use an expensive facial cleanser to remove my makeup and then have to do it again to make sure my skin actually is benefitting from the cleanser itself... I will continue to purchase this product as I have tried others for removing face makeup and this is the most soothing, helps my skin and doesn't hurt it, and has seemed to help reduce the amount of blemsishes and oil on my face when I use it. Since running out, my skin has become more oily again and a little more acne prone. I don't know what it is about this but I really do like it and it works well on my skin.= not my eyes!
UPDATE: CONTAINS CARAGEENAN = HIGHLY COMODEGENIC (reference, www.cosdna.com)

on 8/21/2009 11:15:00 PM

don't waste your money, ladies! worst eye makeup remover i have ever used. does not take out any eyeliner or mascara. Even maybelline is much better.

on 8/21/2009 11:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It is too watery and can not remove Colorstay foundation from
Revlon.