April 18, 2014 | 1973 users online

Bronzers - E.L.F. - Studio Golden Bronzer

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 4/14/2014 3:32:00 PM More reviews by CourtneyLucas98

The E.L.F Golden Bronzer is not too bad, although I wouldn't use it for contouring like I originally bought it for. It is not pigmented enough it's more useful as a highlighter. Despite all that I still find myself reaching for it every day and it is very serviceable for it's very cheap price. I wouldn't recommend is for contouring but as a highlighter or light bronzer it does the job efficiently.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2014 12:14:00 AM More reviews by immiaaxo

I love using this as a highlighter! It makes me look so glowy and fresh :) I also use this as eyeshadow, but it's too shimmery to be a bronzer so don't expect it to be.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/7/2014 9:32:00 PM More reviews by beautyqueenstylebaby

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Amazing price, yes, but it shouldnt be called a bronzer. Better use for a highlighter and eyeshadow. Has literally no pigmentation whatsoever. I really dont like the fact that I thought I was buying a nice defining "bronzer".

rated 3 of 5 on 3/18/2014 8:07:00 PM More reviews by hippychic823

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Waaaay to shimmery to be a contouring bronzer. And on my NC35ish skin its too light. I use it as a highlighter sometimes. Glad I only paid $3 for it but won't be purchasing again. One plus though is the sleek black and white packaging...kinda reminds me of NARS.....

rated 1 of 5 on 3/17/2014 11:43:00 AM More reviews by Lizpaola25

I really wanted to love this, but I can't. For someone who has large pores this makes my pores look bigger. Not a fan at all. I think this would be great for someone with perfect skin, maybe someone younger?

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2014 7:12:00 PM More reviews by PeggyA

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This bronzer is 4 beautiful colors but much too obviously shimmery to be used (by me) as a bronzer. I really like this product as a highlighter (where I will write a positive review). If you like really obvious shimmer in your bronzer I would give this a try. If you prefer a more natural looking matte bronzers I would stay away from this particular product.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/7/2014 10:44:00 AM More reviews by harrisonfjord

Holy glitter, batman! This bronzer makes me look like I took a bath in my makeup case. It is not particularly pigmented or finely milled. At $3, I am not that sad that I spent money on it, but it does what any other highlighter can do. If you're looking for a shimmery bronzer, definitely go with Cargo's Water-Resistant Bronzer. If you are oily or combo, I would avoid this at all costs.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2014 10:43:00 AM More reviews by blondebeaute

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this "bronzer". I've been consistently purchasing it for about 3 or 4 years now. I wouldn't necessarily use this as an all-over face bronzer, though. I prefere a matte In the few times that I have, the shimmer tends to make me look a bit oily if I wear it for a prolonged amount of time. I mainly love this bronzer as a highlighter.
I think the texture is almost buttery, the lightest shade makes a perfect moon-lit glow for everyday. the darker shades have enough shimmer in them to be used as a highlighter for when I get tan as well.
I have hit pan on the lightest shade in this palette a few times now, and I always repurchase!
I have yet to find something similar that I can wear everyday as a highlighter that doesn't look too stand-out-ish. And for the price, you can't beat it. Even if you only are using it as a highlighter, like me! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2013 7:50:00 AM More reviews by JazzyDazzle

this product is amazing. very pigmented and multi-functional. the four shades in this bronzer can be used individually as eyeshadow, bronzer, or swirled together to use as bronzer.
the shimmer in this product is finely milled and provides a nice, natural sheen to the face. suits warm skin tones well. the golden tone to this bronzer will look flattering on a wide range of skin tones from light to medium to olive to ebony. women with porcelain skin, however, should probably forego this and opt for cooler toned bronzers/highlighters.
I feel like this bronzer functions more as a highlighter. i dust it on the highpoints of my face, such as my cheekbones, bridge of my nose and brow bone. i would not recommend contouring with this bronzer as it is way too shimmery.
the packaging is very nice. it is sleek, thin and compact, which makes it great for traveling. there is a big mirror inside, which makes it very convenient, as you don't need to bring another mirror with you. the only takeaway with the packaging is that it does not include a brush, which makes it a bit inconvenient having to bring a separate brush. but overall, for the price, this is an amazing amazing product.

I recommend this product to women who:
- have warm undertones to their skin
- enjoys shimmer and natural looking highlight
- are always on the go

I do not recommend this product to women who:
- is looking for a contouring powder (contour powders should be matte)
- women who are very pale with cool undertones
- women who don't own makeup brushes

Product breakdown:
- light on the skin, you don't feel anything :)
- shimmery finish, looks satiny from afar :)
- no detectable smell :)
- buttery texture, very pigmented :)
- has four shades that can double as eyeshadow :)
- sleek, thin packaging, easy for travel :)
- has a big mirror inside, great for women on the go :)
- does not include a brush :(

rated 1 of 5 on 12/27/2013 11:13:00 PM More reviews by Katherine0128

This product is terrible. It is way too powdery and not pigmented. It's just shimmer. I don't know how people can wear this on their face.