August 1, 2014 | 994 users online

Styling Products - Yummy Hair Labs - Cherry Bomb

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2013 3:47:00 PM More reviews by saiwez

This serum is AMAZING!! I used to hate blow drying my hair I used to let it dry with air however I used this once cz I was in a rush blow dried my hair and OMG all I smelt was cherries and my hair felt so soft and shiny the reason why I never used to blow dry because it made my hair feel rough and could tell my hair was getting damaged no matter what I used but this is my baby now ! I can not find it anywhere that's the downside

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2011 10:19:00 AM More reviews by Tina68

If you donít heat style your hair, donít even bother with this product. But, if you blow dry and flat-iron your hair everyday like I do, then this product may be just what you need. As others have already stated, Cherry Bomb is a heat-activated serum that you use on damp hair before blow-drying and on dry hair before ironing. The bottle is small, the serum is clear and the amount you need varies on your hair length and type. My hair is below my shoulders, thick, coarse and curly. I use just over a quarter-sized amount. Flipping my head down I apply Cherry Bomb on damp hair and work it through from end upwards. I do this for a couple minutes to ensure the product gets distributed evenly. Then I blow dry my hair straight. My hair looks soft and shiny. Flat-ironing has become an option. Since Cherry Bomb is silicone-based, build up may be an issue for some, but since I clarify 1X a week, itís not been an issue for me. The bottle is small, but will last a while I think since only a small amount of product is needed. The scent is lovely, but it doesnít last on me. I really like this product a lot and will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2010 2:50:00 PM More reviews by soraya69

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I used to see these at Trade Secrets at the counters, whenever I bought something, and every time I thought "yeah right, they really don't look like they'd work!". Until one day I was paying for a conditioner and grabbed one of these bottles, just an impulse buy, with no expectations what so ever. And after using it twice, it became my HG and replaced everything I've used so far!
I flat iron my (fine, colored, kinda damaged) hair once/week, with a GHD, so good heat protection is a must. I apply the Cherry Bomb first on damp hair, together with my Macadamia Nut leave-in creme, blow dry, then right before I flat iron, I use some more on dry hair, comb through, and iron. My hair comes out very straight and silky and shiny, feels healthy and moisturized. It is still soft and nice feeling after I wash my hair the next day and let it air dry.
The scent of this product is pleasant, doesn't really last on me.
This little bottle does exactly what it claims, and I couldn't be happier! I have used way more expensive stuff (KS NT) and my hair looked and felt rough, so yes, this is a keeper!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/5/2009 6:33:00 PM More reviews by tammy1967

I picked this up Trade Secrets on a recommendation from the gal working there. I was originally looking for a silk leave in treatment for my curls.

She pushed this product, after having listened to me explain that I do not dry or iron my hair, I air dry it daily.

It did nothing speactacular for me, it worked like any other frizz relief serum (like John Frieda Frizz-ease) but was more expensive.

It was then I realized it is heat activated. I gave it to a friend who blow drys and irons her air daily, and she loves it.

Bottom line, if you don't heat your hair, don't bother.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2009 5:07:00 PM More reviews by sterlingK

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Other

There are no reviews for this product yet so I figured I would add it and review since it's an amazing product. This is a heat protectant/conditioner/serum, and the kind of product I usually have no luck with. But I had to find something because I have to straighten my bangs daily (but I prefer to straighten all my hair) and they got so damaged that they would just frizz up and not straighten anymore. I tried Redken Smooth Down Heat Glide and a few other products and they just didn't work for me. Now I have finally found something that softens my frizzy, coarse, dry, curly hair and keeps it soft when I straighten. Since I started using this I have had little to no breakage to my hair and no frizzies after straightening. My hair is so shiny when I use this, it only takes a small amount, around a nickel sized drop for me to get all of my hair done. It helps that it smells nice but that doesn't really matter much to me.
The company that makes this is Canadian so I am not sure how easy it is to find in the U.S. in Canada you can get it for about $15.99 at Trade Secrets (they usually have it up next to the register when I go in). It's a small bottle and it seems like a lot to pay for it but it lasts a LONG time, I have been using it daily for about 3 1/2 months and the bottle is not even halfway down yet.
Will repurchase.

Edit - after trying other serums for protecting hair against heat and damage I must say this is still the best I have tried. Although I liked Moroccan oil and Chi Silk Infusion Cherry Bomb gives me so much more softness and shine. I recommend it to anyone who heat styles their hair. As it says on the bottle this product is heat activated, so if you don't use it properly you will not get results, as with any hair product.