December 18, 2014 | 855 users online

Blush - Bobbi Brown - Blush

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2014 8:32:00 PM More reviews by Mozart68

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

What Bobbi does best
I love Bobbi Brown makeup. (I just wish she made more neutral foundations that were not so yellow.) Anyway, no one else does blush like Bobbi Brown. I am medium tan, and I love Peony and Apricot. I barely touch my brush to the product, then I lightly brush the apple of my cheeks to get the most natural color. No sparkle, no glow -- just pure, natural-looking color.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2011 10:23:00 PM More reviews by dafyophi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I use the powder blush in Slopes and I'm obsessed with it. I'd been using NARS cream blush and a Clinique powder blush and was sort of not that into either of them. This survives the workday and looks beautiful. BB products are expensive, but SO worth it, in my opinion. I like this a lot better than the NARS products I've tried, for sure.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2011 10:25:00 AM More reviews by Sophia1105

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm writing this review without fully experimenting with all of her shades in the line to compare colorwise, however, this review is regarding overall formula, wear, pigmentation, price, deviation of quality in terms of distribution (palette vs. individual). I will update as time goes on and I have the time and $$ to try more.

Price: These are absolutely worth every penny. For pigmentation, lack of silicone particles, and wear, these go a very long way. For her powder blushes, which are slightly smaller than many other popular lines on the market, but so much heavier pigmented that it pays for itself in the end. At first I was taken back by how small it was but once I saw how very little was used, I haven't used any other line. Compared to other lines of cream blushes, there is simply no comparison. BB wins hands down in terms for quantity, pigmentation and price.

Formula: heavily pigmented in matte, shimmer and PR formula. No silicone particles (yay no breakouts for me) and what I LOVE is that the smallest amount goes a very long way = less overall stuff on my face. I try to wear the most minimal amount of cosmetic on my skin, so this is perfect for me because I don't feel like I'm wearing layer upon layer to achieve a look (ahem, MAC).

Her PR's are the most heavily pigmented I've found (and this is compared with Dior, YSL, MAC, Stila, Jouer, Becca, SB, MUFE, LM, Clinique, 29 Cosmetics, Chantecaille, JH, Nars). Only other line I've found that compared somewhat in terms of pigmentation is LMdB.

Her shimmer blushes vary in shimmer, you have to try it out to see how it wears. Bahama Brown and Washed Rose seemed to have the most prominent shimmer; Pink Coral shimmer didn't show up at all.

Matte (and shimmer): I've never had a problem with them oxidizing or fading, and I love that such a small amount looks so natural and goes such a long way. Great for all skin types. I love the finish of her PR's but have an easier time with shade selection from her matte powder line. I'll dab a bit of face oil over the powder blush once applied for a bit of sheen to make up for not using a cream blush. I missed out on some of the other shades of her PR's and I think those tones were more suited to my taste.

Colorwise: I love the concept of her brightening tones, and they truly are the most flattering brightening tones I've ever used. The softer tones rarely wear muddy or orangey on me. It's hard to go wrong with her shades, even if you pick out a color that might not be your best bet. Her line really is about YBB, so I love that I'm never worrying about people noticing my MU. The shades wear true to color.

As with all of her MU, wears in a very soft, flattering and natural manner. Unlike the cult-lines like NARS and MAC, this is a more natural effect in terms of shimmer, color and very little amount of formula required for effect. I haven't tried EB or Chanel (out of my $$-range), however, I'm so happy with these that the desire to explore other options isn't there. You get a very high quality product for your $$ and exceptionally flattering color range. I'm a little upset with the amount of money I've spent on other lines for them to not perform, and I don't have all the money in the world to experiment, but these absolutely deliver 110%. One of my new years resolutions was not to purchase from other lines, simply because I never feel like I've wasted money on her products, the color range is so flattering and her MU is just no-brainer MU, easy to wear, easy to coordinate, no skin issues.

I haven't found a deviation in her individual blushes and those found in palettes, which is amazing since even most extremely HE brands have a deviation in quality. If you can grab a palette containing one of her blushes, I highly recommend, they always coordinate well.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 12/29/2010 10:32:00 AM More reviews by dizzychick1973

Lovely texture and finely milled blush ... but the colour doesn't work well with my skintone and makes my cheeks look a bit "muddy". Staying power is moderate - about 4 hours before it begins to disappear.
For reference, I have a fair Asian complexion and wear #2 in Laura Mercier Powder Foundation & Beige Ivory in Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2010 2:57:00 PM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Nice texture (pretty blendable for being so pigmented.) Decent amount of color choices.

CONS (and alternates): I liked these, but suggest trying LORAC's blushes which are more sheer and blendable. (But I still liked the texture of these more than MAC's blushes, which were harder to blend and build with.)

****My review is for the powder blushes.*****

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2010 3:58:00 AM More reviews by xoxAllyxox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm really disappointed in these blushes. The color selection is quite poor for someone with fair skin like myself and they feel very chalky. The shimmer blush looks incredibly glitter-loaded and, like the matte blushes, also has a poor color selection. I've found far better blushes at Clinique and MAC.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2010 4:07:00 PM More reviews by iamalovecat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Consistency- Powder blush
Color- Pigmented (not as pigmented as NARS); a little goes a long way. Definitely a department store (aka more professional looking) blush. There is a very slight touch of shimmer.
Wear- Lasts for about 8 hours give or take. Optional to set with translucent powder (lasts longer if set).
Verdict - Definitely worth the money. The color is beautiful, great product and it lasts a long time.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2010 8:57:00 PM More reviews by ophelianyx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Tawny Powder Blush is such a pretty natural looking blush. The color is just perfect, it really looks natural like it's your own flush. It really livens up my face, and brings a pop of color to it. The color in the pot is a bit intimidating, since it looks so dark, but on skin it's just this perfect rosy hue. And it lasts long too.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2010 3:33:00 AM More reviews by chloe321

I really like the colour range for Bobbi Brown's blushes. Some of the colours might look bright in the container, but are actually quite nice and not OTT when applied to your cheeks.

The powder is very fine and doesn't seem to clog up your skin. The colours stand out but still has that sheerness to them so it doesn't look like you've caked on makeup. It lasts all day, although a touch up is advised during lunch time if you wanted a boost in colour.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2010 4:58:00 PM More reviews by lilmama51

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Grey, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

HG, HG, HG! I got this in Plum and Desert Rose and love them both. I'm a pale, cool, light brown haired, blue eyed gal and both these make me look lit from within. They are so finely milled. The down side, which I'm overlooking because they are so great, is $$. Very expensive for a little bit, but I will hit bottom of the pan on both.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No