April 20, 2014 | 1842 users online

Lipstick - Maybelline - Color Sensational ~ Red Revival

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2014 4:44:00 AM More reviews by Sgoosie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this shade on my 3rd tube it's not to dark not to bright on my nc30 skin
If Marilyn Monroe was alive to day she would ware it

rated 3 of 5 on 3/29/2014 9:02:00 AM More reviews by AllyDean

I actually only purchased this lipstick for a themed party, it was cheap and and the only pure red lipstick i could find at the time. Colour is lovely, but application was frustrating. The lipstick runs if you apply it in a hurry and hard to apply with precision around the cupids bow area without a lip brush and lip liner. As I usually apply this on the run, i usually end up with uneven lips when applying this from the tube.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2014 1:21:00 PM More reviews by amberoertel

This red is the perfect compliment to my green eyes. It is very pigmented and for the most part has really good staying power which is good for me since in between classes I am drinking coffee like it's going out of style. I find that it's perfect for application with either the bullet or a small lip brush. I also think it's just all in all a good brand I love Maybelline's lipsticks. And, generally have good luck with most of their products

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2014 9:37:00 PM More reviews by rachelrogers12

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

absolutely gorgeous red lipstick which is dramatic and easy to apply. A real favorite when i want to attract attention

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2013 5:51:00 AM More reviews by beckynicole1

This is my favourite red lipstick. I have rimmel Kate moss in 111 and 10 and... the third escapes me... But this is my favourite. Deeper red shade, moisturizing, doesn't sink into my dry lips.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2013 12:02:00 PM More reviews by Niza9

I really like this shade. On my lips it shoes up red for sure. It also goes on smoothly and evenly, which is a must when dealing with red lipsticks. I like wearing this lipstick on its own, and sometimes I like lining my lips with a darker red color and then wearing it over that (which I will be doing very often now in the fall), and it looks really pretty! I am a huge fan of the Maybelline lipstick line and I am glad I purchased this color.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2013 1:34:00 AM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

I am SO IN LOVE with this red lipstick! Come fall, red lipstick is really the only lipstick colour that I wear, along with oxblood colours and deep purpley tones and I only even use high end red lipstick. I really wanted to try a drugstore option though since $35 a tube which is the price of my favourite red lipstick (Femme Rouge in Icon by Hourglass) and I chose this one. I seriously love it, it is absolutely gorgeous. It has a really neutral undertones so it can work for people who are both yellow based and pink based, it lasts a really long time (mind you, I have a very extensive red lip routine I go through anyways) and it doesn't leave my lips feeling dry at all. This lipstick is an amazing drugstore find and I am seriously so impressed.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/18/2013 11:16:00 AM More reviews by ummimtrish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this color and Maybelline's Red Revolution last fall/winter because I was looking for a perfect red. In my opinion, this color looks like a bright, true red with my skin tone (Red Revolution seemed to fuchsia, so I returned it). I just broke this one out again after I put it away for the summer months, and it didn't dry out at all...the formula seems the same as when I first used it last year. However, it has always been a bit difficult to paint this color on without it going all over and outside of the line of my lips, especially if I use it straight up from the bullet and without a brush. However, blotting helps.

This isn't my favorite red, and I thought it was a bit overpriced for being a drugstore lipstick (there are several other brands that are high quality and cheaper) so I gave it 3 out of 5 stars. I'm not completely sure if i would buy it again....maybe if the price decreased, I would.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2013 10:18:00 AM More reviews by MrMontyBurns

Lovely shade, as others have described--blue-based red. Doesn't turn at all fuchsia on me, which I feared, but I just can't pull it off. It's truly an in-your-face red. I couldn't tone it down whatsoever with a lighter application, neutral on top, etc.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/18/2013 10:55:00 PM More reviews by audra72ad

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I want to like this lipstick, but I can't. I put it on and it's just there. It doesn't do anything. I am not impressed by the color nor the packaging. I have other red lipsticks I wear that I love, but not this one. It's just sitting in my kaboodle for now. I'm never going to repurchase.