Dr. Jart+ Blemish Balm Cream (black label)

3.5

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 9.533%; Zinc Oxide 3.840%; Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Cyclohexasiloxane, Butylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Glycerin, Sodium Chloride, Silica, Arbutin, Iron Oxides, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Calcium Stearate, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Talc, Sorbitan Olivate, Caprylyl Glycol, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Hexyl Laurate, Propylene Carbonate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Hydrogen Dimethicone, Aluminum Hydroxide, Sorbitan Isostearate, Ozokerite, Diisostearyl Malate, Beeswax, 1,2 Hexanediol, Disodium EDTA, Ubiquinone, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Caviar Extract, Propylene Glycol, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Alcohol, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Glyceryl Caprylate, Potassium Sorbate, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Sodium Benzoate Updated 4/15/203

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This broke me out so badly. I literally have marks on my cheeks that won't go away because of this product.

It looks great when you first put it on but by the end of the day I had small pimples all over my cheeks. I NEVER break out on my cheeks. At first I thought it was something else but after eliminating the things I was using I came to the conclusion it was this product.

The packaging is fine, the pump tube is nice. It's pretty expensive. I regret buying it especially after it ruined my skin.

on 2/18/2015 11:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This bb cream is so good. it's kind of like my HG for my daily makeup routine. I used to live in a very hot weather in Malaysia. Everytime i'd apply any bb cream, it tends to melt on my face or else its going to make my skin looks very oily but this dr jart bb cream stayed all day put on my face. its amazing. at first when you apply it, it does look gray on your face, but its going to oxidies and you can see it blends well with your skin tone. the price is affordable. here in Malaysia its cost for RM91. Its last with me forever. loving it. thumbs up :)

on 1/12/2015 2:44:00 PM

I hate this muck. Thank goodness I only got a sample of it from the very nice brand rep. She told me that it "adapts" to everybody's skin color, but I was skeptical it since it looked like a suspiciously grey-pink shade. Still, since it was a freebie, and since the rep was so nice, I decided to give it a try.

Good grief. It IS grey-pink. More grey than pink, at that. Come on. Nobody can be that shade of grey-pink naturally. And if they are they'd better see a doctor double quick.

Apart form the alarming color, the consistency is sort of greasy (like 90% of bb creams, especially the Asian brands) with barely any cover at all.

It seems to work for others, which just proves once more that one woman's HG is another one's poison. I binned my sample without another thought. Terrible stuff.

on 1/12/2015 1:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I received a deluxe sample of this and found that, first and foremost, that it's too dark for my fair/ivory skin. The Premium Label by Dr. Jart++ is actually quite a bit darker, and therefore literally unwearable, but since I prefer my skin to remain fair, I wouldn't use this product.

With that said, the coverage was good (covered blemishes and hyper-pigmentation), and set to a natural finish. It wasn't quite dewy, which I prefer, but I felt that it imparts enough of a glow to satisfy most consumers seeking a dewy as opposed to matte finish. It last around 8 hours and did not settle into lines or accentuate pores.

I did notice several new blemishes the next days, both times, but didn't wear this on consecutive days and therefore cannot concretely conclude whether this would break me out or not. (Although I suspect it would, since it left me with blemishes the next day.)

In conclusion, if this product had a lighter color option and proved to not cause breakouts, I would consider purchasing it. Until then, I'll stick with my tinted moisturizer.

on 12/20/2014 10:37:00 AM

I finally found a BB cream I can use! For someone with extremely fair, acne-prone skin that is currently adjusting to tretinoin that is HUGE! Doesn't break me out which is a first for any product with SPF. I love the medium coverage and how it evens out my skin tone. I don't love the price but I was able to get the 1.5 oz size for just $16 after using $20 of my Birchbox points. I have a feeling I will repurchase even at full price though, since this is replacing several drugstore brands I was previously using separately.

on 11/5/2014 8:41:00 PM

HG BB Cream. I won't use anything else, ever. I have been using this for about 2 years, my skin has fallen in love with it and I am not never going back! I have combination skin and used to struggle with hormonal acne and dry skin in certain areas. Once I got my skin issues resolved, I was able to really appreciate this BB cream. The first thing you need to understand about makeup is that it's NOT magic. It will not make your skin problems disappear despite the amazing things it may advertise. So if that's why you're buying it then please spend your money on some quality skin care first (Eminence organics is a great brand). Having said that, this BB cream is my absolute favorite. It is not too thick and provides the perfect amount of coverage. It doesn't settle into fine lines or magnify my pores like other foundations/tinted moisturizers. It doesn't feel like it clogs my skin either. You can wear it on its own or with concealer + translucent powder over for longer-lasting wear. A little bit goes a long way and the bottle itself lasts about 2 months if you use one pump per day.

FYI: Special event/nights out require real foundation as this product has SPF in it which causes a bit of a glare in photos with flash.

on 11/5/2014 2:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

A. COLOR:
Only available 1 shade that is perfect for me. I have an East-Asian skin, on the cooler-pinkish side rather than warmer yellowish side. Not ashy at all on my face. I can even wear it on my face and leave the neck without a tiny layer of the cream, and I bet you can't tell the difference.

B. SENSITIVE SKIN ISSUE:
Nope. My sensitive skin does not react to it. Never have a breakout.

C. COVERAGE:
Minimum. From the Eiffel Tower, you can still see my rashes.

on 10/30/2014 8:49:00 PM

I'm going to get straight to the point in this review:

-broke me out *very* badly after only a few uses
-greasy feel that stays greasy
-covers well enough
-applies grayish and sets orangey on me
-hard to blend so the orangey tinge is noticeable

For reference I'm a very neutral light-medium skinned Russian, Armenian, Ukrainian acne prone oily skinned.

on 8/20/2014 1:35:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This review is for the north american version of this BB cream that I purchased in Sephora. I purchased the Korean version and it was not the same; I was told that the silver label in the Korean version was equivalent, but I wasn't able to purchase it.

This is the best foundation I have ever used. I have sensitive skin; almost every foundation, concealer, or actually anything liquid that comes in contact with my t zone makes me break out. I have severe redness around my nose and chin. This covers up redness, erases undereye circles, evens skintone, covers blemishes, and doesn't break me out. I'm insanely pale, yet it isn't on of the terrible American BB creams that is a weird mid tone yellow-pink-beige. It really adjusts to my skin tone and looks natural. I don't know how this would work on people with darker skin than me; I'm likely an NC15, although I haven't worn foundation much, apart from the random Shiseido, in which I'm usually the second to lightest beige or ochre shade, if that helps.

If Dr. Jart came up with a longwearing version of this, I'd consider being a brand ambassador.

on 7/12/2014 8:55:00 PM

My skin- NC20 in Mac, Fresco in EL DW, 4 in Armani Luminious Silk, Porcelain in Hourglass Immaculate, etc (if you check my other reviews I have reviewed a ton of makeup and always try to list multiple color comparisons to help with online shopping decisions). I actually traded for this BB cream as I went to the store to buy Dr. Jart Waterfuse BB cream and they were out, so I grabbed Naked Skin BB cream which I haaaated so I traded that for this. It matches my skin ok, but I just prefer Waterfuse to Black Label. This one seems kind of thicker, but I also don't feel like I get the same coverage with it. I also felt like Waterfuse made my skin look better overall from use and I don't get that impression with Black Label. I do like the packaging, with the pump at the bottom as it stands up.