July 23, 2014 | 2003 users online

BB Cream - Dr. Jart+ - Blemish Balm Cream (black label)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2014 8:55:00 PM More reviews by ginaxav

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My skin- NC20 in Mac, Fresco in EL DW, 4 in Armani Luminious Silk, Porcelain in Hourglass Immaculate, etc (if you check my other reviews I have reviewed a ton of makeup and always try to list multiple color comparisons to help with online shopping decisions). I actually traded for this BB cream as I went to the store to buy Dr. Jart Waterfuse BB cream and they were out, so I grabbed Naked Skin BB cream which I haaaated so I traded that for this. It matches my skin ok, but I just prefer Waterfuse to Black Label. This one seems kind of thicker, but I also don't feel like I get the same coverage with it. I also felt like Waterfuse made my skin look better overall from use and I don't get that impression with Black Label. I do like the packaging, with the pump at the bottom as it stands up.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/12/2014 8:06:00 PM More reviews by CarBps

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This BB cream has a good medium buildable coverage, with great uses for oiler skins as well as for drier ones. I would say that it gives me a radiant finish, not too shiny nor too matte... it is overall a good product, I just think does not worth the price. Also, it comes in just one shade, which is too dark for my skin (I normally mix it with a lighter foundation so it looks more even lol). But if your skin is a NW20 or NW25, i think this would be perfect for you.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/23/2014 4:30:00 AM More reviews by Anonnone

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I wanted to like this product so much that I tried it on four separate occasions. Yet each time it looked grayish white on my light pink/neutral skin and no matter whether I put on only a little or a lot, it looked very cakey and accentuated my acne pockmarks, which other BB creams do not on me. The coverage wasn't so great -- since it's thick you'd think it would cover more, but it didn't cover red spots like other BB creams do. And it's so hard to blend!
I guess this is supposed to be more like Asian BB creams and maybe I like the American ones better, but really disappointed. Wah.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/9/2014 1:39:00 PM More reviews by GalileosDaughter

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Too dark for my Bobbi Brown Alabaster, ~NC10-15 skin. Also, was very drying and highlighted my pores.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2014 4:43:00 PM More reviews by jinxjjx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this because I love Dr. Jart's water fuse bb cream a LOT and I wanted to explore the brand more. I like this bb cream. Not as much as water fuse, which gives me a beautifuly dewy glow, but I like this one pretty well. The color is supposed to be universal but I think it comes off a bit dark on me if I just wear it alone. I don't have this problem with the water fuse bb cream. if I use my regular sun screen underneath, however, and I just dab on a bit of the Black Label BB cream, I find that the mix makes my skin looks like its normal color. It does make my skin look nice and even, and somewhat glowy. However, I think the water fuse bb cream is more moisturizing and provides the dewy finish that I like, so after I use this up, I probably won't repurchase. I think this BB cream may oxidize a bit as well - when I wear it without my regular sunscreen underneath, I noticed that my looked a bit orange =\

rated 2 of 5 on 4/25/2014 3:21:00 AM More reviews by luvchic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

OKay, I finally bought my Dr. Jart BB Cream because, well, because I thought it would be great because it's expensive (how stupid was I)
Coverage: This does not coverage as much as I expected. It covers my pores and blackheads but nut my scars
Color: I have fair skin and it fits me well. But, it oxidizes after about 3 hours wearing. My face turns into orange-ish which never happens with any of my previous BB Cream (Holika Holika, Skin 79, Garnier, BanilaCo, L'oreal)
Others: I have combination skin type with very oily T-zone and dry cheeks. This BB Cream melts on my T-Zone but still makes my cheeks dried (Weird!). Like, I actually can see some lines when it melts on my forehead even though I touch up with MAC blotted powder.
Overall, I'm disappointed with this BB Cream and I don't understand why it's so expensive compared to others. The only good things is that it gives me a nice glow but that dewy healthy skin is gone after an hour. And, I live in Canada and it's still cold here and this BB cream acts like I'm living in a humid and hot city...

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2014 3:14:00 PM More reviews by bmbb

Well at first I applied it with my fingers and I didnt like it but when I tríed applying with my sigma brush I love it I have acne prone skin and this dosent break me out and I will say that it gives a medium coverage with out looking cakey. I also must say a little goes a long way.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/21/2014 7:27:00 PM More reviews by SaraDLueders

Uhg I wanted to love this product. I recently suffered from a terrible breakout from a MAC product (if you're sensitive stay away from MAC foundations.). Anyway I have oily very very very light skin and this was too dark for me. I've seen a lot of reviews that this either makes them look ghostly or it's too dark so it seems that unless you are in the realm of this exact color this isn't going to work for you. I also felt very oily when I had this one and it just didn't feel good on my skin. I really wanted to like this and I know people that love it so I suggest getting a weeks worth sample to see if you break out (I felt like this really clogged my pores).

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2014 12:11:00 PM More reviews by awest123

I got the sample size and I love it! However, I only use this and powder on my face because I put foundation on over it one time and it made it look like I caked my makeup on. Overall, when it comes to this, a little goes a long way!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/21/2014 6:47:00 AM More reviews by Eire1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

NOTE: I HAVE A SAMPLE NOT THE FULL SIZE.
Okay this is one of those products that I used where the ingredients look very good but the visuals leave more to be desired. This feels moisturizing and comftorable but like a lot of reviewers said it leaves a ghostly look on the skin.( I thought that my skin looked like it was covered in chalk and this was darker than my NW13 complexion!) This affect does seem to go away after you finish applying the rest of your makeup but still. Also this only comes in one color so its not for everyone.
The good news if you want to lighten your skin for whatever reason this has the ability to do so. It has broad spectrum sunscreen(mineral) and alpha arbutin in fairly high amounts. Arbutin works the same as hydroquinone but is viewed as safer by the public.
Other beneficial ingredients include:ginko biloba camellia sinesis leaf extract ubiquinone aloe and collagen. The packaging keeps the ingredients stable.
Ingredient cons:
if you have animal allergys beware of the collagen ingredient.
There is alcohol lower on the list and that is bad.