December 19, 2014 | 1426 users online

BB Cream - Dr. Jart+ - Blemish Balm Cream (black label)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2014 8:41:00 PM More reviews by christinferg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

HG BB Cream. I won't use anything else, ever. I have been using this for about 2 years, my skin has fallen in love with it and I am not never going back! I have combination skin and used to struggle with hormonal acne and dry skin in certain areas. Once I got my skin issues resolved, I was able to really appreciate this BB cream. The first thing you need to understand about makeup is that it's NOT magic. It will not make your skin problems disappear despite the amazing things it may advertise. So if that's why you're buying it then please spend your money on some quality skin care first (Eminence organics is a great brand). Having said that, this BB cream is my absolute favorite. It is not too thick and provides the perfect amount of coverage. It doesn't settle into fine lines or magnify my pores like other foundations/tinted moisturizers. It doesn't feel like it clogs my skin either. You can wear it on its own or with concealer + translucent powder over for longer-lasting wear. A little bit goes a long way and the bottle itself lasts about 2 months if you use one pump per day.

FYI: Special event/nights out require real foundation as this product has SPF in it which causes a bit of a glare in photos with flash.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2014 2:41:00 PM More reviews by dsafdsaf

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

A. COLOR:
Only available 1 shade that is perfect for me. I have an East-Asian skin, on the cooler-pinkish side rather than warmer yellowish side. Not ashy at all on my face. I can even wear it on my face and leave the neck without a tiny layer of the cream, and I bet you can't tell the difference.

B. SENSITIVE SKIN ISSUE:
Nope. My sensitive skin does not react to it. Never have a breakout.

C. COVERAGE:
Minimum. From the Eiffel Tower, you can still see my rashes.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/30/2014 8:49:00 PM More reviews by nanamisan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm going to get straight to the point in this review:

-broke me out *very* badly after only a few uses
-greasy feel that stays greasy
-covers well enough
-applies grayish and sets orangey on me
-hard to blend so the orangey tinge is noticeable

For reference I'm a very neutral light-medium skinned Russian, Armenian, Ukrainian acne prone oily skinned.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2014 1:35:00 AM More reviews by lilyeffigy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This review is for the north american version of this BB cream that I purchased in Sephora. I purchased the Korean version and it was not the same; I was told that the silver label in the Korean version was equivalent, but I wasn't able to purchase it.

This is the best foundation I have ever used. I have sensitive skin; almost every foundation, concealer, or actually anything liquid that comes in contact with my t zone makes me break out. I have severe redness around my nose and chin. This covers up redness, erases undereye circles, evens skintone, covers blemishes, and doesn't break me out. I'm insanely pale, yet it isn't on of the terrible American BB creams that is a weird mid tone yellow-pink-beige. It really adjusts to my skin tone and looks natural. I don't know how this would work on people with darker skin than me; I'm likely an NC15, although I haven't worn foundation much, apart from the random Shiseido, in which I'm usually the second to lightest beige or ochre shade, if that helps.

If Dr. Jart came up with a longwearing version of this, I'd consider being a brand ambassador.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2014 8:55:00 PM More reviews by ginaxav

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My skin- NC20 in Mac, Fresco in EL DW, 4 in Armani Luminious Silk, Porcelain in Hourglass Immaculate, etc (if you check my other reviews I have reviewed a ton of makeup and always try to list multiple color comparisons to help with online shopping decisions). I actually traded for this BB cream as I went to the store to buy Dr. Jart Waterfuse BB cream and they were out, so I grabbed Naked Skin BB cream which I haaaated so I traded that for this. It matches my skin ok, but I just prefer Waterfuse to Black Label. This one seems kind of thicker, but I also don't feel like I get the same coverage with it. I also felt like Waterfuse made my skin look better overall from use and I don't get that impression with Black Label. I do like the packaging, with the pump at the bottom as it stands up.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/12/2014 8:06:00 PM More reviews by CarBps

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This BB cream has a good medium buildable coverage, with great uses for oiler skins as well as for drier ones. I would say that it gives me a radiant finish, not too shiny nor too matte... it is overall a good product, I just think does not worth the price. Also, it comes in just one shade, which is too dark for my skin (I normally mix it with a lighter foundation so it looks more even lol). But if your skin is a NW20 or NW25, i think this would be perfect for you.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/23/2014 4:30:00 AM More reviews by Anonnone

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I wanted to like this product so much that I tried it on four separate occasions. Yet each time it looked grayish white on my light pink/neutral skin and no matter whether I put on only a little or a lot, it looked very cakey and accentuated my acne pockmarks, which other BB creams do not on me. The coverage wasn't so great -- since it's thick you'd think it would cover more, but it didn't cover red spots like other BB creams do. And it's so hard to blend!
I guess this is supposed to be more like Asian BB creams and maybe I like the American ones better, but really disappointed. Wah.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/9/2014 1:39:00 PM More reviews by GalileosDaughter

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Too dark for my Bobbi Brown Alabaster, ~NC10-15 skin. Also, was very drying and highlighted my pores.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2014 4:43:00 PM More reviews by jinxjjx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this because I love Dr. Jart's water fuse bb cream a LOT and I wanted to explore the brand more. I like this bb cream. Not as much as water fuse, which gives me a beautifuly dewy glow, but I like this one pretty well. The color is supposed to be universal but I think it comes off a bit dark on me if I just wear it alone. I don't have this problem with the water fuse bb cream. if I use my regular sun screen underneath, however, and I just dab on a bit of the Black Label BB cream, I find that the mix makes my skin looks like its normal color. It does make my skin look nice and even, and somewhat glowy. However, I think the water fuse bb cream is more moisturizing and provides the dewy finish that I like, so after I use this up, I probably won't repurchase. I think this BB cream may oxidize a bit as well - when I wear it without my regular sunscreen underneath, I noticed that my looked a bit orange =\

rated 2 of 5 on 4/25/2014 3:21:00 AM More reviews by luvchic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

OKay, I finally bought my Dr. Jart BB Cream because, well, because I thought it would be great because it's expensive (how stupid was I)
Coverage: This does not coverage as much as I expected. It covers my pores and blackheads but nut my scars
Color: I have fair skin and it fits me well. But, it oxidizes after about 3 hours wearing. My face turns into orange-ish which never happens with any of my previous BB Cream (Holika Holika, Skin 79, Garnier, BanilaCo, L'oreal)
Others: I have combination skin type with very oily T-zone and dry cheeks. This BB Cream melts on my T-Zone but still makes my cheeks dried (Weird!). Like, I actually can see some lines when it melts on my forehead even though I touch up with MAC blotted powder.
Overall, I'm disappointed with this BB Cream and I don't understand why it's so expensive compared to others. The only good things is that it gives me a nice glow but that dewy healthy skin is gone after an hour. And, I live in Canada and it's still cold here and this BB cream acts like I'm living in a humid and hot city...