July 28, 2014 | 1738 users online

Fragrances - Estee Lauder - Private Collection Jasmine White Moss

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2013 4:15:00 PM More reviews by zeynepd

On my skin, it opens with an airy lemon note (official notes say bergamot actually) in the midst of some lovely, lush greenness. There is nothing sharp about it. Then it mellows into a light, slightly humid -though it's never cloying- floral haven with a touch of saltiness that I love. I'm not particularly a jasmin lover but the note is subtle here. However, I notice the slightly gassy, greasy undertone jasmin sometimes takes on my skin. Surely elegant but for some reason I expected more from it. Good projection and lasting power per Estee Lauder. 3.5

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2012 2:51:00 PM More reviews by deuxbisous

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Why did I not know about this sooner? I have just fallen completely head over heels for this one. Mmmm.... better than Cristalle, better than OJ Tiare, but related to both. If you like either of those, give this one a try. How is it better? More full-bodied than Cristalle, less of a summery fragrance (I've just purchased it in November!), and less sharp than Tiare, which I like but sometimes it just feels like a bit of a bludgeoner. This is softer and round. Even though it is a bright green citrus at the outset, once it settles on the skin the lush white florals really warm up the composition, and I quite like whatever they've done here to approximate oakmoss. It seems pretty convincing to my nose and I even get a slight saltiness from it. Divine! It's true love. I do hope they'll keep making it. If you can't find it at your EL counter, ask if they have it. I found they were hiding it in a drawer at the department store where I purchased it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2012 6:11:00 PM More reviews by hollyc01

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I first tried Cristalle in EdT and fell in love . . . until it dumped me in 20 minutes. Left me cryin' on the curb. All that lemony love that morphs into gorgeous animalics. So I thought, I'll show YOU! Hmph! and got it in EdP . . . what is this? Not Cristalle, that's for darn sure. Then came Jasmine White Moss . . ahhhhh. Delicate lemon custard, jasmine kisses and finally a lovely little mink rubbing my face (yes alive, not a coat) actually cancel that, minks stink! Well you get my drift. This delivers on all that Cristalle EdT promises and makes a commitment to you to hang around. I just got Tuberose Gardenia, so will have to wait a while, but Jasmine White Moss is next. Stunningly pretty, great lasting power, polite but very noticeable sillage. What's not to love? Thank you Aerin Lauder!

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2011 1:24:00 PM More reviews by Whiffnotes

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't know what it is about this perfume that haunts me. As others have said, there is a resemblance to Cristalle but then again, it manages to be its own self too. I dare say that they got the oakmoss right in this fragrance. There is that wet, green lingering smell on the skin and the bold yet confident sweep of the jasmine. The jasmine manages to stay perfectly in sync with the oakmoss. But that is still not the reason why I can't forget this fragrance. Something about the self-assurance of it, the confidence of the fragrance: a psychological counterpoint, almost, to days when we are feeling lesser...

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2011 6:43:00 PM More reviews by jayti

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Finally tried this one and agree with other reviewers, this ELPC Jasmine White Moss is very much like Cristalle -- to my nose, the EdP. It is more floral, and isn't quite as fresh and sparkling in character as Cristalle EdT, but the longevity of JWM is much better.

I wore Chanel Cristalle EdT and then EdP for 20 years as my signature scent until either it or my chemistry changed. Cristalle no longer works for me. But Jasmine White Moss does!

Will I wear it as a new (old) signature scent? Not sure yet. Maybe I've finally moved on, now that I've had to take an extended break from the Chanel.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2011 10:51:00 AM More reviews by technopixie

Gorgeous green and floral Chypre, the best I've tried of those currently in production. A review below noted that the moss in this smells synthetic and that it's as if the the knowledge of how to make a Chypre has been lost. This is true in a way; oakmoss, the foundation of all classic Chypres, has been banned due to allergic reactions. At least Estee Lauder went to the trouble of creating their synthetic white moss mist instead of churning out another bland patchouli floral like other brands. The moss in this is clean, true, as is the jasmin; to me this is the florist shop version of the original Private Collection's country club garden. Some of the earthy bits have been left behind and it's more shower-clean than lushly humid, but just as gorgeous and grown up.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2010 10:09:00 AM More reviews by happywoman28

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love a great jasmin scent and have been on the hunt for one for years without success but this has fulfilled my wishes. All I smell is the wonderful, expensive smelling jasmin, with a tiny bit of citrus, a hint of hyacinth, a green note which is the white moss and galbanum, and one tiny spray blast lingers for hours, which is ever so hard to find.
I had worn the original formulation of Private Collection as a signature scent for many years as the world's most magnificent chypre but am so incredibly saddened that it has been
reformulated into a horrible stench in recent years.
This comes the closest to the original formulation of Private Collection of the 70's and 80's, with slightly more jasmin.
Estee Lauder advertises this has fifteen different pure, natural, botanically based fragrance essences and there is definitely nothing artificial, plastic or chemical about it.
I am lusting for a bottle of the pure parfum but it's $325, and yet...I may splurge, I love this that much.
Full bottle worthy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2010 5:26:00 AM More reviews by Melloney

I totally agree with the previous reviewers that this smells like Cristalle . Airy and yet tenacious with a distinct freshness and citric sharpness to it's character. Subtle mossy woods and non indolic jasmine with a nod to older style chypres. Well done , well blended and nothing to complain of except perhaps the cost. However I would gladly pay the price ! This is good jus.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2010 10:10:00 AM More reviews by yum_yum

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like this fragrance more than Cristalle EdT & EdP. JWM *definitely* reminds me of Cristalle, but on my skin the latter retains it's sharpness and smells like a lemon-citrus detergent. JWM is softer and smoother, more creamy, ever so slightly sweet and much easier to wear.
JWM smells retro, not mass-market, and closer in spirit (not in scent) to classic lauders like Azuree, White Linen, Private Collection etc.. It's a good summer scent, clean, understated.
This is what I desperately wanted Cristalle to be. Cristalle's probably the only Chanel that smells synthetic and harsh on me -- so it's great to find a perfume that handles the best parts of the Chanel (that creamy but clean qaulity, subtle woodsy base that doesn't take too much attention from the top & middle) in a way that works on my skin.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2009 8:06:00 AM More reviews by tricksi

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I liked this fragrance. My notes show, yum, reminds me of Cristalle but not as "sharp". Maybe not the most original fragrance but I enjoyed how it wore on my skin so that gets a thumbs up from me.