September 30, 2014 | 1023 users online

Eye Shadow - Everyday Minerals - Ballet Slippers

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2010 8:22:00 PM More reviews by sparki007

Looks a little different in person than the website swatch. It looked like a light pinky purple color with shimmer when I saw it online. I thought it would be similar to the color of pale pink satin pointe shoes with maybe a blue cast. In real life, it looks more light blueish lavender with more of a matte finish. The shimmer is very subtle, far less reflective than something like their Pearl Beige. Not frosty at all, more like matte with a little extra.

That said, I really do like the color! It's a very refreshing cool hue that's great for an overall lid color. I like using it on the lower lashline to brighten up my eyes when I want to look more lively. It's too blue for face highlighting, but could work as an inner corner highlight. The feel of the shadow is very silky, not chalky at all. The color payoff is great. My skin tone is fair-medium and leaning more toward the warm side, but the color didn't clash or run too cool. I think it would work on a wide range of skin tones.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2009 3:17:00 AM More reviews by mapn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I'd say Ballet Slippers is the shimmery equivalent of Bedtime Story, which has a matte finish. Bedtime Story contains pinkish undertones and a just tad more pigment… I prefer Bedtime Story, but really Ballet Slippers as well. The light lavender shade suits my PPP complexion and pale greenish eyes perfectly. It's a good shade for overall wash of colour and/or highlighting. And the staying power is quite good too.