August 1, 2014 | 1325 users online

Styling Products - Moroccanoil - Style Cream

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2014 12:41:00 PM More reviews by lunalove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this in combination with the moroccanoil. I use one pump of this and two pumps of the oil from my ears down on my waist length hair when it is still damp, and it dries faster and is softer and less frizzy. Has very very light hold, just enough to bring out my layers.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2010 11:43:00 PM More reviews by mecepeda

Another MorrocanOil HG product for me. I have tons of thick, wavy hair and since I am growing it out I have been going to the salon a lot less for the last year or so. Despite fewer visits to the salon, my hair is actually healthier then ever, and I credit this product in large part for the improvement in my hair. I wash my hair with MO shampoo and conditioner, towel dry it, and then work 2-3 pumps of the styling cream through my hair, comb, and air dry (which takes hours if you have hair like mine, but who cares?) My waves look and smell better than ever - no more blow dryer and attempts to straighten my hair for me. It's important to note, though, that this cream offers pretty minimal hold - I think of it more as a fantastic leave-in conditioner with a touch a hold than anything else. I believe that I am on my fourth bottle, and will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2010 3:21:00 PM More reviews by jennyferr

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm giving this a 5 with conditions... I have thick 3b curls, would be frizzy without any product. I used 4 pumps in my shoulder length hair and let air dry without any touching or fussing. Result: natural shine, and enhanced curl, nice and soft, very natural. However, no hold at all. So, if you are looking for hold I'd suggest Naturelle Hypoallergenic Gel or Herbal Essences Totally Twisted Gel or Herbal Essences Tousel Me Softly Mousse. But if you like your curls to look and feel as natural as possible this is nice. Very like Fredrick Fekkai Curl Cream for me. Both are expensive, both work, but I do have cheaper products that work well also. Will update as I use more.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2010 11:32:00 AM More reviews by marilynmfan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I saw numerous reviews for this product in several magazines and fell for the whole 'Moroccanoil movement'. I have naturally curly, thick hair and while this product helps with dryness and frizz; the price is a little high considering how many other comparable products there are on the market.
Above all, the biggest downside for me is the smell. It is a little overwhelming and reminds me of Hawaiian Tropic suntan lotion that's been in a hot car all day.....throughout the day that's all I can smell.
I probably will not buy this product again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2009 7:53:00 AM More reviews by butterfield7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm a black American who wears my colored hair natural. I like being wash and go with twisting it once or twice a week. I've been using $2 beeswax for years to twist. But, as it's gotten longer, the beeswax and been building up and I didn't think my hair was as soft as it could be. On my last haircut, my stylist recommended this for curly styles *not* for when I have a blow out.

I used it in my hair air dried as a twisting agent / styling cream. It held the best twist and the smoothest I've seen it in several years. While generally soft, I don't think it was any softer than when I do it on my own. But, it overall far less gunky than it can be with beeswax.

I used about half a pump per twist. This, for me is going to be expensive. But, the twist lasted beautifully for several days with minimal additional oil or conditioners needed. Also, I loved the smell ;)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2009 7:17:00 PM More reviews by kllc0096

I've been using this for about 5 months now. I really like it. I have blonde hair that is usually dry and damaged. This has majorly helped my hair. Its healthier than normal!! I love the smell too!!
GREAT PRODUCT!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2009 4:27:00 PM More reviews by yorkie1023

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Amazing!!! My favorite-getting ready to buy my 2nd bottle. The CREAM is much better for fine hair than the oil-much lighter. Smooths and gives body too!! Love it!!!!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2009 12:23:00 AM More reviews by citichic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I just started using this product after having been fully committed to Aveda Be Curly, for years and am really liking it. Its a hydrating cream for all hair types and I love that it dosen't leave me with a stiff or crunchy texture. Also the cream has a nice perfumey exotic scent. I will definitely be buying this product again!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2009 3:05:00 PM More reviews by pr0cessa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought a whole set of Moroccan Oil products, including the Moroccan Oil and the Moroccan Oil Glimmer shine spray, plus the shampoo, conditioner, and this product, the hydrating style cream. So far the standout products in the line for me are the oil and the spray. This product must be used with care or it can weigh down my fine hair, and make it a little stiff. As the bottle proclaims, it is a universal product that would probably work with a lot of different hair types. It has the same exact smell as the original oil, but it comes in a convenient pump dispenser. I put the product on damp hair and let it air dry. My hair is long, wavy and damaged from too much color. The product really works to tame frizz, detangle, and smooth. But I can't use too much or my hair feels weighed down, with a "gummy" texture to it. I like this product but vastly prefer the original oil and the glimmer shine spray. I bought into the Moroccan Oil hype, but I think you could find many similar products which cost less.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2009 12:40:00 PM More reviews by iluvboyz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This leave- in styling cream eliminates frizz, adds definition and brilliant shine, while the pure argan oil conditions and hydrates the hair. An effective and versatile product for all hair types. Usage: apply a small amount of styling cream to damp or dry hair and style as usual.

This does help with shine and thermal protection but its just okay for me. Doesn't weigh my hair done and makes my hair soft. I think I paid about 20 or 30 bucks for this, so it was quite expensive. I don't think I would buy this again just because I can get cheaper styling products that give me the same result.