October 24, 2014 | 1556 users online

Fragrances - Avon - Chic in White

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2013 8:25:00 PM More reviews by Meshmmesha772000

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is the same as "Little White Dress " , the notes described are the same , packaging & everything else ..So if you like this perfume and one of them is discontinued in your country , get LWD or vice versa .. As for me it's an okay perfume but I won't buy it in full size bottle as it's nothing special , I was lucky enough to buy it in Rollette bottle and it was dirt cheap .

Update : I will add one lippy to this :) such a great perfume for Summer , it has a unique scent & proved just amazing in very good in very hot & humid weather (It reaches 38 c here sometimes ..) It has a "cool" note to it that projects beautifully and gives a soothing feeling in the heat , but not boring at the same time . I put the rolette in my bag all the time & may even buy in full size for a Summer vacation :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2012 6:18:00 PM More reviews by Magixz

I do like this perfume, but as always, I wish it lasted much longer. It is cheap enough to spray again and that is a plus. I hope this fragrance is not on it's way out of Avon's lineup because there are no samples to be bought in this scent. Being an Avon Rep. for too many years to count, this can mean a scent is being discontinued but Avon has not said this. The notes of this scent are written as, sparkling top notes of bergamot, fresh cut freesia and sparkling madarin lead to a floral heart of gardenia petals, white peony and white dandelion. The fragrance dries down to a veil of sensuously sweet white woods, white musk and warm benzoin. I do love the gardenia and madarin. This is a scent that reminds me of a sunshiny Spring day, very fresh with fragrant flowers budding. There isn't one dark note in the mix to my nose. It was the pick me up I needed for today.
EDIT: I had to review my review ;-) and brought this fragrance down a couple of notches. I do enjoy the smell but the lasting power is just not good enough to merit a 5 in my book, and the dry down could be a bit better smelling too. I am not sure what it is in the dry down but something just does not sit right with my nose. It is almost a generic type smell, or would that be cheap. Anyway this is a good fragrance for around the house for a pick me up kind of day, but needs to be showered off before bedtime IMO otherwise it starts to smell rather cheap and uninviting.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2011 10:01:00 AM More reviews by tessture

Went onto my skin sharp and loud as bug spray combined with a floral hairspray. This is not unusual for me when I first apply a floral perfume. It took it's own sweet time leaving this sharp, department store stage behind, really truly smelling like scented hairspray, but when it did, it was a beautiful, lovely cool musk/wood/benzoin, light and sheer. So the first half was horrible horrible and the dry down was fantastic. So it gets a solid three.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2011 2:20:00 PM More reviews by PinkyStorm

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this scent. It is long lasting and smells like I just stepped out of the shower. I have two bottles...one at home and one at work.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2011 10:18:00 PM More reviews by Jennlw5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

A light delicate sophisticated scent that is very nice. I would buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2010 2:20:00 PM More reviews by cbm08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this perfume. It definitely smells like a department store scent. It absolutely does not smell like something that can be ordered from an Avon catalog for $12. It is very delicate and feminine and I find it perfect for everyday use. I bought the Chic in Black also, but this one is definitely better!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2010 2:56:00 PM More reviews by lovecottagegardens

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love Chic in White! If an oriental fragrance could be considered light enough for day, fresh enough for warm weather, this one is the one! I really like that the notes offer a gentle spicy quality, and smokey, warm basenotes. Elegant, yet casual. Sophisticated, yet affordable. I hope this one doesn't get discontinued, or I may have to "hang up" selling Avon out of spite!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2009 1:02:00 PM More reviews by Purpledaisy2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This has become my go to fragrance for daytime (along with 50's Glam by Avon). It is a floral so if you do not like florals you will not like this one! It is very pretty and delicate, not overpowering at all. My fiance loves it too so that is a huge plus!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2009 9:33:00 AM More reviews by JonMoss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Drydown is nice. Almost like a citrus/floral/vanilla smell.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2009 12:03:00 AM More reviews by angellove1705

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got a sample of this from my Avon lady and I am in love! I did not think I would like this. I figured it would be boring, but I found it very fresh, but elegant at the same time. It actually reminds of a scent my Aunt wore when I was a little girl. For me this scent is comforting, classic, and a perfect everyday scent. I usually go for the flowery, beachy, fun smells, but I found this equally amazing. I will definitely be buying this.