July 28, 2014 | 2196 users online

Eyes - Shu Uemura - False Lashes- Smoky Layers

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2013 1:53:00 AM More reviews by saban

I bought these lashes long ago when Shu Uemura was still selling in brick and mortar stores in the US. That was at least 6 years ago. I have used them countless times (at least 40) and absolutely love them. They are the perfect mix of dramatic lashes with natural lashes. They are also slightly uneven to make for more realistic lashes. They just bring so much attention to the eye without over-doing it. With thicker lashes I feel as if I'm wearing mini visors over each eye and it takes away some of the sparkle from my eyes. With these lashes, I get the dramatic look without losing any brightness in my eye.

However, once the lashes get older the adhesive holding the lash band begins to weaken. This can cause the lash band to break and the lashes to fall off when you try to remove the adhesive from them. This happened to my Mini Khaki ones and it just happened to my Smokey Layers.

The only downside to these lashes is that they are pricey. Not the priciest ones out there but still pretty steep. But given how many times I was able to wear these, the price per wear is less than a dollar. That makes it a great value compared to my MAC lashes. Not as good a value as Red Cherry but they look 100 times better.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2013 11:39:00 AM More reviews by doobs

These eyelashes are the king of eyelashes! Somehow they manage to be both dramatic but natural! I had mine put on in the morning for a party at night - they stayed on and actually looked ok even in daytime wear! Plus I had a shower with them on - though did try to avoid getting them directly wet!! Yes, they are expensive (18.50) but given that the Shu Uemura ladies will put them on for you however many times you want, free of charge, they are worth every penny! Highly recommended!!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/28/2012 10:28:00 PM More reviews by crazisilverangel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I usually really like their eyelashes but this! I waited a long time on the wait list to get this. I finally got it and I tried to pick out the pair that were sort of even. They're beautiful to say the least but when I have them on my eyes looked completely un even. One lash was significantly shorter on the outer corner, I went back and hoped to exchange for another pair that was more symmetrical. To no avail none of them were even slightly the same

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2012 3:44:00 AM More reviews by razzledooda

Shu Uemura lashes = king of lashes. They make your eyes look huge and pretty, without looking OTT. I adore these lashes. I keep mine in their cases and they can be reused again and again. A beauty essential. I have two pairs. I love them! A must try. You will understand the hype once you have tried them.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2011 6:48:00 AM More reviews by ceen

Perfect for those occasions when you want to create a bit of eye drama with a (false lash) product you can trust not to migrate. Easy to apply, adhere well (when used with SU adhesive) and easy to remove. Recommended.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2010 5:41:00 PM More reviews by jejkim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

These are one of my 3 favorite lashes. It's an interesting blend of two layers of lashes, which you'll notice while looking at them in person. On the eye, they are simply gorgeous. I haven't found another brand that has anything close to this style lash.

This is natural looking but dramatic. Perfect for night looks. Shu Uemura truly does have the best lashes quality wise and look wise out there. I have tried and rotate in numerous other brands: Red Cherry, Ardell, The Face Shop, but my Shu Uemura ones I save for extra special times.

These lashes last a long time. I've been reusing and wearing mine for almost 6 months now. If they're cleaned properly, they'll last a long time, whereas other brands you have to throw out after a few uses. These lashes are thicker and feel a bit heavier on the lid. But, they look much better than other brands.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2010 10:45:00 PM More reviews by velouria

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

F*ck yeah.

These are the best lashes on earth. I wear some form of false eyelashes daily and these are trumps in my books, of all the brands I've ever tried. Shu Uemura makes the BEST lashes - nevermind MAC, Ardell, Sephora, MUFE etc., those are just all right - they've got a stronghold on the market, and Smoky Layers in particular are the most beautiful, full and natural lashes, while at the same time being dramatic. I get great use out of these. Pricey, but worth it! Mascara not required.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2009 10:43:00 PM More reviews by cherryhjt

You have to get this pair of False eyelashes, I owns 5 pair of Shu Uemura's False Eyelashes and lots of MAC eyelashes as well as Ardell brand eyelash. Nothing compares to the touch of this one and the dramatic but also very natural look. It is exactly like your own lashes no matter what look you have this lash will match with it. I wished I could wear them everyday!!!! GREAT product!!!! However if there is one cons here is the these pair of lashes are a little pricy 25USD pre tax a pair.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2009 3:24:00 PM More reviews by beautifulscorpio83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

These are awsome false lashes!!! i got them in late October to wear for my birthday party, it's now the end of May exactly seven months since i've got them and they still look really good!! I don't wear them everyday, just to go out at night, or for special occations. These lashes are constructed beautifully. They are a mixture of long and short lashes crisscrossed in a way that does smoke up your eyes when you wear them..hence the name smoky layers!! lol :). i have to say that i've tried a lot of false lashes since i'm a false lash addict. i tend to wear ardell lashes for everday because they are cheaper and more "disposable". I save these badboys for special occations. These are definatley the best quality false lashes i've seen, and the SA at the Shu counter sized them and trimmed the ends so that they would fit my eyes perfectly. A huge rave from me!! i will say these are definatley worth the money.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No