November 22, 2014 | 1597 users online

Hair Treatments - Davines - Nounou Pak - nourishing repairing mask

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2014 3:55:00 PM More reviews by zakitis

I have love and hate relationship with this one. What i love, if you apply it, your hair gets so silky and nice, and when you wash out it the hair is the same as before. It feels the moisture has not soaked in in hair. Really strange staff. The hair looks fine after, not oily.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/11/2014 7:48:00 AM More reviews by pianoBUTTER

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

My hair is thick, frizzy and coarse.. with really dry ends. My beautician recommended Davines Absolute Beautifying Potion, Momo Shampoo and this mask and so I splurged my cash on all three after reading online reviews :(

This mask smells lovely.. like dessert, I think. But it made my hair really dry. I love the packaging, though, cos I could scoop out a large amount easily so it would finish fast. I haven't tried the other Davines masks so I don't know if any of them would work on my hair. I am now using Kerastase Oleo Relax, the best hair mask I've used so far.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2014 9:42:00 PM More reviews by LilyWai

This is the best, most effective hair treatment mask I have ever used - & I have tried them all!
My hair without it was so fluffy and frizzy thanks to all the colouring & straightening i do and despite trying Kerastase masks, Redken masks, Fama and on & on it goes, nothing would work. I hate to think how much I spent on hair products which is why I don't mind the cost of this product, given that it actually does what it says it will do I would happily pay even more for it!
I find that the best results come from really towel drying my hair well after shampooing and then working a tablespoon of the mask through really well with my fingers and then using a wide toothed comb and leave it for a good 15 mins before rinsing. You can feel the difference as soon as you rinse it out but when it dries...oh my goodness! I just can't stop touching my hair because it feels and looks like silk (& this is previously over processed dry frizzy hair!).
People complain about the smell but i don't find it offensive or overpowering. Yes, it could be nicer but I certainly wouldn't describe it as awful.
The other thing I have noticed people whinging about is the packaging but I applaud Davines for not wasting money on packaging that is just going to be thrown away. I like the fact the money and effort goes into creating the best product they possible can and not on fancy, excessive packaging. If you have a look at their website they are very much committed to being as environmentally aware as possible and I love this about them. I like the minimalist design of their products anyway and I can reuse the pot when I'm finished or recycle it - everyone wins!
So the search is over for me, I have found the pinnacle of hair treatment masks and will never need to try anything else again. From now on every day can be a good hair day!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2013 8:54:00 PM More reviews by flagpoling

Such an AMAZING, WHAT-THE-HECK product!

I have medium length, dull, thick and frizzy hair that has been:
1. Dyed and straightened and permed to no ends
2. Put through ridiculously cold and dry winters
3. Exposed to copious amounts of ultraviolet frying and chlorine.

When I first purchased this, I had a few reservations:
1. The packaging was so plain/cheap to the point my friends vocally questioned if I'd been duped, especially for the price.
2. The smell was atypical. Unlike normal hair products, it didn't smell very sweet.
3. While rinsing it out, hair felt slightly gummy. (This proved not to be a problem at all later.)
4. Hair also took really long to air-dry.

However, the results were significant even after the first time I tried it and totally changed my opinion. Hair has become surprisingly soft, shiny, and resilient. The cuticles are also much less coarse than they had been before. Unlike other deep conditioners or hair masks, my hair isn't weighed down at all afterwards. It has more body than it did before but is somehow also significantly less frizzy. I mean, how does that even work! As promised on the tin, the texture too is better, which I can feel when I run my hands through my hair.

This is everything I had been looking for in the product, and I don't think I can be more satisfied! There are certainly drug-store products that are sold at 1/3 the price and better packaging, but no price or cute colors will ever supersede the effectiveness of this one. Will certainly be my miracle, go-to armor against all my styling whimsies and the horrible weather.

The only problem with this product is that now I can't stop touching my hair :-)

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2013 12:27:00 AM More reviews by richellealexis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

All I have to say is a huge THANK YOU to Davines for making this product. I am a natural blonde who decided to try the dark side for a bit, and when the colour started fading to something I wasn't exactly prepared for, I knew I needed to go back to my blonde roots. After a few fully-foiled heads I was back to blonde with extremely fried hair. Davines created this product for extremely damaged and distressed hair... I know this because it has been the only treatment that has made my hair feel relatively normal. Hoping for a speedy recovery with the help from this amazing product.

Ups:
*Smell
*Easy application
*Effectiveness

Downs:
*What is going on with the packaging? It sucks! Dollar store quality for such a banging product. Upgrade!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2013 4:42:00 PM More reviews by Zandra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Amaaaazing deep conditioner - Like butter for your hair.

But in all seriousness, the packaging really sucks. You would not think such a remarkable product is in this non-inspirational packaging. Yes, do not judge a book by it's cover (I bought it and it's divine) but COME ONNNNN! It;s ugly and boring! :P

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2012 2:31:00 AM More reviews by Scubanikki

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This repairing mask seriously makes biolage look like suave. It is a million times better than any conditioning treatment I've ever tried before. My hair is course, dry, and curly...I process it to death with heat and color. After using the repairing mask, my hair is super soft and curly (not at all weighed down or oily) and doesn't even resemble the typical brillo pad I get when I air dry my hair. I'm not particularly fond of the smell, which to me smells like eucalyptus, but it's not offensive. Also, the packaging seems flimsy for the price, but I'd buy this stuff if it came in a cup with saran wrap over the top. For real...it's that good!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2012 1:57:00 PM More reviews by rk8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have never ever written a product review before. Ever. I've never come across a product that I couldn't live without. Until THIS! This mask is the most amazing thing! I have dry, curly hair, and the Nounou Pak mask was recommended to me by a hair stylist. It's really tough to determine whether a product even works on my hair. It's so unpredictable that I usually can't tell whether the outcome is a result of the product, the weather, or some other unforeseen variable. But every time I use this mask, my hair is awesome. It's shiny, looks and feels healthy, and is somehow magically frizz-free. And the curls just seem to, I don't know, "fall right"? I'm not sure how else to explain it. I used it yesterday on a particularly rainy day, which would normally turn my hair into a halo of frizz...but with Nounou Pak, no frizz halo! Hallelujah! Someone actually went out of their way to tell me that my hair looked really good.

It's a pricey purchase, but totally worth it. I'm on my 4th tub of the stuff.

I have found my HG product, and I am happy.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2012 3:18:00 PM More reviews by prettymar

AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2012 12:06:00 AM More reviews by amandab

I have used Davines Love in the past and thought it was nice but not amazing. Based on the reviews here, I decided to give Nounou treament a try, using it as my regular conditioner. My hair is long, wavy, dry and damaged from highlights. This treatment works really well to moisturise and leaves my hair looking shiny and natural. The smell is not as nice as some of the other Davines products, but not too offensive. I like the fact that Davines products are relatively natural and not tested on animals. I had been using Pureology products until I realised that they are loaded with chemicals... Davines is much better.