Ardell Heated Eyelash Curler

Price: $

Price: $

on 12/30/2014 8:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is basically an alternative to heating a normal eyelash curler with a blow dryer. I suggest curling your eyelashes first thing in your makeup routine so as to not gunk up the cushions. This product is good, but not great. I am missing the "wow" factor.

Pros:
Works well
Doesn't ever get hot enough to burn yourself
the cushions change colors and tell you when it's ready for use
has a light that tells you if you it is heating up

Cons:
You have to pinch the curler together for like 30 seconds before it fully heats up.
takes longer to heat up the more times you use it, even after you have changed the batteries (I'm talking months/years, but still.)

on 2/24/2014 9:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I heard a YouTuber talk about this eyelash curler, and I saw it at my local drugstore for only $5, which is insanely cheap! I've seen other heated eyelash curlers online for over $20, so I just had to get the Ardell one. It's very light and easy to use; you just push the button up until the silicone pad turns clear, and use it as you would with any other eyelash curler. The heat isn't too hot, but it does help to hold a curl. I have relatively long lashes, and they stay curled for a relatively long time, but this little tool is just a nice thing to have. Plus, you just can't beat the price!

on 2/18/2014 2:26:00 PM

I LOVE this thing. its amazing. i was so excited to try it out cause lately i just wasnt liking the way my lashes were looking. i tried investing in new mascaras and fake lashes but nothing was impressing me. i tried this heated lash curler as soon as i got home and popped in the batteries. i wasnt expecting much though. but boy was i pleasantly surprised!! this is what i was looking for!! I cant believe i didnt get this sooner. its SO worth the price. i paid like 7,95. it makes such a difference from using a regular eyelash curler. my eyelashes actually go up now and not just half way up and crooked. it looks sooo good i love love love it

on 4/29/2013 6:01:00 AM

I cannott comment on the effectiveness of this curler as the design makes it damn near impossible to use. I don't have the longest lashes, and can only get the very ends of my lashes onto the curler because of where the button is situated.
I have to have my finger underneath the curler (inbetween my face and the curler) to try and push the button up when using it, but cannot do that and get my lashes into the curler at the same time.
My lashes fit into it fine when the curler is flat against my face but that means I cannott push the button up and close the curler onto my eyelashes.
Its the first curler I've ever tried to use and its practically useless, thankfully I didn't pay a thing for it as it was a free gift that came along with something else I bought from the Ardell range.

on 2/5/2012 8:01:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

best heater eyelash curler I've used! fits all lashes and pain/pull free.. bought it from Priceline for AU$12.99 which is not too bad compared to the 1000 Hour heated eyelash curler (AU$18.99) which I found completely useless. I was in desperate search to get my hands on the Panasonic EH2351 everyone raves on about but I'm quite happy to stick to this one :D

on 1/18/2012 9:20:00 PM

this is the BEST lash curler in existence!
i am half asian so there isn't much to curl to begin with so having something like this is a Godsend... i'm actually onto my 3rd one as i keep dropping em and they split at the middle so when i try and curl my lashes i end up pinching my eyelid! nothing a lil glue can't fix tho...
i've tried the heated wands -didn't like em and they didn't work for me.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I got this eyelash curler today and I really love it. I personally love the packaging/design, it reminds me of something retro and old fashioned and I'm obsessed with that style. I also like the packaging because it is much easier for me to hold (I have small hands) and it does not take up as much room as other curlers do. It was a little expensive for me (I paid $12.99AUD) but I think it's well worth the quality. I can fit all of my lashes in the curler, which is a big plus for me as my eyelashes are quite long and I do have some trouble using other types of curlers (pinching my skin, eyelashes not fitting, etc). The heat is a great feature as it makes sure your curl last all day. Heating is quick and easy and you know when the curler is ready to use as the red rubber turns clear. I haven't use mascara after using this yet, but I'm going to try it out in the future and will update this review.

on 1/5/2011 8:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I brought this before the Christmas. I've used it a few time and i actually quiet like it.
For me, it seems a bit difficult to use, since its bulky unlike the pen like heated ones.
This is actually faster to heat up my lashes and it actually get most of my lashes, where as the pen one I have to sweep it back and forward constantly.
Also another thing I like about this is that it it conserves engergy unlike the pen one. This would only heat up when you press it together against your lashes, I usually press the wand together to heat it up before I put it on my lashes. I love the red pad on it, it turns clear when it has heated up to indicate its ready for use.
This does not heat up to an excesively high temperature, I honestly at first thought this would be a failure since I cant feel the heat, unlike some of my other eyelash curler, I can feel the heat instantly. I thought it wouldnt be strong enough to curl my lashes, but it did a better job than any of my other ones.
The appliance feels a bit flimsy, dont know how long it would last, but at the moment, I'm loving it!

on 10/27/2010 9:51:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I cannot find the option for the curler I am talking about, but it's not the one in this picture, it's the one like a pen. I was really excited to get this product since I love eyelash curlers and have been wanting a heated one for so long. Big disappointment. It's not the traditional kind, but the new pen like one. It does nothing straighten out your eyelashes like a comb. It's like using a flat iron in your eyelashes. Brushes through them nicely and that's it. I tried every which way to make it work, but nothing. Held it this way, held it that way, no mascara, after mascara, nothing. It gave a slight lift to my lashes, but not the dramatic length and curl you're supposed to get. It would be best used for getting clumps of mascara out of my lashes. Needless to say I sent it back.

on 6/26/2010 2:55:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

At $3.99, this was an excellent buy.

The instructions say it is ready to curl when the silicone pad turns from pink to clear. However it is not very warm at that point, and you'll only get a lackluster curl.

However because the ON mechanism has a spring so it has to be held on, I've been tricking it to stay in the ON position by sticking a small pencil in the opening created when it is pushed ON (it's obvious how to do this). That lets me easily heat it for a minute or more before curling without having to hold it ON all that time.

After being allowed to heat for a minute or two instead of just the 30 or so seconds for the color-change, it has been comfortably giving my lashes a hard curl within 15 seconds.

It's not a very natural curl, but within a couple of hours it wilts enough to be natural (and I wear glasses, so the odd angle probably isn't very noticeable).

The Ardell isn't quite wide enough for my eyes, so I'm planning to get a Panasonic heated curler for the lashes that are left out.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools