July 26, 2014 | 918 users online

Treatments (Face) - Paula's Choice - Super Antioxidant Concentrate (new & improved 2009)

rated 1 of 5 on 3/14/2010 11:29:00 PM More reviews by butterflywings09

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ordered this and received it about 5 days ago and guess what? 2 days later and I was sporting 4 pimples for the first time since I was 17 years old. They are still on my face too. Not good. They all showed up at once the 2nd morning after using it.

I'm sending this back to her in the morning. A complete disappointment because I know it is packed with state of the art ingredients. I love all of her other products though; especially her BHA 2% , her tinted moisturizer and her weightless sunscreen.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2010 5:00:00 AM More reviews by Paulygirl21

I have known about this serum for quite sometime, due in part to all the praise here on MUA. After so much reading on antioxidants, I wanted to incorporate them into my skin regimen. Finally took the plunge and purchased. While I was concerned that such a thick serum would break me out, I have had NO problems whatsoever. Absorbs quickly, too. I've been using the Skin Recovery Toner, 2% BHA liquid and this, and my skin really seems to agree with this combo. Superficially, this hasn't had an adverse effect on my skin, but at the same time, there is no real visible improvement. Hopefully it's helping (in combo with SPF) protect my skin the way it's supposed to. I suppose time will tell.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2010 2:24:00 PM More reviews by dharbo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE THIS!!! The texture is kind of thick silicone but it does absorb after a few minutes. Reminds me of DrD hydroshield and Kate Somerville's quench but just a tad thicker. Still it leaves my combo skin super soft and I have noticed brightening in my skin. I haven't had one breakout with this. It would be nice to have this in an airless pump but its fine in the tube as its travel friendly.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2010 2:55:00 AM More reviews by lisant72

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been using this at night for about 6 weeks and my skin is looking beautiful. I have sensitive, dry-combination, previously acne-prone (now scarred) skin - my biggest issues right now as I head into my 30's are blotchiness, redness, dryness, and wrinkles! (I wear an SPF but the Australian sun is brutal).
This concentrate absorbs quickly, doesnt sting my eyes when i use around eye area, and makes me glow - especially when I use at night...the next morning my skin looks amazing.
Another reviewer mentioned Clinique Super Rescue Antioxidant Cream - I used that and loved that but this is equal, if not better, and here that Clinique cream costs AU$100, whereas I bought my PC concentrate for AU$35.
I also use and love the PC BHA 2% and the AHA 8% - but really didn't love the Resist moisturiser. It did nothing for my skin and seemed to sit on top even though I only used a little.
But anyway this is a winner!
UPDATE: I had some horrible red dry excema skin around my eyes, and I couldnt go near it with any moisturiser as it was stinging like crazy. Have been using this around my eyes and it has soothed, not stung, AND the red is almost gone after a few days! LOVE this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/7/2010 2:53:00 AM More reviews by hesperus

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This product has unfortunately given me milia and cystic acne, despite using it in conjunction with AHA/BHA products. I tried to use it as an eye serum but it irritates the skin around my eyes if used every day. I will continue using it 2-3 times a week around the eyes until I finish the tube and won't be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2009 3:28:00 PM More reviews by suzyqz1970

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

My dermatologist told me recently that I really only need 3 different skincare products to keep my skin in good condition one of which was a good antioxidant (the other two were suncreen of 30 spf + and a retinol product). I have used this in the original formula several years ago and thought it was pretty good. I only use it at night and my skin is always sooo soft in the morning. I like this formula even better. I have oily skin but this sinks in extremely well for me but then again, I only use it at night and alternate it with Retin A. I think this is one of those preventive measures vs really changing any wrinkles but it must be working b/c my dermatologist said my skin looked at least 10 years younger than it actually is. Because there's so much slip to this product, I don't think you have to use that much. For an antioxidant product , I think the price is very reasonable. It's also in the right kind of container that doesn't let air or light in. I have used it during the day too without turning into a grease pit either but I still use it mainly at night. I will definately re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2009 10:16:00 AM More reviews by klb1223

I'm not writing an official review for this product yet. I did want to add some info for those of you ordering samples of the new improved version. I have ordered samples twice and both times I made sure to check the ingredients on the packet. Both were the OLD formula. The first time I was told that the formulas outcomes were essentially the same so there would be no difference. I have sensitive skin and need to test an exact formula to be sure I don't have a reaction. They offered me free shipping on ordering again. never did but a few months later I ordered more samples and still got the old formula. I dealt with customer service and was very pleased with their response. They told me that Paula had decided to sell through all the old formula samples since the performance of the product was the same. This seems pretty misleading to me because if I order something to try it I want to try the new formula. So they sent me a tube of the new stuff on the house. I was very pleased with their response and have used the new formula for a few days. I'll write a review later. I just wanted to post this since I have seen some people not liking the samples they got and they might not even know that it's not the new formula and be put off by texture, etc. which is different in the new version.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2009 10:33:00 AM More reviews by zernelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Back when my skin was oilier, I used the PC Skin Balancing Antioxidant Concentrate, but when I recently decided that I wanted to use an antioxidant serum again, I chose the new and improved version of the Super Antioxidant Concentrate because it seemed more appropriate for my current skin type and it had great reviews. Unfortunately, it hasn't worked out all that well for me. It seems to make my skin break out, and it sometimes (though not always) makes the skin around my eyes sting temporarily when I apply it. I'm disappointed, and I will not be repurchasing this product.

Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-5, Tocotrienols, Tocopherol, Ubiquinone, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Ferulic Acid, Caffeic Acid, Beta-Glucan, Saccharomyces/Selenium Ferment, Superoxide Dismutase, Epigallocatechin Gallate, Ergothioneine, Glutathione, Xanthophyll, Soybean Seed Extract, Ceramide 3, Arctostaphylos Uva Ursi Leaf Extract, Lupinus Albus Seed Extract, Turmeric Root Extract, Palm Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hexylene Glycol. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2009 1:49:00 PM More reviews by ksied

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the first Paula's Choice product I have tried. I wanted to try an antioxidant serum and this was the least expensive pre-made serum with the ingredients that interested me. I am glad I ordered this! It is very soothing on my skin and feels silky and mildly moisturizing. I have only been using it for about one month so it is hard to say if I have had results but my skin does look a little better overall (I started using a couple other new products around the same time so it is hard to say what has caused improvement). I also find it makes a nice light primer under make-up.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/28/2009 1:12:00 PM More reviews by Shamim81

Why buy this if you can get the Clinique Super Rescue Antioxidant Night Moisturizer FOR YOUR OWN SKIN TYPE!!! They come in 3 types, oliy dry and i think normal. Paula herself rates Clinique's Antioxidant "Paula's pick" on her site but with $$$, meaning it's over priced. Now I beg to DIFFER!!! I buy Clinique's 50ml for $46 CND, and this serum is $26CND for 30ml. Do the math and add shipping for Paula's serum. IT IS MORE!!! Common sense! I guess she just wants us to buy hers, not surprised. Also it's easier to return the Clinique to it's counter. I LOVE Clinique's Antioxidant and DDMG. Just pure LOVE!!